Chapter 84

Grace sat on a park bench with Abi, watching James as he played baseball with the boys. 
"You're so in love with my dad that it's almost sickening" Abi smiled. 
"Your dad is a great guy. When your all grown up you find someone that looks at your flaws as if they mean nothing" 
"What flaws?" 
"Not liking myself, thinking that I'm unworthy of love, hurting the people that I care about most in the world" she admitted. 
"You didn't hurt dad, because he always knew that you'd come back to him" 
"Somewhere deep down, I knew that I'd always come back to him. Your dad could always pull me back to him" Grace sighed contentedly. 
"Eww, I don't want to know what the two of you get up to" Abi groaned. 
"Not like that" Grace laughed. 
"The way grandpa Marco told it you got up to a lot more" Abi teased. 
"It's not my fault your dad is very persuasive" Grace teased earning groans from Abi. 
"What's so funny?" James asked as he and the boys joined them at the table. 
"Nothing" Grace smiled up at him before he leant down and connected their lips. 
"I hit it mommy" Connor smiled.
"You did? I think that deserves a cupcake" she smiled giving him a cupcake.
"Me too?" Liam smiled.
"Of course, sweet boy" she smiled handing him a cupcake.
"You spoil them" James told her, his arm wrapping around her waist, pulling her body against his.
"I spoil all my boys" she smiled, squeezing his thigh under the table.
"What about me?" Abi faked a frown for the boys.
"I am happy to spoil you any way you want" Grace told her.
"Good, because I need a new wardrobe for when I go to college" Abi smiled widely.
"What's wrong with the clothes you already have?" James asked.
"They're not boy or party appropriate" Abi frowned.
"Why do they need to be boy or party appropriate?" James sighed.
"Kids, why don't you go and play please" Grace smiled at all three kids, watching as they headed off "Let her have this, James. She needs to be a grown up" she dropped her voice to a whisper "I can make it worth your while tonight whilst the boys are at their sleepovers" She encouraged. James thought for a moment before he broke out in a wide smirk. 
"Yes ma'am" he smirked against her neck before he placed a kiss there.

"Right, I think we've got everything" Grace looked down at the bags in her hands "Is there anything else you want to get?" she asked Abi. 
"Will you take me to get some lingerie?" 
"You want me to take you? I'm surprised you haven't forbid me to mention your dad or anything" 
"I obviously don't want to hear about you and my dad and I don't want to hear anything like what colour he likes best on you or how fast he rips stuff off of you, but I want you to come with me" Abi smiled.
"Okay. But red is his favourite colour" Grace teased, earning a shove and a groan in response, only making her laugh.

Grace headed into James' apartment with Abi right behind her. As soon as she stepped inside Liam and Connor ran to hug her legs.
"Mommy, daddy bought us ice cream!" Connor told her.
"He did!" Grace smiled widely as dropped the bags and scooped the boy into her arms.
"He let us get 2 scoops!" Liam told her.
"That's sounds amazing" Grace smiled at him.
"Did you get everything you wanted?" James asked Abi.
"Yeah, mom even let me get really a cool dress" She smiled widely as she searched in the bag to show him. James' eyes fell on Grace across the room as she watched their family, her smile fading slightly as she watched before Connor pulled her out of her trance.

Grace switched off the bathroom light and stepped back into the bedroom as James came in from the living room.
"They settle alright?" She asked.
"Yeah, they liked the idea of camping out in the living room" he smiled as he slipped into his side of the bed. Grace slipped into bed beside him, switching off the light as she settled her head on his chest.
"What was that look earlier?" He asked after a moment.
"What look?"
"After Abi called you mom, you had a weird look" he commented, earning a deep sigh from her.
"I liked it, and I like our little family but I just can't help feeling like something is missing" she sighed again.
"But not a baby" he nodded.
"Not a baby" she nodded, sighing again, letting the silence fall between them for a moment "Maybe a dog" he laughed "Or a turtle" she laughed with him before they fell into silence once again. Grace threw back the covers and headed to the door, flicking the lock shut before she turned back to James.
"Can we not talk?" She asked untying her robe for him to see the new set of lingerie that she had bought earlier that day "I did promise to reward you for letting Abi get whatever she wanted"
"No talking" he nodded "Just naked" he practically drooled as Grace sauntered over to him.
"Just naked" Grace agreed with a smirk as she pulled herself over his lap and connected their lips quickly.