Chapter 33

Grace felt James's hand on the small of her back as they entered the warehouse, from the outside it seemed completely abandoned but, inside, it was like a whole different seedy underbelly. It was dressed up like a hip, warehouse party, except they were in a room full of criminals and weaponry that could do serious damage. 
"You good?" James muttered close to her ear, his warm breath contrasting the cool air of the warehouse, sending a bolt of warmth through her. 
"Yeah, you?" she muttered back, his hand remaining where it was as they surveyed the room. 
"Yeah. You ever done this before?" 
"Something like this" she shrugged, taking a glass of champagne from a waiter before she turned to face him "To the right, two men, both carrying. To the left, he appears to be in charge" Grace told him, watching as his eyes darted across the room. 
"Got it" he nodded down at her "You do look beautiful" he admitted. 
"I wasn't wearing this dress for them boss man" Grace teased with a playful smirk earning a smile back. 
"Looks like their starting" James nodded his head towards the small, makeshift platform where the man that Grace deduced was in charge stood with his arms outstretched. 
"Welcome everyone to this very special auction we have for you this evening. Everything that your about to see is completly untraceable, perfect for protecting your families and...other activities" the man smirked, earning smiles from the crowd "Let the bidding commence" he smiled earning smiles and claps from the crowd. 
"Do you read me my dark darlings?" came Sadie's voice in their ears. 
"Loud and clear miss shady" Grace replied. 
"Wait until the bidding closes on something big" Aneesa ordered.
"I'll give the signal, until then, prepare to move swat in Marco" James ordered. 
"Yes sir" Marco replied as a crate was brought forward. 
"MK-47's" Grace muttered just loud enough for them to hear as the crate was forced open with a crowbar, revealing 18 MK-47's. 
"How did you know?" Aneesa asked. 
"I know my weaponry, plus I used simple math" Grace explained as bidding increased around them. 
"Are you trying to replace me?" Lilly teased. 
"You don't have anything to worry about Lilly, I've got nothing on you. Your the one and only genius" Grace smiled softly as she and James watched the bidding move onto the next item. Eventually, a machine gun and rocket launcher were brought out. 
"Prepare to move" James ordered over his mic as the bidding began, getting higher and higher with the raising of each persons hand. Aneesa and Lorenzo moved to the door whilst Grace and James moved towards the back of the room. 
"Sold!" the auctioneer called out to the crowd. 
"Now!" James ordered, sending the swat team moving in and the rest of the team reaching for guns. The other men didn't back down as the swat team entered the warehouse, some took weapons from inside their jackets while others grabbed the weapons from the crates. 
It felt as if time froze for a moment, the room fell silent as both sides prepared to make a move on the other. Then the first shot rang out. And all hell broke loose. People began running in all directions, trying to escape the gun fire. Grace and Lorenzo took cover by the bar as one of the men moved to the machine gun. 
"Cover!" James shouted out, sending Lorenzo and Aneesa behind a broken wall. More bullets ripped through the air, sending more people and some swat agents to the ground. 
"How much have you got left?" James asked her as the wood split behind them. 
"Four I think" She called back to him over the sounds of the shooting. 
"I've got two" he grimaced in frustration. 
"If we wait until the machine gun runs out and if you cover me, I can grab one of the AR-15's" she suggested. 
"That's way too dangerous" 
"I can do it. We just need the right moment-" Grace cut herself off as the machine gun clicked empty. Grace slid her gun along the floor towards James before she quickly moved from behind the bar, heading towards the gun that lay next to one of the swat agents. 
"Look out!" Lorenzo shouted moving towards her quickly as one of the men pointed his gun right at her. Shots rang out before Grace grabbed the gun and returned fire, knocking more men to the floor, allowing the swat agents to move in taking the rest of the men that remained alive. 
"Shit. Lorenzo are you hit?" Grace asked, moving to his side as the others moved towards them. 
"Ribs. Hit. Vest" Lorenzo managed to cough out. 
"You could've been killed you son of a bitch" Grace sighed in relief. 
"Grace, your arm" James told her, taking her wrist in his hand to look it over. 
"I'm fine, it's just a scratch. Barely even hurts" Grace shrugged even as blood began dripping down her arm. 
"Call an ambulance" James ordered Aneesa before he ripped some cloth off one of the dead and tied it around Grace's wound.   

Grace paced the width of the hospital hallway slightly as she tapped her phone on her palm, debating whether or not to call her. She needed to know. Grace wasn't the only one, they all were. It was time for them to pay for their sins.
"Hey" Grace said as the other woman answered her phone.
"Hey, guess where I am" Clara smiled down the line.
"Where?" Grace asked as a nurse flagged her to sign the release papers. 
"Paris"
"That's a significant change of address. Listen has George called you?"
"Yeah, about a hundred times but I haven't actually spoken to him, why?" Clara asked growing more concerned.
"Cor escaped from prison" Grace said bluntly.
"What? How?" Clara's voice trembled slightly.
"I don't know. I didn't ask. But I think you should run. I don't like this one bit"
"Listen to me, okay? Your safe, he thinks that you died that day, in that car. Caitlin Brooks is dead, say it"
"Caitlin Brooks is dead" Grace reminded herself with a sigh as Lilly came around the corner "I've got to go bye" Grace hung up quickly turning back to Lilly.
"Who's Caitlin Brooks?" Lilly asked in a small voice. 
"An old friend" Grace said quickly.
"How did you lose her?" she asked, moving the coffee cup between her hands, her eyes studying Graces'
"A car accident" Grace said quickly.
"I'm sorry you lost her" Lilly offered a smile but sincere smile. 
"Where are the others?" Grace asked changing the subject as they headed down the hallway. 
"Everyone's gone back to the office. Marco and I were charged with driving you and Lorenzo back" Lilly told her. 
"Good because I am exhausted" Grace sighed with a smile "I bet you $10 that Lorenzo whines like a bitch the whole way back" Grace teased playfully, hoping to distract the young woman's mind from her previous conversation.