Chapter 97

A few weeks later
Grace rolled over in bed, her head going to James's chest as her hand went to the other shoulder, his own arm wrapped around her waist. 
"We should get up soon" he muttered, his eyes staying closed.
"I don't want to" she groaned back, nuzzling her head against his chest more. Suddenly, the door flew open and Alexandra ran in giggling with her brothers, big sister and Max right behind her. Grace and James jumped awake as their children dove onto the bed and their parents.
"That's one way to wake up" James joked as the children giggled.
"What are you munchkins up too?" Grace asked, looking at the little girl in her lap.
"We want pancakes, mommy" she demanded, folding her little arms over her chest.
"Well, daddy is the cook in this house. You'll have to ask him" Grace watched her face light up. Alexandra got up slowly before she dove onto James, wrapping her arms around her father's neck.
"Daddy, pancakes please"
"Coming right up princess" he smiled at her, placing a kiss to her cheek before all the kids ran out again. The thudding of their footsteps echoing throughout their new home.
"She has you wrapped around her little finger"
"So does her mommy" he smiled, kissing her deeply before he got out of bed and followed after their kids.

Grace finished pulling her hair up into a loose bun as she moved down the stairs, finding her family sat around the dining room table as James finished up the pancakes.
"You look delicious" he smirked, kissing her lips before she took the plates from his hands.
"You two are disgustingly happy" Abi smiled as Grace laid a plate in front of her and kissed her head.
"Are you all packed up for today?" Grace asked as she moved to sit next to Alex.
"Yes mom. I just have a last few things to put away"
"Good" Grace frowned slightly "It's going to be so quiet without you here"
"Are you kidding me? The only time it's quiet in here is when the kids are eating or sleeping" James stuck his tongue out at Connor as he joined everyone at the table.
"We like noise" Liam smiled through his chocolate covered mouth.
"So does daddy" Grace teased her boyfriend across the table with a smirk.
"When are Marco and Diane coming?"
"In about an hour. But you know Diane, no doubt they'll be here any sec-"
"Hello? We're here" Diane called before she and Marco appeared in the kitchen.
"Grandma! Grandpa!" The kids shouted as they ran to them, wrapping their arms around their legs.
"Good morning everyone" Marco smiled.
"Grandma, daddy made pancakes" Alex smiled as Diane moved to her side.
"They look pretty good" Diane smiled at the little girl.
"Are you already to go?" Marco asked Abi.
"Yes. I've got everything I need" she smiled.
"Are you nervous?" Diane asked as she lifted Alex into her arms.
"No, I'm excited" she smiled.
"Your mom would've been so proud" Grace assured her. Abi reached across the table and squeezed Grace's hand.
"I know. I see her joy in you" they both smiled.
"Both of your mother's wouldn't want you to be late" James smiled, squeezing his eldest daughters hand before she headed off upstairs.
"Did everyone make it home after the going away party?" Grace asked as she wiped Connor's mouth across the table.
"Sadie and Lorenzo were pretty drunk so they stayed, but didn't sleep if you know what I mean" Marco told her.
"I'm surprised that the two of you didn't ask us to watch the kids last night" Diane teased lightly.
"Someone learned how to be quiet" James teased over the rim of her coffee cup, earning him a kick under the table from Grace.
"I thought that daddy didn't like quiet" Connor spoke up, only earning laughs from Marco, Diane and James, which only made Grace glare back at them.

"Dad, you can let go now. I'll be less than an hour away. I'll visit all the time. Please let go" Abi groaned as her father hugged her tightly before releasing her so that Grace could hug her.
"We're going to miss you, sweetheart" James frowned.
"I'm going to miss you more than he will" Grace whispered to her but James still heard and smiled to himself.
"I'm going to miss you both" she assured them as Grace released her.
"And you'll call?"
"Of course"
"And you'll come back to visit?"
"Always" She promised her.
"We'll be here if you need us" James assured her.
"We'll be here no matter what. It doesn't matter how late or how early it is, you can always call" Grace assured her.
"I'll be fine mom. I promise. I love you both" She smiled, hugging them both in her arms, she kissed one of their cheeks before she released them. Giving them both one final look she headed inside of her building.
"How uncool would it be if I made up an excuse to check on her?"
"Very uncool" James smiled down at her, wrapping an arm around her waist.
"Yeah, that's what I thought" she sighed sadly, letting James pull her close before she let him guide her back to the car.

Later that night, after the children had gone to bed Grace and James sat on the couch watching TV.
"It's too quiet" She groaned.
"The kids are in bed, what do you expect?" James laughed.
"This house feels empty without Abi around" She huffed. James moved across the couch, lying on top of her, careful not to put too much weight on her.
"We could always make another" he suggested with a wiggle of his eyebrows.
"Wouldn't that count as replacing Abi?"
"Not at all. I consider it keeping my wife happy" he smirked, his lips descending on her neck.
"I could be persuaded" she smirked, their lips meeting just as Max began to whine.
"Seriously? What now?"
"Let him out into the yard. I'll meet you upstairs" she suggested.
"We can't leave the door open"
"We're cops. If anyone robs us I can track them down. I do have international contacts" she smiled.
"Damn that's so hot" He groaned, making her laugh as he climbed off of her to let the dog out as she headed upstairs, he quickly ran after her.

Sadie sat on the end of her bed with her husband right beside her, both of them looking down at the test in her hands.
"Oh damn" Lorenzo ran a hand through his hair.
"You knocked me up"
"I guess I did" he paused to look over her face "How do you feel about this?"
"I'm so happy" she smiled, throwing herself into his arms.
"Marco and Diane are going to be so happy" he smiled, hugging her back.