Chapter 85

Sadie and Lorenzo sat in the yard the barbeque sizzling next to them.
"I'm sorry our day was ruined" Lorenzo frowned slightly.
"It hasn't been ruined. I would rather sit in your yard with you and our family than in some park without internet access" she admitted making him laugh lightly.
"Still, my grandmother is getting worse and it's just going to hurt" he frowned.
"Hey, look at me" Sadie turned in his arms, placing both hands on the side of his head, making him look at her "I love you. This ring means that I'm in this, in sickness and in health"
"That was about me not my grandmother" he smiled, earning a shrug in response.
"It means the same thing" she smiled earning one back from him.
"I love you, Sadie" he smiled.
"I know you do" she smiled, making him laugh before she connected their lips "I love you too"

Diane sat across from Marco, a glass of wine in both their hands as they drank and talked.
"You think they'll work it out?" Diane asked him.
"Grace is tough and James, he's loyal. A man in love and that is never to be trifled with" he told her.
"Is that so?" Diane chuckled into her wine glass.
"Yes it is. When you were kidnapped I was like a man possessed" he laughed lightly out of embarrassment. Silence fell upon the room, bringing Marco's eyes to her which were wide with shock.
"You...were worried?" Diane asked, not knowing how to answer.
"I was" he nodded, avoiding her eyes "You mean a lot to me" he admitted awkwardly, finally meeting her eyes.
"After all these years of friendship and talking about bad dates and now you say you..." Diane trailed off as she struggled to find the right words. She looked away from him, staring at a random spot on the ground "I care about you too" she admitted with a sigh "I don't know when. It just happened" she shrugged.
"Somewhere between the nights we stayed up talking and the days where we relied on each other rather than anyone else" he agreed.
"So" she let out as a sigh "What now?"
"I don't know" silence fell between them once again. Diane reached towards the hand that rested on the back of the couch and placed hers on top of it.
"Telling each other, that's a pretty good place to start" Diane assured him, squeezing his hand lightly.

Lilly sat on her couch next to Oliver as the television played star trek. 
"You think..."
"Ask me" Oliver assured her with a smile as he took some more popcorn from the bowl she was holding. 
"Do you think that Grace is going to stay now?"
"I think she's been hurt badly in the past and she has always gotten back up and came back to us. She loves James and us. I think that love is going to ensure that she never leaves, no matter how much her head tells her to run" he assured her. Lilly nodded and laid her head on his shoulder, they sat in silence for a moment before she spoke again. 
"What her dad did...my uncle did the same thing. I was suppose to be able to trust him. My parents died in a car crash, I was in the backseat. I was unconscious so I didn't wake up until I was in the hospital. My parents were in the I.C.U so I got to hug them both one last time before they coded. I think that's why I don't like to be touched. My last memories of my parents were when I hugged them and my uncle...I understand why Grace wants to run. But I also understand the love she feels for this team, because were not a team, were a family. A family by choice is better than a family by blood, in my case anyway" she told him. 
"I like this family too. It's pretty great" he smiled against the top of her head. 
"I'm glad your my friend Ollie" she smiled. 
"I'm glad too" he smiled "Who else am I going to look at guys with" he teased. 
"Who else is going to act like I've been a girl since birth and act like it doesn't bother them or that it isn't weird" 
"It's easy, because it doesn't bother me. You've always been a girl to me. I can pretend Lucas never was because Lilly has always been my friend. Its not weird because your, you. You were always meant to be Lilly and I love you completly for being who you are" he assured her. 
"Me too" she smiled widely, popping more popcorn into her mouth. 
"The others won't care that you changed gender, you know? They'll always love you Lilly"
"I know. Telling people is just...hard and awkward" she sighed. 
"Yeah, but they won't care. They love you just as much as I love you" he assured her. 
"I know" she sighed "No more talking now" Lilly ordered, stuffing popcorn into his mouth. 

Aneesa sat down on her couch with a deep sigh before her husband pulled her feet into his lap, slipping off her shoes she began massaging her feet. 
"How many stories did they trick you into reading?"
"Four" she sighed. 
"They've missed you" 
"Yeah, but staying in a mansion was pretty awesome" she smiled opening her eyes slightly to see him smiling back at her. 
"How is Grace? It must have been a rough couple of days for her" 
"She's handling it pretty well all things considered. The boss is good for her, I just hope she sticks around this time" 
"You think she's pretty cool, don't you?" he smiled. 
"She is a badass who has enough trauma to make thirty people kill themselves. I admire how she's still standing after everything she's been through" she told him. 
"I'm glad you like it over there. I get to have you close rather than on the other side of the world" he put down Aneesa's foot and laid on top of her, their arms wrapping around each other. 
"I like it too" she sighed against the top of his head. Just as they both close their eyes they heard their three year old crying over the baby monitor. 
"I'll get him" Mo sighed as he stood up, placing a kiss to his wife's head before he headed upstairs to their youngest.