Chapter 15

Grace blinked away the sleep from her eyes before her eyes fell onto James who was standing in the doorway with two mugs in each hand. 
"Good morning" James smiled. 
"How did I miss those abs last night?" Grace joked as James took a seat on the edge of the bed next to her. Grace sat up against the headboard not caring as the bedsheet fell away from her chest, she took the mug from him and sipped on the hot coffee. 
"How did you sleep?" he asked as he pulled the sheet up to cover her chest for her. 
"Pretty good. Your very comfy" she smiled. 
"I'm glad" James smiled "About work today, we should act-"
"As if we didn't just fuck. Gotch ya" She smiled cheekily. 
"What do you want to do about... us?" James asked awkwardly. Grace placed her mug on the side table before she sat back against the headboard and ran her hand up James's arm. 
"I think that we should just see where this goes. I like talking to you, and I love fucking you" she smiled earning a laugh from him "But this is obviously an issue when we're working together so, for now, let's just-"
"See what happens" he smiled. 
"See what happens" Grace repeated with a smile before she leant in to kiss James when the front door to James's apartment opened. 
"Hey dad? Are you here?" Abigail called. 
"He's probably sleeping dear, I'll check, you go and get your gym kit" Joanne told her. 
"Quick hide!" James ordered, reaching for his pants whilst Grace ran into the en-suite bathroom, closing the door quickly behind her. 
"James, Honey" His mother smiled appearing in his bedroom doorway. 
"Hey mom, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to take Abi straight to school?" James asked, trying to act normal. 
"She forgot her gym kit. Haven't you got work?" Joanne asked, noticing the two steaming mugs on the bedside table. 
"Yes, and I should be getting changed if you don't mind" he smiled motioning towards the door. 
"Right, I better get Abi off to school. I'll call you later" Joanne smiled, placing a kiss to her son's cheek before she left the room closing the bedroom door behind her. James didn't move as he listened for the sound of the front door closing behind them before he opened the door to the bathroom, seeing Grace glaring back at him. 
"Seriously?" she glared at him. 
"I'm sorry I panicked" James apologized. 
"You panicked. I know I said I wanted to see where this goes but come on! I know Abi and she likes me" Grace shot. 
"I know. It's just that I haven't spoken to her about me dating after her mom" James admitted "And I don't want her too not be ready when I am" James admitted "And I didn't want your first meeting with my mother to be when your naked"  
"Promise me, you'll talk to them both before we take anything further" She pleaded. 
"I promise" He smiled, kissing the top of her head before he moved onto her lips, he reached for the blanket covering her body pulling it away, letting it drop to the floor when his phone rang out "Fuck" James groaned against her lips. 
"Don't answer it" Grace pleaded, reaching for the waistband of his boxers. 
"It's probably work" he groaned. 
"That's exactly why you shouldn't answer" Grace smirked as her hand slipped inside. 
"I'm never late" He groaned as she gripped him. 
"Be late" Grace smirked, pulling him into the bathroom before she closed the door behind them. 

"Sammy Davis. How have you been since we last met?" Grace smiled. 
"Just waiting for you to come back to me gorgeous" He smirked before Grace shoved the table into his stomach. She rounded the table, sitting on top of it next to him. 
"How about you tell us the truth this time because let's just face it, the whole asshole act is just a cover for what you real do. So, you might as well confess" She smiled at him.
"Okay. I'll confess" he sighed as deeply as his could with his sudden stomach pain "I thought about you the other night, big Sammy liked it" Sammy smirked. 
"You're the hitman for sugar daddy" James said, trying his best not to lose his temper with him.
"39 crime scenes. Your face in the crowd of every single one. We also know that Tommy Franks runs the business for Sugar Daddy. We're getting a warrant to search your house, phone records, bank accounts" Grace explained. 
"We're willing to make a deal if you flip for Franks" James offered. 
"One time offer sweetie. Take it or rot in prison" Grace smiled at him.
"I talk, I die" Sammy bit back. 
"We've been hearing that a lot lately" James sighed. 
"So, you have nothing to live for" Grace suggested to him. 
"And nothing to gain" Sammy shot, folding his arms over his chest "I want a lawyer"

