Chapter 1

Grace knocked on Special Agent Lawson's office door, the dark wood knock echoing throughout the room on the other side.
"Come in" A gruff voice called from the other side. Grace entered the office, shutting the door behind her.
"Special Agent Lawson? I'm Agent Grace Cameron" She smiled, stretching her hand out towards him.
"Hello. You're ambassador Cameron's daughter, my first posting was for her I believe you were away at Yale at the time" he remembered.
"Yes I was. That was a long time ago, I've been with the FBI for nearly six years now" she told him.
"Wow. That makes me feel old" he joked.
"You're not the only one" she smiled.
"Well, your desk is all ready for you. I can introduce you to the team" he moved to the door, letting her exit first before he followed her out and lead her to her new desk "We have a small group dedicated to footwork and a bigger group dedicated to doing the paperwork" he explained.
"Sounds busy"
"It is, but it's worth it at the end of the day" he nodded "This is Lilly Porter our resident genius" Lilly offered a small shy smile.
"You blink slower than the average person" she commented.
"You have autism. You avoid eye contact when I look directly at you but you noticed how fast I blink and your hands haven't stopped moving yet" Grace commented.
"I like her already" Lilly smiled before moving back to her desk.
"Hello gorgeous" another man smiled at her before raking his eyes over her.
"This is Lorenzo Javier. He talks to women this way" James gave her an apologetic look.
"Nice to meet you" Grace smiled taking his hand to shake it, she gripped firmly "Call me gorgeous again and you'll loose your hand" she warned with a smile before releasing his hand from her grasp.
"God she's got a good grip" He groaned.
"Really, Lorenzo leave her alone" A young girl dressed in dark gothic colours rolled her eyes at him "Nice to meet you, I'm Sadie Jones" she smiled, her black lips twitching upwards.
"Nice to meet you" Grace smiled, sensing a detachment from people within her.
"Don't let them frighten you off. Welcome to the team. I'm Marco Romano" an older man with an Italian accent smiled, shaking her hand.
"Thank you" Grace smiled.
"Boss, we've got a case" Sadie announced.
"Put it on the plasma" James ordered "What have we got Sadie?" James asked.
"A man in his late 30's was found dead in Las Vegas. His name is Max Jones. The FBI believe that he had ties to a casino down there. that is used as a front for money laundering" Sadie explained.
"Is there any evidence?" Grace asked.
"No. We don't even know who their laundering money for" Sadie explained.
"Then why do the FBI think they're a front?" Grace asked.
"The evidence their informant collected for them before he was shot in the head" Sadie told them "We've never been able to make any arrests as of yet, but someone upstairs thinks that we have a chance at finding some evidence" Sadie told them.
"Where's the crime scene evidence?" Marco asked.
"It should be here within the hour" Sadie told them.
"Until then I'll take Cameron to meet our resident M.E's" James told them.

"Hello?" James called into the seemingly empty basement.
"We're here, sorry quite a few people decided to murder someone today" An older woman smiled as she entered the room.
"That's alright, Diane Morris this is Grace Cameron our newbie" James introduced.
"It's a pleasure, I hope you have a strong stomach because the morgue isn't pretty" Diane smiled motioning to a sheet covered body.
"Dr Morris, this paperwork needs your signature" a younger man told her as he entered the room "Oh, hello. I'm Oliver Kingston" the man smiled, pushing his glasses further up his nose.
"I'm Grace Cameron" she smiled, shaking his hand. Diane handed him the paperwork back before he left, and she slipped on a pair of latex gloves.
"This young man had a single gunshot wound to the head; the casing that was found at the scene matches the bullet in his head. It's a 33mm" Diane told them.
"Did you find anything else?" Grace asked.
"Yes. He had some paint under his fingernails, it's the kind you can find on blackjack tables" Diane told them, handing James a small container with the dark wood paint in it.
"Why would someone have paint under their fingernails from a blackjack table?" James asked.
"I don't know but it's something you should look into" Diane told them.
"Fancy a plane ride to Las Vegas?" James asked.
"I would love one" Grace smiled.

Grace and James exited the elevator where Sadie and the rest of the team were waiting.
"What have you got?" James asked.
"Nothing much. Max Jones has a few arrests for assault and battery and theft, he has no family. As it turns out, Max Jones was working for us, and he got us some of the books on that casino proving that they didn't add up" Sadie told them. 
"We should fly out there tonight. Get feet on the ground" James told them. 
"I'm totally in for Las Vegas. Women, gambling, women" Lorenzo smirked. 
"Lorenzo stop playing around" Sadie rolled her eyes shoving him lightly. 
"Let's meet back here in an hour" James ordered.