Part 42 Family Homicide

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

The Grand Cherokee was moving at a high speed on the empty highway. They passed by fields on either side of the road. Occasionally, one can spot lights from houses located near the highway, but they were few and far between.

The crime scene was in an outer village, about an hour's drive from Kolkata city centre.

Karan hasn't told Monami much about the phone conversation. She only knew it's an urgent case, and that they have very little information on it at the moment.

Monami was sitting in the passenger seat next to the driver. Karan looked calm and collected as usual. Her mind was still thinking about what happened in her room less than an hour ago.

The incoming call was like a bucket of ice water that poured over them. They were completely cooled down after the phone call.

The events of the last few days had been a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions for Monami.

A week ago, he was still the aloof professor. He didn't know a thing about love. Suddenly, he started pursuing her relentlessly. He successfully captivated her heart, which was already leaning towards him in the first place.

Her brain has been in a state of drowsiness since their....proper first kiss. Then he proceeded, with lightning speed to lead her from her first kiss to her 'first night'...

They've only been together for a week, and she ended up in bed with the guy! Karan was definitely a 'bad influence'. She never imagined that she would behave this way.

It's hard to imagine this prim and proper man driving next to her is the same hot and passionate man that was lying on top of her just a while ago.

Monami blushed. The pace of their development was too fast for her to handle.

So, the phone call came at a timely moment. They would take things a little more slowly, to make sure they are building a relationship that will last.

Perhaps she has been quiet for too long. Karan said in a cold tone: "Main uss murderer ko usne jo kiya hai uska aisa sabak sikhaunga ki woh kabhi nahi bhulega."

Monami: "Huh?"

Karan said with a cold smile: "He chose to kill during such an important moment for me."

- Important moment?

She laughed. He was still angry.

She recalled. After the phone call, they quickly got dressed. When he came out of his room, his handsome face was still red, and there was still an obvious bulge in his trousers....

____

He turned to look at her: "Main tumhe jyada intezaar nahi kraunga." He said in a low voice.

Monami: ".... It's ok. There's no hurry."

Karan paused. He noticed a micro-expression on her face.

He asked : "Do you regret it?"

Monami retorted "Nahi...aisa nahi hain.. it's just that..."

"Is it me? Is there something I've done that's not good enough?" He asked in an incredibly pompous tone.

Monami answered immediately: "Of course not. You are great."

He swept her a look: "I thought so. Phir kya reason hain?"

Monami thought for a while, then held his hand on the steering wheel.