Chapter 92 - Investigation Pt. 2

Lost had left the library, leaving me alone to my own devices. I was sifting through the bookshelves looking for books about spirits and stuff. There were a few which I had gladly plucked out, but the information written on them was not enough.

Still, I had learned quite a few things...

According to one book, Animas came directly from divinity. They are also called God's gifts. Aside from the spirit type, there were two more; namely the Blessing type and the Innate type.

It says that the Blessing type Animas is the rarest out of all the three, and does not exist as of now.

This is why there was not much information regarding it, which kind of a bummer. But can't help it, I guess.

The innate type however are present to those who have blessed genes.. In short, a descendant of a deity. They are what they called, the magic power from deep within. It runs in the people's blood, which helps them wield magic without any problems.

Apparently, there are also classifications. Powerful Animas have consciousness but they do not necessarily think for themselves. It's an innate ability, therefore, they are already present as soon as the wielder was born.

An example of the innate type Anima wielders is the people from the Royal Family. They have abilities running in their blood which separates them from the rest.

"So Ezekiel's light power is an innate type!"

If it is true that all innate abilities are from animas, then the Herman bloodline has one too? Was that the reason why men of Hermans have an affinity for swords? Why they are called swordmaster?

'Hmmm... So we do have anima but a weak one.'

"I wonder what do they mean about an Anima having consciousness though..."

Is it alive? If so, how would that work if their powers run in their blood?

"Then Lukas has one?" I mumbled.

According to the data I had written about him, he has power over black flames. They call him the devil and his fire, Infernal flames. He got that title when he wreaked havoc on the battlefield and burned all of his enemies alive.

Lukas can use magic too and if so, he would also be an innate type.

He sure is powerful though, more powerful than Ezekiel, I think...

So, how about Janus? Janus is the most powerful mage out here, does this also mean he has an Anima as well?

"Hmmm..."

I suddenly felt my head being split open. It's another migraine, as usual. So far, the frequency of my headaches has dwindled these past few years. Before, I would have migraines for like thrice a week, but it had gotten rarer now. I would have only twice a month, and sometimes nothing at all! Which is great!

Apparently, I have one today and it's a little intense.

"Ugh," I groaned out, cupping my head with my hands.

I really hate this when it happens...

"Erin? Erin?" I was trying to call her to know if she could hear me from the outside.

I have no strength to go up from my seat and look for her. If I did, I'll probably just fall over and hurt myself anyway.

I heard the door open before someone hurriedly stepped closer to where I was sitting.

"Milady? Does your head hurt again? I will bring the medicine right away!" She declared and flew out the room in record time.

Of course, I sat there and waited for her. I was also massaging my temples slowly just to ease the pain even for a little.