Chapter 16

"We've got a serial killer" James announced as he entered the conference room "We found his burial ground, with bodies dating back 20 years" he told them as skeletons and other half decomposed bodies flashes across the tv screen.
"Do we know how they died?" Grace asked.
"One stab wound to the heart, they were raped after death" James told them.
"No defensive wounds" Lilly commented.
"Correct. It's strange, perhaps the victims knew their killer" James suggested.
"Even so, someone had to have fought back" Marco added.
"No one is that good" Lorenzo agreed.
"We can debrief properly on the plane but I think it's safe to say we're looking for a man in his late thirties to early forties" James told them, earning nods from everyone "Let's meet on the airstrip in an hour" James ordered.

Grace headed up the steps of the plane, seeing James sat alone at one of the tables.
"Hey boss" Grace smiled, slipping into the seat next to him.
"Hey" he smiled back, watching as her hips swayed with each step she took.
"Do you do that all day?"
"Do what?"
"Stare at my body. Because if you do someone will figure us out" she teased lightly, her hand going to his thigh.
"No one is here, which is also why your hand is wandering" he teased back, pulling her hand into his.
"No one is here" she teased back, leaning towards him on the armrest between them.
"This is fraternization" he teased with a smirk.
"You love fraternization, don't act like you don't" she teased, leaning even closer towards him, waiting for him to make a move.
"I think" James began, his hand going to her knee before it began moving higher "That you should just kiss me" he met her eyes as his hand came between her legs, gently moving up and down along the seam of her pants.
"Make it worth my while" she teased, sucking her bottom lip between her teeth.
"I spoke to Abi" he told her, making her tense up "She's all for us. She loves you. And she said that whenever we want a sleepover, she'll make herself scarce" he smirked against the shell of her ear.
"Definitely, worth my while" Grace smirked, pulling his lips towards hers, kissing him earnestly before the sound of Marco, Diane, Lorenzo, Oliver, Sadie and Lilly outside pulled them apart quickly.
"Hey boss man" Sadie smiled brightly through her black lipstick as she boarded the plane followed by the others.
"Morning Sadie" James's eyes remained on the file in his hands, pretending as if he had been reading it the whole time.
"Game of chess?" Lilly suggested to Grace with a small shy smile as she slid into the chair next to Sadie, opposite Grace.
"I would love to" Grace smiled, watching as Lilly's hands moved across the board setting up the pieces.
"This time I'm sure that I'll win" Lilly said adamantly.
"Good luck" James laughed lightly, watching as Grace lifted the armrest between them so that she could play better. As the game progressed, so did James's wandering hands. At first he rested his hand on her knee, his thumb drawing lazy circles, but the more games they played the higher his hand travelled. Grace kept her face blank as she checkmated Lilly once again and James's hand slipped between her legs.
"How do you keep beating me!?" Lilly let out loudly in frustration.
"Maybe I've got a helping hand" Grace teased her, knowing James was listening "Maybe it's all the private school teaching I got" Grace shrugged.
"Please buckle up as we begin our final descent" the pilot said over the intercom. Grace expected James's hand to pull away but instead Grace watched as he buckled up one handed, his other pinky grazing down the front seam of her pants more firmly.
"Welcome to Montana" James said, breaking Grace out of her trance as his hand finally moved away.

Diane and Oliver moved along the rows of bodies, 40 bodies in total, each in varying degrees of decomposition.
"The freshest girl, and I use that term lightly, is about 20, she has most of her skin which has revealed a needle mark" Diane explained.
"Which explains why they didn't fight" Marco added.
"Do we know what the substance was?" Lilly asked as she looked over the body in her pastel pink outfit.
"No, the body is too far gone to know what it was" Diane frowned slightly.
"We would need a fresher body" Oliver told them, earning strange looks from everyone "Which is an awful thing of course" he said quickly.
"Thank you" James nodded to Diane.
"So what do we do now?" Lorenzo asked.
"We see what Sadie has collected" James told him.

"Sadie, what have you found for us?" James asked as the team entered the field office.
"The women were found in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming"
"Roughly 13 bodies per state" Lilly added.
"Each victim was a woman 20 or older, blonde. The scary part being that they all look pretty similar, at least the ones we've identified so far" Sadie explained showing them the most recent 18 victims.
"Each vic was reported missing" Marco noticed.
"Yes. These were women that people missed and who people noticed they were missing" Sadie told them.
"It appears that he's killed 2 per year for about 20 years" Diane added.
"So far, none have been found this year but his burial sites were. One was set to be a new housing site, another was a hiking trail and the other was a building site set to be demolished" Sadie explained "The hiking trail appears to hold the majority of his victims" Sadie explained.
"If he liked the hiking trail, why go to two other states to bury the others?" Grace asked.
"Living in Montana would be fair to assume" Marco added.
"But what's his connection to the other states?" Lorenzo asked.
"Almost caught? Or maybe he has a wife or mother watching over him?" Grace suggested.
"If so, he has a deep hatred for either or possibly both of them" James suggested.
"The victims all have a distinct look, it has to be one or the other that he hates" Marco added.
"Agents, an envelope was sent for you" another agent handed James the letter before he left.
"Who's it from?" Grace asked as James opened it and read it quickly.
"The killer"