Chapter 39

Mature Content Warning: M/F

Chapter 39:

In the weeks between Ostara and Bealtaine, the palace began to hum with energy and activity. The halls were enchanted with flowers and greenery that grew a bit closer to full bloom every day. Maab was even in a festive mood but kept making rabbit comments about not only Rayne and Liam but most of the inhabitants. The energy of the Sabbats was infectious, and both love and lust filled the very air.

Their days were filled with wedding plans and training. Liam was still shaken after the gello and felt she needed to be prepared for anything. She had gotten stronger in hand-to-hand combat as well as in all her powers. It worried Liam that he still had not been able to return her creation power. He had panicked one afternoon when she was sparring with some of the Tuatha De Danann elves. He had been elsewhere and she had suffered a rather nasty spear injury. When he found her in the healing wards, he was livid. She could hear him yelling all the way to her mother and Maab about getting her power back. He had spent the next two days following her everywhere and being overly protective during training.

Rayne's favorite escape from the bustle of the palace was the lake. Today she snuck away from the kitchens to go swimming. If she had to taste one more cake or dish for the wedding, she was going to scream. Liam had been busy with a project of his own. He wouldn't tell her about it, despite her attempts to persuade him. That man is really good at keeping secrets, she thought, floating in the water. She closed her eyes and listened to the birds and the sound of the water splashing against the rocks. She loved this little spot. It reminded her so much of the lake back in Missouri. Fewer bugs though, she laughed to herself.

Rayne suddenly opened her eyes as she felt something brush along her leg. She peered into the clear water but saw nothing. A few blossoms drifted across the water. She assumed one must have floated against her leg, and quickly forgot the incident.

Ástvinur, where are you - she could hear Liam in her mind, a hint of worry in his voice.

Swimming, she smiled to herself before adding, without a suit.

In a mist of green smoke, Liam suddenly appeared on the bank with a wicked grin on his face. "Oh darling, you do know how to get a man's attention, don't you?" He quickly undressed and stepped into the water with her. As he tried to reach out for her, she splashed him and darted away. "You little vixen!" he growled as he swam after her.

Rayne was a strong swimmer, and Liam found it difficult to keep up with her. He paused to catch his breath as Rayne swam behind him. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed against his back. "Giving up so soon, my love?" she teased. She kissed his shoulders and placed her hands around his stomach. "So where have you been all day?" she spoke softly as her lips brushed along his skin, her hands dipping lower to gently stroke his length. When he tried to turn, she put her legs around him to stay behind him, "You didn't answer my question, love," her touch became more intense.

Liam let out a loan moan as her hand brought his erection to full attention. "I'm working on, ahhhh, your wedding present," he said slowly and drawn out. "Oh Gods!" he inhaled sharply as Rayne's pace began to quicken. "Please, don't stop doing that," he moaned, leaning back into her. The feel of her hand stroking him sent shivers through him. She chuckled softly and nibbled at his ear. He could feel his orgasm drawing close.

"Should I stop," she cooed in his ear, "or keep going?" she punctuated her last question with a quick burst of strokes, making Liam cry out in response.

"Don't...stop...ástvinur," he begged as his climax took him. He came in her hand, shaking and gasping for air, letting a low growl escape his throat. But Rayne didn't stop. Despite his moans, she continued to stroke him.