Chapter 43

"What are you doing this? Why are you keeping me alive?" Grace asked as he buttoned up her shirt.
"The FBI grabbed Tony. Her people. It won't be long until he's squealing and they're banging on our door" Paddy told him "Do what you have to do so we can get out of here" Paddy told him, holding out a gun for him to take. Cormac rose to his feet, taking a step towards Paddy.
"I know what you want" Grace said, trying to keep her voice normal but it came out as pleading.
"Do you really?" Cormac asked, looking down at her.
"You want Caitlin Brooks. I can be her. We can erase the past, it can be just us again" She pleaded.
"You think that'll save you?" He asked, looking down at her as her eyes filled with tears.
"No, I don't. I've been a dead woman walking from the moment I accepted the job. I'm tired of pretending. Of being afraid. We were happy once, we can do that again, that part was easy" Grace tried to convince him.
"We don't have time for this" Paddy cut in.
"We'll make time" Cormac said commandingly, keeping his eyes on Grace.
"What about Tony?" Paddy asked.
"I'll take care of him" Cormac assured him "He still smokes right?" He asked earning a nod from Paddy "Looks like you'll get a break. For now" Cormac placed his hand on her cheek, running his thumb along her cheekbone gently.

"November 2020. Agent Cameron is the finest agent I've ever worked with. Her skills at analysing and predicting terrorist behavior is unparalleled. Signed, name redacted" James read out from the file "You used all the right buzzwords, you sold her to us. You made us hear everything that we needed to" James told him.
"I told the truth. Grace is a good agent" Simon told him.
"You betrayed her-"
"Never. We don't always see eye to eye but Grace deserves my respect-"
"You know what she was asked to do. Did you know she was molested as a child?" James asked, seeing Simon twinge in shock "From age 8 to 12. Every night. Then you sent her in there, and asked her to sleep with him" James bit.
"I don't know the full story. I'm not the one she talked to, that was always Clara but now she's dead at his hands" Simon told him.
"If you cooperate and we save agent Cameron then maybe we can make a deal. But if anything happens to her I will destroy you, you can count on that" James threatened.
"She said you were the best" Simon smirked "I'm yet to be impressed"
"We'll get Reilly with or without you" James told him.
"You won't get him. You'll be lucky to find out where he is, let alone get close enough to him" Simon smirked.
"You underestimate me and my team. You'll be surprised what were capable of" James told him, turning to the door to leave.
"You'll be surprised what Grace is capable of" Simon warned him as he left the room.

"Why were you calling Simon Clover so much, Tony?" Marco asked.
"Anybody got a smoke?" He asked.
"You don't get to smoke until you talk" Marco told him.
"Why would Tony here, be calling him so much?" Lorenzo asked Marco "Are the two of them together?" Lorenzo asked Marco.
"No! Tony doesn't swing that way" He yelled "Look alright, Clover was going to pay my medical bills. This ear isn't going to grow back"
"What happened to it?" Lorenzo asked.
"This bitch teammate of his shot it. She said it was a warning" he told them, earning looks of surprise from them "She thought that she could take on this IRA guy, O'Reilly-" Tony jumped in surprise as Marco grabbed his half shot ear.
"Where is Grace?" Marco asked sternly. 
"Who!? I don't know who your talking about!" Tony whimpered in pain.
"Caitlin Brooks. Where is she?" Lorenzo asked.
"Oh. A friend of yours is she?" Tony laughed.
"Listen, you tell us where she is right now or I'll send you to a prison that'll teach you what playtime means. Now, where is Grace?" Marco asked again.
"And by the time you do she'll be in pieces. So...my price just went up" he smirked.
"If she dies because of you, I'll kill you myself. That's a promise" Marco bit before he left the interrogation room.

"$200,000" Aneesa sighed deeply.
"What other leverage do we have?" James asked.
"He's having a nicotine fit. We wouldn't let him smoke" Marco told them as they watched the man shaking and chewing on his nails.
"We could use that. He'd relax and maybe open up his big mouth" Lorenzo suggested.
"Will that be enough?" James asked.
"I think it may be" Marco agreed.

Grace watched as Cormac pulled up a chair in front of her and sat in it.
"I saw you die, at least I thought that I did. We drove past the burning car. I wanted to know what happened to you but they didn't tell me until they had brought me over to Russia" he told her.
"I didn't know they were coming for me that day" she admitted "I didn't want it to end like that" she admitted sadly.
"So how did you want it to end?" He asked.
"Sometimes I thought about just leaving with you when you asked. Other times I thought about telling you everything so that you could end it. I never wanted to hurt you" she admitted "Please, untie me"
"Why would I do that?" He laughed, moving to stand behind her.
"I can't make you happy in handcuffs" Cormac ran his hand around her neck, trailing his hand down her slightly open shirt.
"Oh, I know you can. And your very skillful at it to" he smirked "You can't trick me anymore" he told her, moving to kneel by her side, he ran his hands up her thighs "No matter how much I want to" he smirked, as his hand moved up her body coming to rest on her cheek "If I'm going to suffer, so will you. This won't be the first time you killed an innocent, but it will be the first time you have to watch" Cormac threatened "Paddy!" He yelled.

"So, just out of curiosity what is it like working for Cormac?" Lorenzo asked.
"He's not so tough. Especially not when it comes to that friend of yours" Tony smirked as he took a puff of his cigarette.
"What do you know?" Marco asked as Tony finally stopped pacing.
"I know some" he shrugged "Caitlin or whatever you want to call her, she's dangerous. But, when she's with Cormac. They're a dangerous combination" Tony told them.
"How so?" Marco asked earning a wild smirk from Tony.
"Well-" Tony fell silent as two shots rang out, hitting Tony in his chest. Lorenzo and Marco ducked for cover as Tony's lifeless body fell to the floor.

"Have you got him?" Paddy said over the walkie.
"Yes. Which one is the target?" The sniper asked.
"No! This is about you and me. They're innocent!" Grace yelled at Cormac.
"Then why is your team here?" He asked.
"Cor. Please. Whatever you want to do to me, I accept it. But leave them out of it" Grace begged.
"I'm not the one that brought them into this, am I?" He bit back "What do you think?" Cormac asked Paddy but Grace answered quickly.
"Shoot Tony. If he dies then my team have nothing" Grace ordered.
"That's my bad girl" Cormac smiled behind her, kissing the top of her head as they watched it all play out.

"Aneesa, you have the freshest eyes, you haven't really worked with Grace like we have. Tell me what's been bugging you about this case from the start?" Marco asked her quickly.
"I don't know"
"What about the affair? How does the two of them sleeping together change the profile?" Marco asked her.
"It doesn't" Lorenzo cut in.
"Why families?" Sadie asked.
"Grace is Reilly's stressor, he wants revenge on the woman that betrayed him" Aneesa added.
"But why did he kill Michael Jones?" Lilly added.
"He's angry at Grace because he took away his child" James suggested.
"Elliot Davenport made some big purchases before he died. He sold the list out to Cormac too" Sadie told them.
"The plot thickens" Marco sighed deeply.