Chapter 32

Grace had overhead the men say that the weapons were going to be shipped out of a warehouse to another location to be sold and shipped. All they had to do was to watch and wait.
"What's up with you?" Lorenzo finally asked. They had been in complete silence since they got in the car and Lorenzo knew that something was going on with Grace.
"I'm fine" Grace lied.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, really means I need help but I'm too stubborn to ask for it" Lorenzo rolled his eyes at her "Talk to me Cameron" he encouraged earning a sigh as she gave up trying to hide it from him.
"You ever look back on your life and regret the whole thing?" She asked.
"I regret parts or choices, yeah. From what you've told us your life sucked for most of it so I can understand you wanting to forget it" He explained.
"It did. And some of it was down to me making stupid decisions"
"You were a kid that needed a parent. I never needed my dad to stick around because I had two amazing women to raise me" he admitted.
"How is it that when I first joined this team all you did was flirt with me and now you treat me like an equal" Grace smiled lightly.
"Every woman deserves someone to flirt with her, who makes her smile. Every time I said something to you, you smiled. And when I got to know you better I knew that you deserved my respect rather than my playful flirting" he smiled kindly "Besides it got weird because you feel like my sister now" He added making her laugh.
"Look, their on the move" Grace pointed out.
"Boss man, their moving" Lorenzo repeated over the walkie.

"Sadie get us eyes in there" James ordered over the phone.
"Yes boss man" She replied quickly before hanging up the phone.
"Your team are good" Aneesa commented.
"That's why we chose them. Highly skilled people-"
"No. I meant their friendly and walking into your office today felt like meeting a family rather than a team" she explained.
"Yes, I suppose we are. We look out for each other which is what makes us so good at solving these crimes. We know each other" he told her.
"You have better communication than my husband and I do" she joked earning a small smile from James.
"Game over. No cameras" Sadie informed him as soon as he answered the phone.
"Damn. You'll have to search the black market for any sales and hopefully we'll get lucky" James sighed heavily before he hung up the phone and called the others to send them home.

Grace exited the elevator on her floor, heading towards her front door, she saw the long box that lay there, wrapped in a white bow. An apartment door opened behind her catching her by surprise. 
"Oh, hello Grace" Mrs Sears smiled.
"Hello, do you know who left this?" Grace motioned towards the box.
"It was a delivery man, he told me your name he seemed trustworthy" she told her with a light shrug.
"Okay, thank you" Grace gave her a weak smile before she went into her apartment, taking the box with her. Grace threw her keys onto the side table and locked the door before she moved to the living room, lying the box on the table she untied the bow and opened it, revealing the flower. A pink carnation. It symbolizes 'I will never forget you'. Cormac was never going to forget her. He was never going to let her go, no matter how much time had passed. Almost two years. Too much time? Not for them. Not for him.
Flashback:
Grace sat in the living room with Liam and Connor beside her, showing her their drawings as the FBI and homeland security burst into the room, guns in hand.
"What is this? What is going on?" Grace asked, jumping up from the couch, Liam hiding behind her as Connor clung to her leg.
"Caitlin Brooks you're under arrest for terrorism" one agent told her as he began cuffing her.
"Liam, Connor go find your mommy, okay?" Grace smiled at the boy, trying to calm him.
"No. Caity, don't leave me" Connor cried, gripping onto her leg tighter.
"No Caity, don't leave us" Liam cried as he gripped her waist tightly. 
"What's going on here?" Cormac asked as he entered the room.
"Cormac O'Reilly, you're under arrest on suspicion of terrorism" another agent smirked as he handcuffed him.
"Josie, come get your boys they don't need to see this" Cormac ordered the housekeeper.
"Cor" Grace called, tugging against the cuffs.
"I'm here my love, everything's going to be okay" he smiled, managing to break out of the officer's grasp, he moved to her bringing their foreheads together "We'll get out of this" he assured her. 
"Come on lovebirds" an officer joked as the pair were dragged away.

That laugh echoed through Grace's mind and soul as she was startled awake. Grace lay in her bed on her back, staring up at the ceiling, her heart racing slightly. She threw back the covers heading into the kitchen, she poured herself a glass of whiskey. She sat on the couch, her feet tucked under her as she flicked through the channels. Max jumped up onto the couch next to her and went back to sleep as Grace scratched his head. Sleep for her was going to be harder to come by, although the ringing of her phone broke through Max's sleepiness.
"Hey boss man"
"Hey Grace, we've got an in. They're selling the weapons tonight and we're going in" James informed her.
"I can be at the office in about an hour" Grace told him.
"Great. We'll have your outfit ready for you"
"No need. I've got just the thing"

All eyes fell on Grace as she strolled into the office in a short black strapless dress with matching black gloves.
"Woah Cameron, leaving anything to the imagination?" Lorenzo teased.
"I thought you liked a flash of skin every now and again" she teased.
"Holy mama boss man" Sadie smiled widely as she took him his smart suit.
"Not bad boss" Grace smiled, her eyes raking over him.
"Not bad yourself Grace" James smiled, offering his arm to her as she took it quickly.
"Weapons bidding can be tough, Lorenzo and I will be in the room posing as bidders, if you need help, look to us" Aneesa told them.
"We've got this, don't we boss" Grace smiled at him playfully before she took his arm.