Chapter 117 - Founding Ball Pt. 9

"There she is," I uttered in delight and stared at the dazzling woman who caught everyone's attention.

Was it because she's late? That is also one of the reasons, yes. And it's all my fault.

I sent a carriage to pick her up, anonymously of course, and purposely told the coachman to delay the departure. If she did came here as early as everyone, my plan won't be aa effective and foolproof.

You see, I wanted her to stand out. So that she would gain all the attention of the people here, and that includes those three gorgeous people over there. She needs to catch their eyes!

It sucks because Lukas is still not around to witness the debut of this pretty woman.

Another reason is because she looked so darn beautiful. Her golden hair flows behind her like molten rays of sun.. Her small jaded face scoured a pair of forest green eyes that could charm a prince.

She looked like a forest nymph, period.

She's also wearing that infamous Elen designed dress. During this whole ball thingy, only two designs are offered. Those two were bidded by Rosamunde and the youngest daughter of the Shai family.

Mine is a special case because it's entirely dedicated only for me. Then what would happen if someone else comes barging in with a dress which is not included in the brochure? That would definitely create a buzz!

A never seen before woman, wearing an Elen design, is she also her muse now? Hohohoho~

It drove the noblewomen mad and were probably raging in their heads as to how did she got that dress and stuff. The intrigue of her blew up just as I expected.

And how does one determine if a dress came from Elen or not? It's the print. There's a pattern in the fabrics that are used which symbolizes Elen, so there's that.

So now, my real muse is here. How will it go?

Anyway, why do I keep stressing about these dresses, seriously? I feel so repetitive. Next time, let's not talk about these things, alright? They are painful to the ears.

"Who's that?"

"I never seen her before..."

"Look at what she's wearing..."

"It's Elen's!"

Those are the few comments that can be heard.

The music didn't stop, not as dramatic as how the movies portray it to be, but she got their attention fair and square.

"Do you know her Nads?" Eon whispered when he noticed that I was staring at the newcomer.

This newcomer, Estelle, was taken aback from the sheer pressure of being watched. She must have never considered that she would be the center of the people's attention, so she was just standing there near the dancefloor in uncertainty.

"Hmm? I don't," I lied through my teeth.

If I said yes, he would only ask how and when I met that woman.

"Then why do you look so happy looking at her?" He pressed on.

I met his eyes and grinned, "What? Don't you feel happy when you see a beautiful person?"

Eon blinked, "Beautiful?"

He then proceeded to check Estelle out, to my amusement, before looking back at me again.

"Is she?"

I mentally hit myself.

Seriously, what is wrong with this man? Other men are even looking at Estelle with clear interest in their eyes and he's out here questioning her beauty.