Extra stories -4 Parenthood for Mr. And Mrs Shergill

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Esha Shergill

A few years after Karan and Monami were married…

Monami gave birth to their first child.

Karan doesn't like kids. To him, ‘children’ equates to  trouble, noise, unable to communicate, and crawling around. 

Monami on the other hand, is very fond of children. She knows her husband lacks patience, so she is the primary care giver. He just needs to spend a bit of time each day with her and the kids. 

But there are occasions when Karan has to look after the child himself. 

For example, today. 

The nanny is taking a day off.  Monami has to accompany her mom to the hospital for a check up.  Therefore, the task of looking after baby falls onto Karan.

Before Monami left, she made sure she did everything she can to make his life easier. Baby is bathed and fed. He needs to look after her for five hours.

It’s a hot summer day. A lazy afternoon. Karan sits on the sofa to watch TV. He seldom watches TV, but sometimes he watches investigation documentaries to keep up with what’s been happening in the country.   

As he is watching TV, his ten month old daughter Esha crawls around on the carpet, while playing with toys.  She seems to be entertaining herself quite well and leaving Karan alone.  He just needs to keep an eye out on her: “Not too bad. Yeh independent hain...” He thought to himself.

But before long, he felt something warm over his foot. He looked down.  Baby has crawled up to him and is hugging his leg. 

Karan frowned and asked her: “Mishti ko kya chahiye?”

godi… hulg…”

Karan replied: “par Mujhe nahi lena hain.”

“Woo…woo…” 

Karan remembered what Monami said before she left: “You have to be gentle with her!” So, he decided to compromise.

He picked her up and sat her next to himself on the sofa: “Acha baba.. chlo hum tv dekhte hain...”

Baby obliged and watched TV quietly besides papa.

However, this new found peace did not last long. Soon she was agitated again. She leaned over to her father and asked piteously: “mmm, mummm.”

Chlo leke aate hain.” He heads to the kitchen to get the milk bottle.  Then he made her sit on kitchen floor with toys and heated her milk.

Soon, milk was ready. She giggled and reached out her hands to try to grab the bottle.

Karan puts her on his lap and gently pushed the bottle teat into her mouth. She drank contently. Karan observed her while she drank milk.  She is starting to look more and more like Monami.

She is definitely more good looking now. And her chubby fingers are so cute.

Baby seems to sense the father’s soften emotions. She stays in his arms and smiles at him. He gently pinches her small cheeks, and rubs her round little shoulders. “Acha... Theek hain.. hum iss position me rahenge thodi der..” He thought to himself.