Chapter 167: Is It Fate? Or God is Playing? pt. 4

"Spying again? I thought it's not your hobby?" Someone declared out of the blue.

My whole being flinched from hearing it so close by, it even almost made me let out a shriek. I was so shocked that I felt like my soul left my body for a second. Who the hell would just pop out like a ghost? Are they trying to scare me off of my wits?

My head automatically turned to the side to see the owner of that overly familiar voice. I got a bad premonition of who it was already.

I mean, who in this vast green land calls me a stalker other than that one particular perverted person?

And sure enough, it was Lukas. I whirled around only to see his smug face appearing in my line of sight.

"Why are you here?" I couldn't help but ask, slightly curious as well.

Lukas cocked his head to the side, "What? Am I not allowed in the Capital?"

He leaned closer, too close for comfort. Can this man ever learn a thing about personal spaces?

"That's not what I meant! Why are you behind me?" I fired back.

"I'm not behind you," was his deadpanned reply.

"Ugh. Why must he be such a sarcastic bastard..." I muttered underneath my breath, face scrunching from annoyance.

Was he like this in the novel as well?

"I can hear you," Lukas countered.

Ignoring the absurd man, I glanced at Estelle again and found her talking to the owner of the fruit stand this time. She was also hugging a paper bag, probably filled with fruits she bought and had seemed so cheery.

Good. She still didn't leave.

My eyes then went back to Lukas again whom I caught staring down at me. It made me flinch when I met his sharp eyes that seemed to see right through me.

"W-What?" I squeaked out. I then cleared my throat– "Why are you always popping out everywhere?"

"I could say the same thing to you," he countered.

"Wha– For your information, you are always the one who just comes out of nowhere and disturbs my peace. I had never planned to run into you, ever!" I immediately responded which made me sound hella guilty and it pissed me off just as instant.

His purple eyes glinted in the light, obviously showing that he was about to say the darndest thing that will possibly rile me up. He likes provoking me after all.

"Hmm... But I seemed to remember seeing you in front of my manor though? Let's see, it was because you're returning something at that time..." He uttered, all the while acting as if he was deeply thinking about it.

Ah. That episode about the name tag... Now that I think of it, it was definitely unnecessary to return such a small insignificant thing as that... Well, to be honest, I came for another reason anyway.

"That was an exception. I didn't know you live there! I came to meet the von Brandt's, not you!" I replied, saving myself from disgrace.

"The von Brandt's you say..." He muttered before smirking– "I'm a von Brandt, you know."

I blinked upon hearing him say that.

"Huh? Aren't you an Agera?"

Wasn't he the Duke of Agera? So naturally, he should be Lukas Agera, right? Or at least, his surname should be Agera for him to inherit the title. Is he saying that he's also a von Brandt? Maybe, his mother's side?

Lukas didn't say anything and just smiled. If what he did is considered a smile at all. It's more like a leer... or something like that. You know, like a cat, but not a cat. He looked more like a snake in my eyes though...