Chapter 9 - Nathan

"I heard you went out?" Father asked as we were having dinner together.

This was a daily routine for us now. Whenever dinner approaches, we eat together like one happy family. Nathan, who looked indifferent sitting in front of me, doesn't look exactly the 'happy' part.

"Mmm! We strolled around the capital and visited landmarks." I replied.

I heard Nathan snort, so I glanced at him. He was wearing this cynical half-smile of his which makes him look arrogant. Well, he IS arrogant...

"Did you buy anything?" Dad glanced at me as he sips his wine.

Honestly, why does dad keeps asking me about buying things? Is that all Nadia ever asked him? .

"Yes, I did! I bought something for everyone as well."

"That's a first" Nathan butts in all of a sudden.

This guy's being a jerk again. Whenever we're in the same room, every single time he opens that mouth of his, he is either mocking me, or he's being a dedicated a$$hole. There is no in-between.

I gave him a smile, even though inside, I was itching to smack him over his head.

"I hope you'll like it, dad." I beamed and signal for Mari to bring it in.

Lily and Erin entered the dining room carrying the thing I had brought from earlier. It was a chocolate cake, and I specifically bought it for tonight's dessert.

"We tried one of the cafes from the Capital and the cakes there were really delicious! So I bought one for everyone to try as well~" I narrated while looking really excited all throughout.

I wasn't lying though. The cakes were scrumptious! I literally felt the chocolate melting inside my mouth and was having culture shocks the entire time.

I watched them eat the cake. Nathan was looking apprehensive at first, but I know his weakness well fufufufufu~

C'mon Nathan! I know you have a sweet tooth! This is basically a personal attack to you, you know! Fufufufufufu~

As the saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

I had already contracted the kitchen staff to teach me about baking. In due time, I would frequently give frontal attacks so he better be prepared.

"What do you think?" I was batting my eyelashes to them, anticipating their replies.

"This is really good." My dad says while nodding.

I know he's not a fan of sweets so it's so sweet of him to even try one just because I gave it to him.

"It's... fine," Nathan uttered.

My eyes narrowed.

Hohhh? Only fine? Nathan, you're such a big liar.

"Thank you, brother!" I exclaimed and let out a wide grin at him.

His expression soured in an instant, not amused at the thought that he made me happy.

Heh~ Knowledge is power, you know!

I thought while celebrating mentally.

Nathan - 0

Nadia - 1

------------------***

Squinting my eyes, I stared really hard at the rows and rows of shops that lined the wall. I was trying to determine which looks better, but I couldn't, for the life of me, distinguished anything. They all look equally better in my eyes. To me, it all looked similar, the only thing that differentiates them, is their colors.