Chapter 50

Grace rinsed off her hands and dried them on a towel before she leant on the sink counter, looking at herself in the mirror. 
"Hey" James called into the bathroom before he appeared around the corner offering Grace a small but awkward smile. 
"Hey" she slightly smiled back turning around to lean on the counter so that she could face him. 
"It was pretty rough out there" James commented. 
"I'm sorry you had to listen to that. I know that we kind of finished on bad terms-" 
"No, you have nothing to be sorry for. You wanted to protect me, and the team and I respect that. But you don't have to keep running Gracie. I think now I understand what was going on between the two of you-" Grace turned her back to him, meeting his eye through the reflection in the mirror. 
"It was my job to get close to him, and I know that I crossed a line but, most days he was so sweet. If only he hadn't been a weapons dealer" Grace turned to face him, leaning back against the edge of the sink "I used to think that maybe we could've made it work. I imagined the four of us being a perfect family and we were truly happy" she told him before she turned back to face the mirror "It was all an illusion, a daydream, a fantasy" she shrugged sadly. 
"I want you to know something before you go out there" he told her, moving behind her, he took her hips in his hands "I love you, Gracie. After Molly died, I thought that I was going to be all alone, and then you walked into my life and changed everything. I love you and I want you" he admitted quickly turning her in his arms, much to her surprise. James brought their lips together quickly, pressing his hips against hers as he held her tightly surrounding her senses with him and only him. He finally released her lips from his letting them both catch their breaths, but he didn't move out of her arms, he wasn't ready to do that yet and something told him that neither was she. Words weren't needed between them. So, when Grace met his eye, he knew exactly what she wanted, and he would gladly give her anything she wanted especially if it was this. When James pulled away again this time he moved out of her arms, switching on the tap before he wiped away her lipstick from his lips before he switched it off and made an attempt to leave but Grace caught the sleeve of his jacket. 
"Whatever... feelings may come up in there, whatever Cormac and I had, isn't made for this universe, maybe a parallel one but not this one. In this universe, you are everything I want, everything I need" Grace pulled him closer, sliding in-between him and the counter before she pulled his hips against hers and moved her lips over his ear "When I cum, you're the only one I think about. You're the only one that can make me scream, he doesn't even come close to you. You're the one that leaves me aching and dripping with just the feel of you hand on my lower back or the whisper of your voice" she told him, feeling him grow against her stomach. 
"Boss, were ready!" Lorenzo called into the bathroom. 
"Coming!" Grace called back quickly moving out of James arms before he could stop her. 

Grace retook her seat at the table with Cormac watching her all the way as she moved across the room. 
"How long have you been fucking him?" Cormac asked. 
"What do you mean?"
"You keep looking at him over my shoulder. You've been fucking your boss. How long?" he asked sensing her tense up "Or does your team not know? You were sleeping with him when I came back to get you. How long?" 
"A few weeks before you came for me" she admitted "You knew?" 
"I was watching all of you, you didn't think that I would know. And judging by the smudged lipstick I would guess it's still going on" he smirked as Grace rubbed at her mouth slightly. 
"It's not. I'm living in Paris, I only came back for Liam and Connor" she told him. 
"Did she scream when she came?" Cormac turned to James "She always did with me" he smirked "Did she ever beg you to stop? Or drop to her knees?-"
"Enough Cor. You've proved your point" Grace bit. 
"Did she let you be on top?" James shot back. 
"Once" Cormac smirked back. 
"That doesn't count" Grace bit. 
"Why not?" he asked but Grace stayed silent "Don't want the big old boss to know?" he smirked. 
"You've proven you point" Grace bit. 
"Have I? And what point would that be?"
"That you'll always own me and that I'll never escape my past" 
"You kept my ring for a reason. You know you'll always be my girl" 
"I'd rather drop to my knees for a homeless man than to fuck you again" Grace shot back earning a laugh from him. 
"What were you going to say before you ran off to the bathroom?" he asked but she stayed silent "That's all the proof I need" he smirked. 
"All that proves is that I need my head checked" she shot taking a sip of her wine. 
