Chapter 145 - I Think I Have A Heart Attack

Regina's dark eyes narrowed, "Tch. This is not what we agreed about!"

The plan was very simple. These men have to create an opportunity for her to mobilize her pawns. She lets her do what they want as long as they don't ruin the evening for her and yet they did. When she was just about to do something grand, that chaos outside happened.

"It was an unfortunate accident," Haagenti shrugged.

To be quite fair, the fight was unplanned. It wasn't on their agenda tonight that they would face someone and battle it out to death. Haagenti for sure didn't intend to lose two of his subjects and now even his right-hand man lost it, no pun intended.

Farren is ambidextrous so it was fine, but his dominant hand is his right and now it's gone. It's one of Haagenti's major setbacks.. Losing two competent subordinates, losing two of the working crystals, and earning a weakened butler.

If there is someone who should be kicking up a fuss, it should be him.

Regina's beautiful face contorted even more. Her smooth forehead creased, still making her look good though.

"Accident? What do you--" she then caught sight of the bleeding Farren, kneeling below Haagenti's feet. "He's bleeding!" She exclaimed as she saw the blood-soaked carpet-- "What really happened?"

Farren glanced at the queen who, even though she sounded concerned, there was no hint of it on her stone-like face. If this was some other women, they might have already been freaking out by the sight. But Regina wasn't just other women. This thing never truly bothered her in the slightest.

"We didn't expect to face a formidable opponent, your highness," Farren answered on his behalf.

One perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised, "You mean..."

"A man appeared and suddenly attacked us. The Crown Prince was also there and they stopped us from doing what we originally planned to do, your highness," he added.

It was quick and so out of the blue that they had no time to escape from there. Farren never really heard about such a man lurking around the palace before, if he did, the situation could have been avoided.

'Who even was that?'

"A man?" Regina repeated.

"Yes, a very powerful man," was Farren's answer.

The queen thought for a moment, racking her brains about all the men that the Emperor has at his own disposal that fits the criteria. There was Nathaniel, the captain of the royal guards, and is very famous for being a master swordsman at a young tender age. Could it be him?

The years she spent shutting herself up in her palace wasn't just for naught. Regina had steadily gathered allies and the likes. She also kept an eye and ears for whatever's relevant. Always keeping updated on the happenings within the palace, the capital, and so forth. She even listened to the rumors circulating in the social circle. All of that was just for the betterment of her scheme.

'There's also that one young duke that stirred a ruckus by defeating the barbarians as soon as he gained the title...'

There's a big possibility that it was also him because he had been visiting the Emperor a lot these past few days.

"Is that why you are injured?" She asked just out of habit. She really doesn't care about a servant like him.

Farren bowed ever so slightly, "Yes, your highness. I couldn't win against him much so if the magician participated as well."

"The magician? Lord Janus?" This time, her curiosity was piqued.

Sure, one of the reasons why she also decided to attend the Founding Ball was to meet the magician of the tower. Harboring such immense power that could destroy an empire if he wants to, it fascinated her.