"We found Tommy Franks" Sadie smiled widely "Well, I found him and Lor offered snacks and fluids" Sadie smiled through her dark lipstick "I mean drinks. Anyway, Lorenzo and Marco are bringing him in they should be back soon" Sadie told them. 
"Thank you, Sadie" James squeezed her shoulder before he left her office. 
"Good work" Grace whispered to her, kissing her cheek before she headed out of the office catching up to James as he waited by the elevator. 
"Abi is staying at a friend's house tonight" James told her. 
"Sounds like you're going to be lonely tonight" Grace smirked. 
"We could have drinks after work tonight" he suggested, taking his eyes of the elevator and meeting hers "I won't be so lonely then" his voice sent a thrill through Grace's spine to where she desperately wanted him the most. 
"Beer and pizza?" she suggested, the slight hilt in her voice giving away how badly she wanted him. 
"I was thinking beer and..." James dropped his voice to a low and sultry tone as he moved closer to her ear "You" He moved away just as the elevator doors pinged open revealing Lorenzo, Marco and Tommy "Nice to meet you Tommy Franks" James smirked at him as if he hadn't put wicked thoughts into her mind just seconds ago "You coming Cameron?" James asked bringing her out of her trance. Marco and Lorenzo were already gone, and James was halfway done the corridor with a wide smirk on her face. 
"I will be tonight" Grace muttered to herself before she followed after him. 

"Tommy Franks. Word of the street is that your sugar daddy's right hand" James began. 
"Am I supposed to know who that is?" He smirked watching as Grace paced behind James. 
"You run his drug ring, prostitution ring and his sex trafficking ring" James reminded him. 
"Anyone tell you you've got a sweet body" Tommy smirked up at Grace. 
"Yeah, your daddy" Grace shot back before she moved to lean on the table "All we need from you is a name, or else you're going down for all of it" Grace told him. 
"I want a deal. Full immunity and I want witness protection" he smirked. 
"Make it worth our while" James ordered. 

"We've got him" James announced. 
"Robert Peters, also known as Sugar daddy" Grace smiled widely. 
"Locating him now" Sadie announced as she began typing on her computer. 

Robert Peters sat in the interrogation room facing the two-way glass when James and Grace entered the room.
"Nice to meet you Mr Peters" James began as he took a seat opposite him "We have all the evidence we need to put you away. We have witness and statements. This case is closed" James told him.
"So, what do you need from me?" he smiled.
"A confession, if you want to give one. Of course, we don't need it" James told him.
"I'm not the head of the snake" he told them "You can keep on climbing, but you'll never reach the top" he warned them "That's all I've got to say. I want a lawyer" he told them. 

"He wouldn't confess but we've got him dead to rights" James announced to them all as he and Grace entered the conference room "Good work everyone. Get home and relax" he ordered, sending everyone out except for Grace "You still in for dinner?" James asked her. 
"I thought it was more like beer and... me" Grace smirked at him. 
"Have you been thinking about that since I said it?" James smirked this time as Grace blushed slightly. Grace stepped towards him, bringing her mouth close to his ear. 
"You act so buttoned up boss, but I know just how dirty you can be" Grace smirked against the shell of her ear before she stepped away from him "Your place or mine?" Grace asked as she collected her paperwork from the conference room table. James remained silent until Grace met his eye again. 
"Mine" he let out gruffly before he stepped into Graces's space "I want to fuck you in my bed. I want to hear your moans bounce off the walls before you come undone above me" he whispered against the shell of her ear before he stepped away with a smirk "You coming Cameron?" James smirked. 
"Yes please" Grace sighed contentedly as she followed after him.