Chapter 11

Mature Content Warning: M/F

Don't let him leave. She heard the voice again, but this time she knew whose voice it was - Grandma.

Tears sprung to her eyes and her breathing became ragged. Liam assumed it was him and began to get up. She reached out for his hand and held it tight. She stood up and leaned against his chest. His arms surrounded her and held her as she sobbed, her legs began to buckle underneath her. Liam caught her and gently lifted her in his arms and carried her to the bed. He laid her down and sat next to her stroking her hair. "Do you want to tell me?" He asked softly. She nodded yes as she tugged him down next to her. Liam held her close. Once her breathing slowed, she began to explain.

"I heard my grandmother's voice." Rayne put her hand on Liam's chest over his heart. "She said, 'Don't let him leave.' I think it was her I heard that first night when I asked you to stay and I heard the same words," she pulled herself up to look into Liam's eyes. His expression was one of concern and wonder. "I've never heard her voice. Not about anything, not the dreams, my growing magic, the occasional occult offer, anything. Not until you. Liam, what does this mean? And what did you mean earlier when you said you have waited for me? How did you, or do you know me?"

"I don't know what your grandmother's voice means," Liam answered, pausing to kiss her forehead before explaining the rest. "As for knowing you, my dear. I know you the same way I know how to breathe. I've had visions my whole life. I'm not what most would call normal either. When I was young, I saw you in one of my visions. You looked like you do now, at this age, in this time, just not in this place. Visions are tricky things. They show enough to catch you and keep you interested, but not the entire story. When I saw you in the club, I knew it was you. I didn't know your name, but then you grabbed my hand and I thought maybe you knew me too. Maybe we had shared the vision. It wasn't until you left without asking my name, or giving yours that I realized I was just a stranger to you." Liam had a look of regret and sadness in his eyes. He drew in a deep breath and held it for a moment. Rayne felt guilty that she had tarnished his dream of her somehow.

"After that night, I started really looking for you. I had to find you. I needed to find you," he said, looking into her eyes. "Ástvinur, I know my future, my life is with you. I'm sorry if that is too much, too fast, but as I said, I've been waiting a long time," he finished saying as he kissed her forehead again.

"What does that mean -Ástvinur?" she asked.

Liam smiled, "It's Norse for beloved. You are my beloved, Rayne."

She looked at him, still confused, "How long is a long time?" Rayne asked, arching her eyebrows, " You can't be much older than me. What, you're like 30-35 tops?"

"Umm..well, thanks, but I'm a bit older than that. Actually, I'm a lot older than that."

"Wait, what? How? What are you a vampire or something?" Rayne asked, poking him in the ribs.

"Actually, I'm almost 3,000 years old. I'm not a vampire, and this is where we get back to that part about I can't tell you yet. I'm sorry, darling." Liam searched her face for fear, hatred, doubt, or any multitude of reactions he anticipated her to have. Rayne just stared at him in shock.

She sat in surprise at first and then said laughing, "What the hell do you use for skin cream? Damn you look good for an old guy!

"Wait, you're not upset?" Liam asked in shock. "Hey, did you just call me old? I'm not that old!" He pulled her onto his chest and held her close. "I think I may have to just punish you for that smart-ass comment," he growled softly. Rayne felt her breath catch, Liam's heart pounding in his chest beneath her. She dipped her head down and pressed her lips against his. A slight moan escaped Liam's throat. She let her mouth wander from his lips to his neck and earlobe, her tongue flicking across his skin. "Oh, Rayne, you really must be punished now," he softly chuckled. Before she realized what he was doing, he had flipped her over onto her back and Liam was straddling her. He began unbuttoning her blouse, running his cool hands along her collarbone and chest. He dipped his head low to kiss her deeply, parting her lips with his tongue. She leaned up towards him, wanting more, but he pulled away, trailing his kisses to her collarbone as his hand rubbed across her breast. Rayne moaned as his fingers teased her nipple.