Chapter 58

Grace walked over to her desk, the usual office sounds only added to the pounding in her head.
"Tell us what happened" Sadie lit up as Grace dumped her bag by her desk.
"Nothing happened" Grace groaned as she fell into her chair "He was to self righteous to fuck me" She groaned, pressing her fingers to her temple.
"So the grinding on him was what?" Sadie asked.
"Just warming him up apparently. When he said that he wanted to fuck me I told him we could do it right there or he could take me home, whilst I was saying goodbye he seemed to have come to his senses" Grace sighed in anger.
"I would've thought the two of you were going to do it right there" Lorenzo added.
"I wish I did do him right there, at least I wouldn't have went home alone and needy" Grace leaned into Lilly's touch as the younger woman stroked her hair in comfort.
"Your the one that doesn't want a relationship" Marco reminded her.
"He used that against me too!" She said too loudly making her wince in pain.
"Maybe you should just be with him and his big friend" Sadie teased.
"Big friend?" Lorenzo asked.
"Oh yeah, definitely bigger than yours" Grace teased him despite her aching head.
"I could sue you for sexual harassment" Came James's voice from behind her.
"I didn't hear you complaining last night" she teased.
"Let's move to the conference room" He said somewhat awkwardly, ignoring her last comment as they all headed over there "Any word from Miles?"
"Not yet but he'll call" Grace assured him.
"We've got a good in so far but, you need to keep pushing your way in" Aneesa encouraged.
"I've got it, trust me. Miles is going to give me all the access we want" she assured her as her phone began ringing loudly "Hey handsome" Grace smiled down the line "Eight o'clock sounds perfect" she nodded "See you then sweetie" she said down the line before she hung up the phone "We're on" Grace smiled at them all.

"So this is the lovely young woman that has stolen my son's heart" Roger smiled, hugging Grace tightly before he kissed her cheek.
"I'm a very lucky woman" Grace smiled.
"He's a very lucky man" Roger smiled.
"That I am, pop" Miles smiled, his arm wrapping itself around her waist, pulling her close to his side.
"Come on dinner should be ready by now" Roger smiled leading everyone into the dinning room. Miles pulled out Grace's chair for her before he took the seat next to her as the others filled in around the table.
"My son tells me you put on a good show for everyone the other night" Roger said as Oscar smirked across the table.
"He was being an ass, someone needed to put him in his place. He's lucky I didn't bring my gun and I was feeling nice" she smiled.
"You remind me of their mother. The first night I met her I said she looked beautiful, she pulled out a gun and shot me right in the shoulder" Roger laughed.
"Oh I definitely would've liked her" Grace smiled.
"Is she good to you?" Roger asked Miles.
"She is pop" Miles nodded, his arm wrapping around Grace's shoulder.
"She know about our business?" Roger asked him.
"Why don't you ask me?" Grace cut in.
"Do you know what we do?" Roger asked.
"I know you like to keep it in the family and that you don't trust outsiders. You also carry guns and by the look of them their marked. I'm guessing it's not exactly legal" Grace told him.
"Your smart, I like it" Roger smiled "We do a bit of this, and a bit of that" he shrugged.
"We do what needs to be done" Oscar added for him.
"Can you?" Roger asked.
"I do it everyday. Put me to the test and see what I capable of" She challenged him, earning a smile back.
"Tomorrow. Tonight, we eat" Roger encouraged.

Grace stood in front of her locker as she did up the last button on her shirt. The door to the locker room opened and closed before Grace saw James' reflection in the mirror.
"I thought we weren't going to do this" she reminded him.
"We're not doing this. I just want 5 minutes. I want to forget that we're going after the people that killed my wife. I want to forget that I love you and can't have you"
"So what are we doing instead?" She asked, finally turning to look at him. James crossed the room towards her, taking her hips in his hands before he slid his arms around her, holding her body close to his. Her own arms wrapped around his neck as she held him tightly.
"I-"
"No talking" James ordered, silencing them both for a minute "Fucking lavender and honey" James laughed lightly after another minute of silence.
"I don't even know what you smell like but I like it" she laughed before she buried her nose into his neck more. Three minutes later James broke the silence "I think the five minutes are up"
"5 more. I just need 5 more minutes" she begged.
"I would give you anything if you only asked for it" he assured her.
"I only want you" she assured him "I'm trying to be better, I'm trying to be the woman you deserve. I'm broken, chipped, fractured. I want you. I'm trying to learn how to be me and that's going to take time. I don't want you to wait for me, that's not what I want for you. What I'm saying is I don't know if I'll ever be ready but I am trying. If we can't be together then I would like you to help glue me together. I want us to still be friends because you mean the world to me and much more"
"After Molly I thought that I would never love again but then, you walked in here and smiled at me and that was it. I fell so hard and so fast for you because you were smart and a force to be reckoned with without apology. And you don't even realize how beautiful you are. I would wait forever if that was what it took for you to be ready. I'm not going anywhere" he assured her "And there's no way in hell I'm going to let you date someone else" he joked lightly earning a small laugh from her. The door to the locker room opened and closed once again before Diane appeared.
"Sorry to interrupt" she apologized.
"It's fine" Grace assured her, making no effort to move out of James' arms.
"I was wondering if you wanted to stay at mine tonight?" She suggested.
"I'll be fine" she assured her.
"Call me if you need me" Diane offered her a kind smile before she left the locker room.
"What was that about?" James asked after they heard the door close behind her.
"She's been looking after me. Not screwing your boss is really hard especially when he's hot" she joked lightly earning a small laugh back "2 more minutes" she sighed.
"2 more minutes" he agreed.

"I miss you already if that's even possible" Lorenzo said down the line to Sadie.
"I miss you too"
"I'm sorry you can't stay over, my mom's funny about these things"
"It's fine. I just can't wait to see you tomorrow night"
"Why? So we can watch them ask Cameron to do something questionable?" He laughed lightly.
"She's tough, she's had to be. I admire her"
"So do I, but don't tell her I said that"
"Your secret is safe with me soldier" Sadie smiled.
"We should go to sleep"
"Yeah" she sighed sleepily.
"Goodnight Sadie"
"Goodnight Soldier" Sadie muttered. The line fell silent for a moment.
"I love you" Lorenzo muttered.
"I love you too Zo" Sadie muttered back.