Chapter 81

Grace was startled awake by the sound of her bedroom door being pushed open, the dresser she had pushed behind it scraped along the floor as whoever it was continued to push the door open. She grabbed the gun from under her pillow before she rose to her feet and looked through the slacks in the closet door, watching as the person finally made it into the room. She pushed the door open and pointed her gun at the shadowy figure.
"Don't move" she ordered, earning a small laugh from the figure "Slowly switch on the light. I will shot you if you try anything" she warned before the figure slowly stepped to the side and flicked the light on. Robert smirked back at her.
"I should've known" she bit.
"I just wanted to check on you" he smiled as his eyes raked over her.
"I bet you did" she shoved him against the nearest wall, shoving her gun under his chin "I should kill you"
"But you won't" he smirked "You were always so soft" his hand moved up to touch her bare thigh but it dropped as she forced her gun harder under his chin.
"You have no right to touch me" she bit before she shoved off him and moved to the other side of the room "Get out" she ordered, flicking off the safety.
"I'm gone sweetie" he smiled before he headed out of the room, closing the door behind him. Grace waited a minute until she was sure that he had gone before she moved the dresser back in front of the door. She also moved the bedside tables, stacking them on top of the dresser before she went back into the closet. She pulled the doors shut before she sat with her back to the wall, her knees pulled up to her chest, her gun still in her hand as she tried to slow her breathing that she hadn't realized had increased since he left the room.

Michael smiled at his daughter as she entered the kitchen.
"Good morning sleepyhead" he smiled as he refolded the paper and put it on the counter.
"I actually didn't sleep much" she offered a weak smile as she sat next to him.
"Well, today is a new day. Why don't you introduce me to my grandchildren?" He suggested.
"You said yourself that your into some not so legal things. And besides I thought we were getting to know each other?"
"Yes, your right. So what father daughter bonding shall we do?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulders but quickly dropped it again and she moved away from his arm.
"There are plenty of things we can do" she faked another smile.
"Well I have something to show you" he motioned for her to follow, leading her through the house and into the study. Michael motioned for her to take the chair next to him before the room fell into darkness.
"You going to shoot me?" She joked earning a small laugh as the tv lit up the room, showing images of Grace as a little girl playing with her parents.
"I kept every one" Michael smiled at Grace as she watched herself.
"That's me on the roof with Nicky" She pointed out, her smile falling into a frown as she watched him pull her back from the edge before images of her graduation filled the screen "You were there?" she asked in a little voice. 
"Of course I was. I wasn't going to miss out on your life just because I made a stupid mistake" he told her. Grace continued to watch as she saw her first day at college and her graduation. 
"That's all of them. I have to admit I got busy after that" he admitted sadly. 
"Thank you" she muttered. 
"For what?"
"For looking out for me. even though I didn't know you were there, thank you"
"I'm sorry that I couldn't be there, for real. I know your mom...struggled"
"She resented me because of you. She said some things that she regrets now, were working on it" Grace shrugged then smiled at him. 
"Good" he smiled back. 

Grace awoke to the sounds of people charging through the building along with shouts of 'FBI, hands up', followed by gun shots. She grabbed her gun from under her pillow before she slowly opened the closet door, heading out into her room with her gun pointed out searching for anyone, but her door was still blocked by her dresser. Tucking her gun into the waistband of her shorts, she pulled the dresser away from the door before she took her gun back out and headed into the hallway, making sure to check for anyone before she moved. As she moved to the next corner a hand grabbed her gun and hit her in the stomach.
"Bitch" Robert bit, tossing her gun before he grabbed her by the hair and bought his knee up into her stomach. He threw her down on the ground and climbed over her.
"Fuck you" Grace bit as she hit him but he hit her across the face disorientating her.
"We'll have to make this quick" Robert smirked down at her as he reached for his belt as Grace continued to struggle under him despite the pain in her stomach and face. Then the weight of him was gone as some grabbed him and pulled him off her. Michael dragged him down the hallway away from her.
"Dad no!" Grace called as she watched him standing over Robert, the gun in his hand pointed right at his head "You can't. The FBI are here, they'll make sure you never see the light of day. Please. Don't" she pleaded as she moved to his side.
"What did you do to her?" Michael asked him, the gun pushed against Robert's forehead.
"She was always so perfect, so willing" Robert smirked. Michael hit him across the face with the hand that held the gun.
"What did he do?" Michael asked her.
"He raped me. From age eight to twelve" she admitted, seeing the anger flash across her father's eyes before he turned back to the man on his knees before him.
"This will never repay what you did but at least she can rest easy" Michael pulled the trigger without a second thought, the shot echoing throughout the house as Robert's already lifeless body fell to the ground.
"FBI, get on the ground! Drop the weapon!" Agents yelled at the pair. Grace and Michael dropped to their knees, their hands going behind there heads in surrender.
"I'm agent Grace Cameron, FBI, organized crime. My boss is agent James Lawson" Grace told them, casting a look at her father before they let her up onto her feet.
"I'm sorry" she muttered before she left him handcuffed on the ground.