Chapter 85 - The Duke Of Agera

Ylmer was feeding the birds when he noticed that something is amiss. He counted the falcons in the aviary and noted that there is one missing. He counted again to make sure, and he was right.

Thus, he left the aviary to check the surrounding trees. If the falcon did not fly far away, then it must be around somewhere around the mansion.

Yvan, who was patrolling the borders with their master, saw his twin making rounds and kept staring at the trees.

"What are you doing?" He voiced out, calling his attention.

Ylmer, without looking at him, answered, "A falcon is missing and I am trying to find it."

Yvan knotted his brows, "Does the master know?"

"Of course not.. I have not told him yet and you already know what he's going to say," Ylmer blankly replied.

"Right..."

If they did, their master would probably look them coldly in the eyes, while tilting his head sidewards. That is a sign that either, they should scram and look for it as soon as possible, or he doesn't give a damn.

It's always the latter...

After all, it's just a mere bird. If any, he would get angry from the incompetence of the one taking care of it, and not because it's gone.

"How do you even know it's around?" Yvan pointed out.

"I don't."

Yvan stared at his twin and shook his head. He could have just let it go because the master never visits the aviary anyway. He even suspects that he doesn't know that it exists...

But looking at how earnest his twin was being, he decided to let him do whatever he wants. Ylmer was the one who takes care of the aviary, hence, it makes sense that he would be worried.

"Why are you even here," Ylmer inquired. His brother is always beside the master, acting like the butler while he is the guard.

"We were out patrolling," he answered.

Just then, something blue caught both their attention. It was steadily flying to them, and clearly, it would be no other than the missing falcon.

The bird landed on Ylmer's outstretched arm and stayed there cawing.

The latter then instantly checked for its well being and noticed the white handkerchief which was tied around its one leg. Yvan had spotted it as well and got curious.

Ylmer expertly unbound the knot and took it off from the bird. They thought that they would see a wound, but nothing was there. So both of them got puzzled as to why there was a handkerchief.

"Someone might have helped it," Yvan voiced out.

"Should we inform the master about this?"

Yvan looked at his brother with a blank expression.

"Ah... right."

Their master wouldn't bat an eyelid just from this piece of news alone. To him, it would only be insignificant and a waste of his precious time.

"What are you two doing?" a chilly voice said behind them.

Both Yvan and Ylmer's body became rigid upon recognizing who it was. Just from the dark chilly aura, they could feel, it was no other than their master. Even though both are exceptional assassins, the two of them still can't feel Lukas's presence, unless he would let himself known.