Chapter 75

Grace and James headed inside the local police station. 
"Hey you two" Marco smiled as they entered the conference room. 
"Hey, how's the surveillance going?" Grace asked. 
"So far we have nothing, we're just waiting for Sadie to call us back" Lilly told her just as her phone started ringing. 
"Sadie, what have you got for us?" James asked. 
"Benji has been a very naughty boy, he was regarded as a social outcast by his teachers, the spent some time in a psychiatric facility, his mother was found murdered but he was cleared of any wrong doing, I couldn't get access to his therapy records but I bet any money that his mother sexually abused him" Sadie told them. 
"What date was his mother killed?" Grace asked. 
"That's why I love you Grace girl, 12/04/1984, the date that he killed for the second time" she told them. 
"We have our pattern" Grace told them. 
"Diane found a serial killer" Marco added. 
"A serial killer with a distinct pattern. We need to find her and do it quickly" James ordered. 
"We have his address, let's go spook him" Marco suggested. 
"Grace and I will go" James told him, his eyes searing his, telling him that they would find her. 
"We'll bring her back to you. We'll bring her home" Grace assured him before she and James headed out. 

James knocked on the thick wooden door, sharing an anxious look with Grace before the door opened revealing Benjamin Moore on the other side. 
"Mr Moore, FBI, can we come in?" James asked, flashing him his badge.
"Of course" he smiled, moving to the side to allow them to enter "Although I'm not sure why the FBI want to talk to me" he closed the door behind them and watched them move around the living room. 
"Were looking for a man that we believe has kidnapped an FBI medical examiner" Grace told him. 
"Do you have a description of the man or anything? I would love to help where I can" Benjamin told them. 
"Well, this man is in his thirties, he has a deep hatred for prostitutes, specifically those in there 30-40's because they remind him of his mother who sexually abused him as a child" James told him, watching his every move for any reactions to what he was saying. 
"That's just awful, I'm sorry that I can't help you. I hope you find your friend though" he smiled. 
"Yeah, me too" James replied, his eyes fixed on the other man as they stood just an inch apart. 
"Don't leave town" Grace told him, her hand going to James' arm telling him to calm down. 
"Yes ma'am" Benjamin smiled. 
"We'll see you real soon Ben" James said finally before he headed out the house with Grace right behind him. 

Grace and James climbed back into the car. They slammed the doors behind them and James started the engine with a deep and angry sigh. 
"What now?" Grace asked as James started driving. 
"We watch him. I'm not going to lose someone else I love" he bit as he pulled the car in up the block from Benjamin's house. 
"Were going to follow him" Grace nodded before she pulled out her phone, dialled a number and brought it up to her ear. 
"Who are you calling?" he asked. 
"Our family. This guy is not getting away and he is not taking Diane away from us either" she told him "Lorenzo. Get to Benjamin's house and keep out of sight.  We're catching him in the act and we are not letting him get away" Grace told him before she gave James a gentle smile. 

"I didn't thank you" James began. 
"For what?" 
"For helping me bring in the guys that killed Molly" 
"She was your wife, Abi's mother, I wasn't going to let them get away with hurting any of you" 
"Yes but you had to kill someone and flirt to help me and I should've thanked you for that. Even though a thank you doesn't seem good enough" 
"I would've done it whether you asked me to or not. I did it because I love you" 
"Are you really okay?" he asked, his head turning to face her "Are you really healed?" 
"Yes" Grace smiled widely "My relationship with my mother is going to take some work and I might never forgive her but I'm starting to heal and it feels...amazing" Grace smiled widely. 
"I'm surprised that your actually trying to forgive her"
"I went and spoke to Tom. He said my mom sat outside my room one night, she saw the guy leave buttoning his pants, the next night she sent Tom in there to stop him. She lied because she thought that me hating her would be easier than acknowledging that it really happened" she explained. 
"But your choosing to forgive her?" 
"Yes, because she protected me from him. She may have called me names and not been there but I'm sick of living in the past and I'm sick of letting all of this...shit control me. I'm done living in the past, all I want is to embrace my future" she smiled at him, squeezing his hand lightly. 
"I'm so in love with you" he admitted. 
"I- He's leaving" Grace told him as both their eyes fell onto the house. James picked up his phone and dialled Lorenzo's number. 
"Lorenzo, he's leaving. We'll follow him, you can follow us" James ordered hanging up the phone as he pulled the car out of its hiding spot and began following after Benjamin. 

They followed Benjamin until he pulled up at an abandoned warehouse. 
"What's our next move boss?" Lorenzo asked as he and Aneesa climbed into the back of their car. 
"We go in. If she's in there we get her out now" he told them as he reached for the door handle, Grace grabbed his arm before he could open the door. 
"If he hasn't we risk tipping our hand" she reminded him. 
"Were family and that means that no one gets left behind" he reminded her. 
"I've got your back all the way" she assured him before to turned to the others "Let's bring Diane home" she told them. 
"Let's get our family home" Aneesa nodded. 
They headed inside the warehouse, their guns drawn as they started moving through. Aneesa and Lorenzo went to the right and Grace and James went to the right, checking around every corner as they moved further and further inside. James and Grace heard whispering around the next corner. James gave her a look and Grace prepared herself before they both rounded the corner at the same time pointing their guns right at him. 
"Let go of her or I will drop you where you stand" Grace warned. Benjamin laughed as he moved behind Diane who was tied to a chair, duct tape over her mouth. 
"I got sloppy, I'm getting on, I'm not as young as I used to be" he smiled as he ran his hand down Diane's cheek "But I had to take care of this little problem" 
"I will shoot your ass. Get. Off. Her. Now" Grace ordered. 
"You can still walk out of this alive, just tell us why?" James encouraged. 
"My mother was a bitch, and she abused me, touched me. So killed her. Killed all those women on the same dates that she hurt me, those women didn't deserve to live because they would've just went home to their kids to hurt them" he ranted "I'm not walking out of this alive" he moved quickly, taking a knife to Diane's throat. Grace fired her gun once. And Benjamin's lifeless body fell to the ground. James moved to Diane, freeing her and wrapping her arm around his shoulders to hold her up. 
"Head shot to the temple. The bastard was dead before he hit the ground" Diane told them before she met Grace's eyes "Thank you" Diane told her. 
"I don't regret shooting him, he deserved to die, he was bad through and through" Grace assured her just as Lorenzo and Aneesa arrived in the room. 
"What happened?" Lorenzo asked as his eyes darted around the room. 
"He was going to kill her or possibly himself, I shot him in the head" Grace told him as she tucked her gun back into its holster "And I'm not sorry or regretful that I did it" she admitted. 
"Ok then" Lorenzo nodded.
"Let's get her out of here" Aneesa encouraged. 
"Marco's been worried sick" Grace smiled at Diane, earning a smile back. 
"I was worried about all of you" she laughed lightly.