Chapter 7

Grace and Lorenzo walked along the streets of Harlem.
"So, why did you join us?" He asked.
"I've worked with the FBI for nearly five years now, I've gotten good at profiling. I have degrees in criminal justice and sociology. Organized crime seemed like a good next step for me"
"What have you been doing for the FBI to get good at profiling?"
"What's will all the questions?" She smiled.
"Just getting to know you" he shrugged.
"What did you do before you joined the FBI?"
"I was in the army, a sniper, it comes in handy for some cases"
"The only other sniper I know is a real asshole" she smiled.
"So am I" he joked with a smile.
"Hey Lorenzo" A young woman smiled.
"Hey beautiful. How've you been?" He flashed her a cheeky smile before he pulled her into a hug.
"Feeling better now I've seen you" she smirked.
"This is my partner, agent Grace Cameron" Lorenzo introduced her.
"Hey" Grace smiled.
"Tell me baby, how did you know Simone?" Lorenzo asked her.
"She used to turn tricks with me. One day she just stopped coming, I saw her around, but she was wearing all expensive stuff. I guess she got a better gig" she told them.
"Thanks Candy. Keep your eyes open for me, will you?"
"Of course, sugar" she smiled, winking at him before she left.
"How do you know her?" Grace asked.
"Candy keeps her eyes open for us, she's helped us on a few cases before" he told her "I have a few others we can talk to, let's get going" he told her, heading back up the street back to their car.

"What have you got?" James asked as Grace and Lorenzo entered the bullpen.
"The few ladies we talked to confirmed that Simone worked as a prostitute before she disappeared for a few days and reappeared in expensive clothes" Lorenzo explained.
"No one knew who she was working for, but it was obviously drugs, no one makes that much cash, that quickly" Grace told him.
"Without any names or leads we don't have anyone to arrest, and this case goes nowhere. We need to find someone who will talk" James told them.
"Let's go over the crime scene evidence again, there must be something left behind, everyone makes mistakes" Grace suggested.
"Let's do it. Lilly, get all the evidence in the conference room" James ordered.
"From the recent crime scene?" Lilly asked.
"All 38 of them" James ordered.
"That's a lot of boxes" Lilly sighed, her shoulders sagging.
"Somewhere in here is something that will help us, we just need to find it" James told them "Marco and Alisha take the early cases, Grace and I will take the later ones, Lorenzo and Lilly organize the information into age, race, anything you think is important" he ordered.
The team worked for hours, looking over every file they had including the crime scene photos and every piece of evidence.
"Single people, who struggled for money but suddenly had plenty to spare after a few months" Lilly told them.
"Their young 20s-30s" Marco added.
"In all the pictures of the crowd there's the same guy, look" Grace pointed out.
"How did we miss that?" James asked.
"He tried to change his appearance but he's there if you look close enough" Grace told him.
"Someone has to know him, Lorenzo, Marco, check it out. Grace, get Sadie to run his face" he ordered, sending them out.

Grace sat next to Sadie, her head turning in every direction as she looked around at her decorations.
"Something wrong?" Sadie asked.
"No. I like it, it's like a darker version of wonderland" Grace smiled once again looking over the horror figurines and bat sculptures.
"Thanks. I think it helps me work better" she smiled shyly.
"You don't like people much do you?" Grace asked.
"It's a long story" she shrugged, putting her guards up.
"You don't have to tell me. I'm the queen of long stories" Grace smiled, earning a smile from Sadie. The computer bleeped, turning their attention back to the computer.
"We got a hit" Sadie told her, turning back to the computer.
"What's his name?" Grace asked.
"Sammy Davis. He's a known member of the drug ring, currently not arrested, no children, previously arrested for drug possession with intent" Sadie told her.
"You're amazing" Grace smiled, kissing the top of her head lightly before she left the room.

"We've got a name, Sammy Davis" Grace announced.
"Word on the street is that he's a hitman for someone called sugar daddy, who we believe is the leader of the drug ring" Lorenzo told them.
"He's been arrested before for drug possession with intent" Grace added.
"Where is he now?" James asked.
"My sources say he's on the streets" Lorenzo told them.
"Could we track his phone? Find him through cameras?" James asked.
"Maybe, but I think getting out on the streets will be faster, if that doesn't work at least we'll be in the area when Sadie tracks him down" Lorenzo told him.
"Okay, take Cameron. I'll get Sadie on this right away" James told them.