Part 43 His efforts to get praise

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.
Continuing from the last part,

2am.

Officers and residents filled the tiny Village. The officers were listening to Karan's briefing. The residences were standing near the crime scene, discussing amongst themselves.

Karan took off his jacket. He stood on front of the crowd, like he was about to present an academic paper. He took a quick look at the crowd and started :

"Suspect male h.. uski age 25 se 35 saal k beech hain, build thin h... height 5'4" feet to 5'9" k beech me hain"

The officers were impressed. This matched the opinions from the forensic team. The forensic team also said that the killer is between 165 to 175cm.

"... Woh dekhne me he may look like he suffers from malnutrition. He is dirty, probably kuch days se shower ya bath nahi liya hua. Agr bheed me dekhoge tb bhi usse Pehchan paoge. Phle se uski mental history hogi, I mean mental patient hoga woh.. ho sakta he is even possibly been diagnosed to have paranoid schizophrenia and delusions. Past year me woh kisi mental institution ne raha hoga..aap sabko uska DNa sample sabse pehle hospital records me check karna chahiye.

Education level ka bolu toh usne 9-12th ki education Li hui hain. Woh koi job nahi karta. Ho sakta woh koi contract work karta ho ya phir apni family par hi dependent hain ya sarkar se financial assistance par hi rehta hain. Woh most probably akele hi rehta hain par, ek small possibility hain ki woh apne family members k sath rehta ho. He is withdrawn, with not much contact with the neighbours. Par Neighbors usse recognise kar sakte hain.. uske strange behaviour ki wajah se.

He doesn't drive. Aur kyonki kisi cycle track ya kisi vehicle k nishaan nahi dikhe.. so, he probably walked here. Woh iss gaav se jyada door nahi rehta hoga. Uska Ghar bhi bahut messy hoga.., probably full of rubbish. That's all. You should leave now."

His speech was fast and concise. He almost finished the whole briefing in one breath. All the officers were stunned.

Monami was used to seeing him in 'work' mode. After hearing the briefing, she knew it's not going to take long for the killer to be arrested. And in her mind, a picture of what the killer looked like begins to form - like a tramp you might occasionally see on a street; dirty, with messy hair; mental unstable, might looked a little scary, may even flash his body in front of strangers....

Even though Karan asked the officers to 'leave now', nobody was moving.

"Kyon?" Some officers are asking.

"Abhi waqt nahi hain explain karne ka..!" Karan interrupted them. "Woh most likely yehi aas paas ghoom raha hoga.. ya phir he has gone home to sleep. Isse phele woh kisi aur ko maar de.. hume usse phle usse pakdna hoga.. Meri assistant aapko report bhej degi.. so Now, go!"

Suddenly everyone sensed the urgency of the matter. They quickly left.

Karan turned to said to Monami: "Back to the car."

They were inside the car, separated with the noise and action outside by the thick tinted glass windows.

Monami has her notebook ready.

After the briefing, Karan was not as hurried as he was before. He leaned back and picked up a bottle of water. He opened the lids and drank some. Then he passed it to Monami: "Here, have some."

Monami realised then, that her throat was very dry too. She let Karan held the bottle for her and drank a few mouthfuls.

Karan has a smile on her face. When she has finished drinking the water, he threw the bottle to the back of the car: "Kya tum akele report handle kar paogi?"