Chapter 5

James entered the hotel room where the team were currently gathered with Lorenzo and Marco right behind him. 
"They're not going to flip on their boss" James announced "And until they do, we can't keep going after them or their boss" James sighed deeply. 
"We'll get him another way" Marco assured him. 
"Have a drink boss" Sadie smiled slightly as she offered him a glass. 
"You not drinking beautiful?" Lorenzo smirked at her. 
"I could drink you under the table" Grace shot back with a smile. 
"What's your drink of choice? Wine? Vodka?" he teased. 
"Irish whiskey" Grace smirked as his face dropped. 
"That'll teach you not to flirt with her" Sadie smirked at Lorenzo who just rolled his eyes at her. 

The next morning the team flew back home. James called the team into his office to tell them how good they had worked the past few days.  
"Hey" James called stopping Grace before she left his office completely as everyone else left his office "You did good these past few days" James smiled, the corners of his mouth twitching upwards.
"Thanks" Grace smiled slightly "Do me a favour? Give me the real run down of the team. Tell me about them" Grace ordered as she moved back further inside of his office, closing the door behind her.
"Sadie's smart but she doesn't trust people much, it takes her longer to form lasting relationships because she's picky about who she lets close to her because of what her parents did to her. Marco's a good man but he's lonely, the only time he didn't remember feeling that way was when he worked organized crime which is part of the reason why he came back. Lorenzo acts how he does so he can let loose but he's a family man and his grandmother is sick; he is secretly devoted to his family. And Lilly is autistic, she struggles with people but she's smart and very loving when she feels comfortable around you" he explained.
"What about you?"
"Me? I'm dedicated to the job and to my daughter"
"And to your wife" Grace motioned towards his ring.
"She died because of me" James told her as he twisted the band around his finger "Dying in this line of work is an occupational hazard, but not for her, she died because of my mistakes" James admitted sadly.
"You're a good father. You overly dedicate yourself because you see your team as an extension of your family. You work as much as you can because you feel responsible for everyone here. Even the agents you're less close to" Grace analysed.
"You're a good profiler. What have you been doing since you graduated Yale?" He asked feeling that she was hiding something.
"I've been an agent for the FBI for the past six years" She explained briefly.
"Not on any records I've seen"
"You're looking at the wrong records then" she shrugged heading towards the door.
"I have a feeling you're going to be the greatest case we have to solve"
"I don't know what you mean by that" she smirked at him before leaving the office, closing the door behind her, leaving James in his office wondering what she was hiding in her past and what was going to come in the future.

Grace entered her apartment, her rottweiler, Max came running to meet her.
"Hey Max, hey handsome" Grace smiled scratching at his fir. Grace threw her keys onto the table and hung up her coat before she moved into the living room with her bag. She sat on the couch with Max, next to her, taking the burner phone, she had just bought, she dialled the all too familiar number.
"Hey" Grace said.
"Hey" the man's voice replied.
"How are they?"
"They're good. They have a Lacrosse game coming up, are you going to be able to come?"
"I'm not sure, you know how it is"
"Grace...they ask about you. Everyday. They miss you"
"You know how dangerous it is for me to even be talking to you let alone sneaking into the crowds at their lacrosse games"
"I know Grace but-"
"I can't. I'll be at their game, just don't tell them anything about me anymore" she ordered.
"Okay. You have to know, they love you"
"I love them too. Kiss them for me will you?"
"Of course"
"Goodnight Sam"
"Goodnight Grace" he said before the pair of them hung up the phone. Grace held the phone over the edge of the table before she snapped it in half.