Chapter 62

"James I swear to god-" Grace cut herself off as she opened the door, revealing Abi on the other side. 
"Expecting a booty call from my dad?" the young girl teased. 
"No, he's just been checking up on me non stop since last night is all" Grace explained as she moved towards the kitchen, Abi following behind her. 
"What happened?" 
"I had to shoot someone to maintain my cover. I've shot people before but this time, I couldn't stop the guilt" she admitted. 
"That's rough. And I thought being a teenager without a mom was rough" Abi joked making Grace smile. 
"I grew up alone without any parents and according to my therapist I turned about pretty good. Slightly damaged but pretty good considering the stuff I've done" Grace smiled. 
"You seem pretty cool to me" Abi smiled, reaching across the counter to squeeze her hand lightly. 
"You dad sent you didn't he?" Grace asked after a moment. 
"Busted" Abi groaned before she began laughing "He loves you"
"I know" 
"He's waiting for you" 
"I told him that I didn't know if I'd ever be ready. I'm trying to be" Grace admitted.
"Do you love him?" 
"I do. I didn't think I could or would love anyone else but, I'm in love with your dad. I'm trying to heal, to let go of my past before I can be sure that I can be everything that your dad sees in me" 
"After mom died we were both hurting, he loved her so much. I thought that he was done with dating and women, but then you came along. He started lighting up, smiling more, he even donated her clothes. He loved you from your first day. He came home and started telling me all about this crazy smart woman he was working with" Abi smiled. 
"Our first case I had to get handsy with a guy and Lorenzo couldn't take his eyes of me in my short dress" Grace smiled at the memory. 
"You challenged dad. You surprised him in the best way and you continued to prove yourself to him, your doubts he saw past as he fell more in love with you every day" Abi told her. 
"Your a pretty smart kid" 
"I'm almost an adult" she reminded her. 
"Your still a kid to me" Grace smiled, making her laugh. 
"I've got to go, I have studying to do" Abi told her, moving to the door, Grace following behind her. 
"Tell your dad I'm fine will you" 
"I will" Abi nodded before she took the door handle in her hand, she paused dropping her hand from the handle before she looked back at Grace "You know what I said earlier about not having a mom. I lied, because I had one, and now I have another one" Abi told her. Grace took a moment to study the sincerity in her eyes before she pulled the young girl into her arms, holding her tightly against her chest. 
"Thank you" Grace whispered to her before their arms dropped from one another and Abi left the apartment. 

Grace was busy getting dressed in the locker room again when James snuck his way into the locker room, his eyes meeting Grace's in the mirror of her locker. 
"I'm going to make you wear a bell if you keep on sneaking in here" Grace warned with a smile. 
"Maybe I just want to watch you get dressed?" he smirked. 
"I thought you liked it when I got undressed?" she teased.  
"I definitely like that more" he smirked "Abi told me that you figured out that I sent her"
"Oh yeah. Its okay, we had a nice talk. She's a great kid" James crossed the room towards her. Grace's breath hitched in her throat as his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her back against his chest. 
"She told you that I love you" 
"Yes" she breathed leaning further into his touch, his warm breath against her neck. 
"She said you loved me" his breath tickled her neck as her hand moved to the back of his head, pulling him even closer to her. 
"I love you" Grace breathed out before she turned in his arms. She grabbed the lapels of his blazer before she slammed her lips against his. James grabbed her hips pulling her against his as his lips bruised against hers. Their breaths became one, no space left between them. No room for anything else but them. James's hands drifted down from her hips going to her ass, he pulled her up and into his arms before he pressed her back against one of the closed lockers. She locked her ankles behind his back, pushing his pelvis as close to hers as she could get it. Her nails raked through his hair, pulling on it as his hand drifted up her thigh. Grace couldn't stop herself from smirking against his lips as he traced her over her panties. Then she remembered therapy and everything she wanted in the future, everything she wanted with James. Fucking him now was only going to fuck that up. 
"Wait, wait. Shit" Grace cursed as James moved his hands back to her thighs. 
"What is it? What's wrong?" 
"Nothing" She sighed her head falling onto his shoulder. 
"Then I'm confused" 
"I want to fuck you, I want this to happen so badly because the last time I came- and I mean really came was with you, because of you and I'm going to hate myself for this but I can't fuck you because in order to let you fuck me I need to heal because every time you look at me or touch me or even get close to me I fall more in love with you and how you make me feel. So, I can't do this" Grace sighed again, her head falling back onto his shoulder. 
"I want this too, probably even more than you. I have tried taking care of myself but it physically won't work, I swear my balls are blue" James groaned earning a laugh from her. 
"I'm sorry" 
"Don't be. I understand. Maybe my balls don't but-" James was cut off as Grace hit him across the chest playfully and started laughing again. 
"I love you James" she admitted once her laughter had died down. 
"I love you more Gracie" James told her before he brought their lips together, slowly this time, taking his time to remember how good this feels, how good she feels. 
"Get it girl" Sadie cheered from the entryway, surprising them both. 
"Nothing is getting in here" Grace told them as Sadie, Lilly and Aneesa shared looks between them. 
"Oh really because it kind of looks like something is happening" Aneesa teased. 
"No, its hard to get fucked when you have your therapists voice in your head telling you to wait until you're emotionally healed" Grace told them. 
"That sucks for you" Sadie laughed. 
"It still kind of looks like something was going to happen" Aneesa laughed with her. 
"Yeah, well, your boss started it" Grace shrugged. 
"You kissed me first" James argued. 
"You sent your daughter to tell me that you loved me then you cornered me in here, getting all close and sexy. I didn't climb up here myself" Grace argued back. 
"So, do you seduce your subordinates in locker rooms all the time or is this just for Grace" Aneesa teased. 
"I give up" James sighed "Finish getting ready" He ordered lightly before he dropped her back to her feet. 
"I thought you liked undressing me" Grace teased. 
"Ew please stop" Lilly groaned as James left the room without another word. 
"How close did you get?" Sadie smirked widely. 
"The second he touched me I backed out because of my damn therapist" Grace groaned, pulling a dramatic frown. 
"You know we all have to get changed in here, right?" Lilly asked, pulling a face as she sat down slowly on the bench. 
"No bodily fluids were exchanged Lilly, your good" Grace assured her. 
"Please don't refer to our bosses bodily fluids please" Lilly groaned again.