Chapter 13

Today they were planning on interrogating the women that they had found in the container the night before. 
"I think I should go in there" Grace suggested as they stood on the opposite side of the one-way glass. 
"You think you can get her to talk?" James asked. 
"She's a scared little kid, she needs to feel like someone understands her pain" Grace told him earning a nod of approval from him. 
Grace entered the interrogation room that was full of kid's toys and games. One of the younger girls they had found in the container sat at the table drawing pictures of various things in various colours.
"Hello sweetie, my name's Grace. Can you tell me yours?" Grace smiled gently. The little girl was scared at to speak. Grace sat on the floor beside the small child's table where she was drawing, she picked up a crayon and a piece of paper and began drawing. When she was finished Grace held up the silly picture with her name written neatly in the corner. The little girl smiled at Grace before she quickly finished her picture and held it up for Grace to see, with 'Sunny' written neatly in the corner of her picture.
"Sunny. That's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" Grace smiled at her earning a small smile back "Can I tell you a secret?" Grace asked the little girl, who nodded shyly "A man hurt me once a long time ago when I was about your age. I had someone to protect me, and his name was Tom. He stopped the bad man" Grace explained, memories of her own torturous childhood flashing back to her as she spoke to the little girl.
"Did he touch you in your private places too? The bad man?" the little girl asked, the fear in her eyes evident as she asked her questions nervously. 
"Yes" Grace admitted "Yes, he did" Grace frowned "But someone helped me. I need to know the man's name that hurt you, so that I can help you too just like Tom helped me" Grace told her gently.
"His name was Michael Thorn; we saw his driver's license once" the little girl admitted.
"Well done, sweetie. We're going to get him, don't worry" Grace gave her a sincere smile and squeezed her hands lightly before she pulled her in for a tight hug.
Grace entered the room behind the two-way mirror where the rest of the team were waiting and listening "We've got a name" Grace gave a small smile. Lilly crossed the room to her, pulling Grace into a tight hug despite her aversion to touch "It's not a big deal" Grace shrugged.
"Who did it?" Lilly frowned sadly, finally releasing her from her tight hug but kept her in her arms.
"A member of my mother's protective detail. I was 8 when it started, I was 12 when he got caught in the act. My mother never believed me" Grace took in a shaky breath as her eyes welled with tears.
"I'm sorry" Lilly frowned, taking Grace's face in her hands despite her aversion to any physical contact she felt the need to hold onto Grace as tight as possible.
"It's not your fault" she shrugged squeezing Lilly's hand lightly "It's the hypersexuality that came next that was the worst" Grace admitted bravely but shakily "Let's catch this bastard" Grace said to the others, changing the subject quickly.

Lorenzo shoved Michael into the interview room and on to the chair facing the two-way mirror before he left the room out of another door, shutting it behind him before he left the room again.
"I'm sorry" James frowned.
"About what?" Grace asked.
"What your mother's protective detail did to you" he frowned deeply.
"Like I said the hypersexuality afterwards is the worst"
"What's hypersexuality?"
"Some women after being raped or sexually assaulted are overtly sexual towards themselves or others. It makes you feel so dirty, but you just can't help it" Grace muttered.
"You were 12"
"It still happened. It doesn't matter how old you are" she shrugged "It makes everything that happened later make sense at least" she laughed lightly.
"What happened later?"
"It's a long story" she sighed, giving him a little smile.
"You don't have to tell me. But, if you do, I'll be here for you. Even if you just want to talk in general, I'm here" he gave a small smile.
"Thank you, James. Thank you" she smiled at him one last time before he flicked the switch letting the sound from the other room filter in as Lorenzo entered the room once again.
"So, Michael what have you been up to?" Lorenzo smiled.
"I don't know why I'm even here" he shot back with a smile. 
"Rape. Kidnapping. Sex trafficking. Take your pick" Lorenzo smiled again. 
"I don't know about any of that" he smirked, folding his arms over his chest as he leant back in his chair. 
"No?" Grace asked as she entered the room "Because one of the little girls we saved said you're the one that touched her in her private places" Grace bit as she leaned towards him, her hands resting on the table. 
"Prove it" he shot with a smirk, looking Grace's body up and down as he sat back again in his chair. Grace slammed her hands down onto the table before she charged at the man, grabbing the lapels of his jacket before she shoved him against the wall, holding him there. 
"You see I don't have to prove it. You want to know what happens to freaks like you? Whether or not I have any evidence the minute you get to jail the other inmates will beat you to death and it'll be slow and painful. There's no easy way out for freaks like you" Grace bit "You want to know how long DNA stays inside of the body? When the lab results get back, I'll have all the evidence that I need. All the evidence those other inmates will need too. You see no matter what crime landed those guys in jail, no matter how much of a scumbag they are, they all agree that freaks that mess with kids are the worst kind of scum" she bit, seeing the fear cloud over his eyes. 
"I want to make a deal" Michael looked over at Lorenzo. 
"Make it worth our while or else I call my friends at the DOC" Grace warned him. 
"I traffic the girls for sugar daddy because he had dirt on me-" 
"What kind of dirt?" Lorenzo asked. 
"The children video kind" he sighed "Sugar daddy has a hitman that threatened me-"
"What's his name?" Grace asked shoving him against the wall harder. 
"Sammy Davis! He's the hitman" Michael told them. 
"Good boy" Grace bit sarcastically dropping his jacket lapels from her hands. 
"There's someone else, Tommy Franks, he's the guy you talk to, he's sugar daddy's right hand he looks over the trafficking, the prostitution and the drugs" Michael told them. 
"Now look who's singing my tune" Grace smiled at Lorenzo.  

"Have Sadie locate Sammy and Tommy. We can connect Sammy to the crime scenes through the pictures which gives us more than what we have on Tommy at the minute other than Michael's word but he's a criminal-" 
"And a paedophile" Grace reminded him. 
"And a paedophile. Which means that his word is not good, we need hard evidence before we move on them" James ordered them. 
"I'll get her on it" Lorenzo nodded heading off to her office. 
"What happened in there?" he asked in a gentle voice. 
"I lost it a bit I admit that but, I got him to talk at least" she shrugged slightly. 
"Grace" the way he said her name forced her eyes onto him and a chill down her spine. 
"I hate men that think they can touch a child let alone derive sexual pleasure from it. I can feel the bile in my throat just thinking about what that little girl went through" Grace admitted. 
"And about what the protective detail guy did to you" he suggested. 
"Yes. What he did to me too" Grace admitted, her eyes falling to the floor. 
"What did he do?" James asked gently, watching her as she lifted her head to meet his eyes. 
"I like talking to you Boss, but don't push this topic, please" she begged. 
"Okay. You don't have to tell me but, if you do, I'm here" he assured her with a small smile. 

"So, Sammy Davis appears to be living his life as if he isn't the hitman for a three-time crime boss, I've got the techs running facial rec on everyone he talked to or came into contact with and someone on his apartment" Sadie explained "Tommy Franks is more of your usual criminal type. He uses burner phones, and his movements are harder to track, it's going to take a few hours to find anything concrete on this guy" Sadie told them. 
"Thank you, Sadie. You finish it up then head home, we can get restarted tomorrow" James told her before they left her office, leaving Sadie to her work. 
"Hey, do you fancy a drink?" James asked when Lorenzo had moved out of earshot. 
"That sounds perfect" Grace smiled.