Part 37 Bar, drinks and indirect kiss

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

It is a pleasant autumn night. The evening is cool, but comfortable. Beneath the stars and moon, the three of them walked toward a pub situated next to the river bridge in the city.

Monami was standing in front of the white railings by the lake. On her left is Sid, on her right, Karan. Both of them are tall and handsome. And both of them seem to want to walk beside her all the time so she is 'clipped' in the middle between the two of them.

Actually, it is not a bad thing - her best friend, and the man she adores, both by her side on a beautiful night.

Of course, if Sid would drop that cunning smile of his, and Karan does not have that solemn look on his face, that would have been perfect.

A few people are holding water lanterns and walking towards the water edge. Karan seemed to be interested in what they are doing. He followed them for a closer look.

As Karan walked away, Monami used this opportunity to talk to Sid: "I told you mujhe teri help nahi chahiye."

Sid playfully hits her head and said: "Arre Darr mat Monu.. mujhe pta hain main kya kar raha hoon.. aur teri khushi important kuch hoga kya mere liye.. Your happiness is of utmost importance to me."

Karan walked back. He asked them: "Kis baare me tum dono baat kar rahe ho?'

Monami was about to speak, but Sid started before her: "Bas yun hi.. Hum Monu ki love life ke baare me baat kar rahe the ."

"Oh... love life?" Karan looked at her, with an unusual smile on his face.

Sid answered: "Kya hain na.. killer machine wala work Kiya tha na sath me uske baad se mere bahut se colleagues Monu me bahut interested Hain.. They have asked me to find out if they have a chance." He turned to Monami: "So, what do you think? Tere no de sakta hoon kya?"

Monami didn't know what to say. She didn't want to make Sid to look bad in front of Karan, so she just replied: "Kyon na iske baare me hum baad me baat karte hai Sid."

Karan raised his brows and looked sharply at her.

"For a good lady, it's the quality of the suitors that is important, not quantity."

Oh... another opinion on love from him.

Sid was not letting go of this great opportunity: "Professor Shergill, aap toh iske senior hain. Agar.. like if you know koi acha fine young man, toh you should introduce them to Monami. Kya na iski mom bhi iske liye bahut concerned hain.. She is always talking to me about it."

Monami was getting more and more embarrassed. What if he said- main iss type k pathetic matters ka koi dhyan nahi rakhta?"

But his response was different from what Monami has expected. He smiled and said: "Fine young man? Of course main isse kissi se introduce krwa skta hoon. Woh bahut outstanding hain. As long as Monami ko date karna ho." He looked at her warmly as he 'hinted' to Monami.

But of course, Monami misunderstood him again. Her heart sank when she heard this.

He wanted to introduce someone else to her...

She gave a faint smile: "Let not talk about this anymore. I am not looking for a boyfriend at the moment."

This statement caused Karan's smile to froze. But again, Monami was too heavy hearted to notice.