Part 49 A Beautiful Night

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

A beautiful autumn day in Kolkata.  The air was brisk and clear.

In a bright sunny morning, Monami stood in front of the coffee table. She was tidying the files. Karan was sitting on the sofa behind her. He has his laptop on. He seemed to be concentrating on reading something.

Once the holidays start, we have no more visitors.” Monami said casually.

She was talking about the officers visiting them with their cold cases.  Yesterday, two people came. Today was the beginning of the seven day holiday. Not a soul has come to them. 

Karan lifted up his head from looking down at the screen: “Well, it's Diwali.”

Monami laughed. Is this the same guy that she knew almost a year ago?  She thought festivals and holidays mean nothing to him. She had to drag him out of the house to play fireworks with her. Well this Diwali, they weren't going back to her hometown.. they had decided to go somewhere else..

Karan knew what she was thinking about. He gave a sly smile. “I don’t really care. But aaj Bahut important day hain..”

Monami was not sure what he means. Was he talking about any festival but festivals starts from tomorrow. She was confused but he lowered his head to work on his laptop again. 

After tidying the files, she went to her room to get changed. She was meeting a few of her university friends today for shopping. Surely Karan would not be interested. 

I’m leaving now.” She yelled at the front door.

Umm.” He replied “Tum wapas kb tak aaogi?”

Monami answered: “I won’t be long.”  She paused, and added: “Main tumhe tumhare vacation ka first day akele nahi spend karne dungi.” 

Karan sar up straight on the sofa.  He curled the lips on his handsome face: “Of course you won’t.” He said in a lazy but dreamy voice. 

When you are in love, you start to miss the person the moment you part from him. Monami sat in the taxi. The puffy white clouds hung high in the blue sky. She thought of her charming boyfriend. Her heart was filled with joy. 

Even when he was injured, he never hides the intention of wanting advance to the next level in their relationship with her. But in the past few days, they have been so busy that he seemed to have forgotten.   

Oh, he was so childish, yet so cute. 

She was sure when he remembers… he would not hold back.

Oh, she’d better found a place to hide herself. 

What Monami didn't realise was that he has never forgotten about it. It’s always on his mind. He was waiting for his injuries to completely heal. He wanted to be in top form to deliver the perfect first time experience for both of them.

The moment she walked out of the front door, Karan put down his laptop and started to pace around the house. 

Finally, their big day has arrived. 

He’s made all the necessary arrangements. She would be pleased. 

He called the Police Department earlier to make sure no one will be appearing out of the blue with their unsolved cases. She might have noticed this already.

As for his injuries?  He was completely recovered. In fact, he’s been lying in bed for so long he felt he has lots of excess energy to burn. 

Knowledge and skills? …. Those suggestions he just read on the internet was firmly planted in his brain. It is not an exaggeration to say that he was so knowledgeable in the area now that no matter which position or techniques she preferred, he could satisfy her.