"Dance with me" Cormac ordered standing up he moved around the table, holding his hand out to her. Grace reluctantly took it and allowed herself to be pulled up onto her feet and into Cormac's arms. As the song began filtering through the loudspeakers Grace let out a loud giggle. 
"You asshole" Grace laughed, shoving Cormac's chest playfully. 
"I love this song" Cormac smiled widely, pulling Grace back into his arms. The two of them swayed in time with the music, holding each other close. Eventually Cormac had pulled her close enough for Grace to lie her head on his shoulder, breathing in the cologne he must have had the prison guard bring him along with the suit, whilst he breathed in her lavender shampoo. 
James watched from the side-lines as Grace and Cormac danced closely in each other's arms, his blood boiling as he watched the pair, his only comfort being the kiss they shared in the bathroom. 'Whatever feelings come up in there, you are the only one I want.'  That's what she had told him. She was his and they loved each other. But she loved Cormac once, a long time ago, but she did love him, did she still love him?
At that moment, Grace's eyes landed on his, and James knew that no matter how much time passed, no matter how much they changed, no matter whose arms they were in, James would always love Grace. And in that moment Grace was sure that once she did love Cormac, but James was the love of her life and no one else would ever come close. 
As the song came to an end Grace pulled out of Cormac's arms, putting some distance between them. 
"Will you tell me now who took Liam and Connor? Please" Grace asked. Cormac nodded pulling her by her hand he retook his seat before he gently pulled Grace onto his lap, her arms instantly wrapping themselves around his neck.
"Protect them. Don't leave them with other people. Raise them to be like you-"
"Deceptive?" she joked with a smile. 
"Good. Be their mother, you were always supposed to be. Promise me, please" he begged his fingers gently stroking her knee slightly. 
"I promise" She nodded earning a nod of Cormac's head before he began. 
"His mother, she tried to kill herself when she was pregnant with Liam. So, I... held her until she gave birth-"
"You locked her up!? You forced her to bare your children!?" Grace yelled slightly in shock. 
"What was I supposed to do!?" he yelled back slightly. 
"I don't know, maybe get her help instead of forcing her to have you child!" Grace yelled sarcastically. 
"We've established that I'm a criminal and that you're a better person than me-"
"An understatement" Grace scoffed. 
"Her name is Maeve Connors; she has her own associates and money. She might have other identities too, but I don't know any of them" he told her. 
"I'll find them, I won't let anyone else get to them" Grace assured him. Cormac smiled at her before he gently rubbed his knuckle against her cheekbone before he moved his lips close to her ear whispering to her so that the others couldn't hear. 
"Okay?"
"Okay" Grace smiled before Cormac leant in a placed a gentle kiss to her cheek. Grace rose from his lap before he stood, and James approached him with a pair of handcuffs. 
"You're a good mother, better than Maeve could ever be" Cormac told her. 
"You're not completely bad. A terrorist with a soft spot" Grace smiled. 
"Only for you and my boys. I love you Grace, always will" he told her earning a slight blush, but she remained silent as James began to take Cormac away Grace grabbed his wrist quickly stopping them from going. 
"I loved you too" Grace admitted "A long time ago and maybe in a parallel universe it could've worked out in the end" she told him. 
"No, it wouldn't have. You were meant to be his, you always were. You look at him in a way you never looked at me. I release you. Marry him and be a family. Be a better parent to Liam and Conner than Maeve and I could ever be" Cormac placed one final kiss to her cheek before he let James lead him away into the arms of the prison officers. 
"Are you okay?" James asked Grace, his hand lightly touching her elbow. 
"Yeah actually. We got closure. For three years I thought that I would always be left with these unanswered questions and... feelings, but now I'm certain that everything is over and done with. I got closure" Grace smiled lightly. 
"When were the two of you together?" Lorenzo asked. 
"What I want to know is were they really kissing in the bathroom earlier?" Aneesa added to the teasing. 
"I promise I will tell you guys everything later but first let's find my boys" Grace ordered marching off towards Sadie's office with everyone following behind after her.