Part 30 A new case

Hey guys, thank you for your votes and comments.

Continuing from the last part,

Dawn breaks into daylight. The morning has begun. The start of another busy yet ordinary day for many people in Kolkata.  

Monami was wearing her pyjamas.  Her hair tied into a ponytail. She stood in front of her wardrobe.  

- Mmm… what should I wear today?

She took out a light blue shirt and a pair of beige Capri pants. That’s her usual attire since she started working. Clothes that are more suitable for the corporate environment. 

Then she paused. She looked at the dresses on the other end of the wardrobe. Those with more vibrant colours and designs.

She thought for a while. Then she pulled out the prettiest dress that is in the wardrobe.

A sleeveless dress with a flared shirt and shoulder straps with buttons. It shows off her collarbone, nice arms and a little bit of her back.  It’s a tight fitting dress so it accentuates her curves.  But it’s not a low cut dress that would make her look too sexy.  The pale yellow fabric is a perfect match to her beautiful skin complexion.

She looked at the mirror and was pleased with how she looked.

She took a hair tie with a sparkly crystal design on it. She usually pay down her hair but she wanted to tie it up  today.  She put on a little lip gloss, changed into a pair of heeded sandals and headed downstairs.

—————-

Karan was reading the papers when she went into his apartment.  Reading the newspaper in the morning was something he did every morning.  An old fashioned habit of his.  

He was so focused he didn’t even take a glance at her.  Monami was surprised to see that breakfast was already on the table.  He went out earlier this morning to get it from their usual stall.     

Aaj aap jaldi jag gye.”  She sat opposite him, and picked up a section of the paper that he was not reading.  She pulled a plate to herself.  

Yeah…” Actually, he woke up early because he didn’t sleep well last night.

He thought about his lack of sleep.  He lifted his head to look at the culprit.  

——————

Monami was reading the papers when she felt someone was starring at her.  

It’s a familiar gaze.  She could see from the corners of her eyes that Karan was s looking at her. 

She blushed.

Today, she has tied her hair up, showing her shoulders. She could tell that Karan are staring at her shoulders. 

She pretended not to notice, and continued to eat her breakfast.

-  He was still staring…

 “Kya tum aaj kisi beauty contest me part lene ja rahi ho?” He finally spoke.

Monami blushed even more.  She tok a look at him.  He did not seem to be ‘attracted’ by the looks.  He’s merely commenting on the fact that she looked different today.  

Well, aapne kaha tha aaj hum Kolkata police headquarters me kisi se Milne Jaa rahe hain.” said Monami, “I thought it would be nice to leave him a good first impression.”

Karan thought for a few seconds: “Then jab hum first time mile the tab tum aise dress up kyon nahi hui thi?  Is it not necessary to leave me a good first impression?”