Chapter 75 - Nadia's Social Debut Pt. 3

With eagerness, I lifted the cover of the box to confirm what I had in mind and gasped. Lo and behold, a bow was in there. It's not just any bow either! Nothing is normal with all of the gifts they had given to me so far, and this might just have topped that bonsai tree in regards to incredulity!

It has the color of vibrant gold with intricate designs that look like scales on its body. Each scale has a variety of colors; aquamarine, blue, yellow, and red. Both ends of the bow were made to take the shape of wings. Most likely, this bow is crafted to resemble a phoenix bird.

Even the effin' arrows look cool as heck!

I have no words...

Tongue-tied, my eyes drank it in. It's gorgeous! This is like a weapon of the Gods. Is this really mine? For real?!

"I..." I trailed off, got absolutely speechless-- "damn," I whispered afterward.

.

That's right. That's all I have to say.

"It's a pity that I couldn't get to give it to you sooner," dad kept going even though he could clearly see that I could not even utter one single word.

This legit just made me want to cry more.

I stared at him with sparkling eyes. It could be from unshed tears, or from being blessed with the awesomeness of the bow. Who knows...

"Daaaad..." I vocalized and sniffled.

My father was surprised by my sudden urge of bawling my eyes off and chuckled. I rushed over to hug him which he returned while still laughing lightly.

'Ah, maybe I should have hugged my brother earlier too. Well, I could do it later anyway.'

"Silly girl..." he whispered.

I hugged him tighter, feeling elated when I felt him did the same. How much I yearn to be just like this, forever if possible. If only time would stop so I could be with the people that I cherish for as long as I want...

"Go on with your preparations. Remember, the party won't start without you." Dad patted my head for the last time before finally leaving my room.

After he's gone, I looked down at the boxes in my hands, the one from Nathan and father, and hugged it. I don't mind how ridiculous they get, as long as it came from them. I don't even care if it's just a normal rock in the backyard, it will still be precious to me.

The maids all came in again, later on, to help me dress up.

'At long last! I could now wear my gown!'

I was holding my breath as the five of them carefully but meticulously, fix whatever is needed to be fixed. After more grueling minutes, I was now all set. Yes, they had taken minutes to fasten everything, especially at my back.

The dress fitted me just right, not too tight, nor loose. Same with the separated sleeves. It doesn't fall down like what I had been worrying about, and stayed there firmly, even after flapping my arms like crazy.

Wearing it, I felt a burst of confidence surging out of nowhere. It's like I could strut around the capital, flipping my hair and twirling around like some ballerina. I honestly feel like a princess right now.

'Cinderella better watch out...'

I slowly turned my eyes towards the full body-length mirror so I could see myself. Call me a narcissist but, damn girl, I look bomb! Helen of Troy who? I only know Nadia...