Chapter 33

It had been almost a month since Rayne's dream and the miscarriage omens had appeared. Megan was now on complete bed rest but seemed to be doing well. Rayne and Liam had taken over the day-to-day business at the shop so Kalli could stay with Megan. If Kalli had to come to the shop, either Rayne or Liam stayed with Megan. Kalli had decided they would not tell Megan about the omens. She felt it would only cause more stress to her already over-taxed condition. Yule was only a few days away, and in typical New York fashion, the city was buried in snow.

Their car had been buried by the snowplows, so Liam and Rayne teleported into the back office. "Why do we even own a car?" Liam smirked. "This is a much more efficient mode of transportation, darling," he added as he pulled Rayne close and kissed her deeply. "We could have stayed home today and snuggled in bed. I seriously doubt anyone is going book shopping in this weather."

Rayne sighed as she listened to his complaint again. He had tried the same excuse this morning when he had tried to pull her back into bed. "It's the holidays, Liam. Besides, New Yorkers are used to snow. They still get out and shop." She rolled her eyes at him as she headed to the front door to unlock it and turn the sign. She hadn't even made it three steps before a customer walked in - told you so - she thought sarcastically towards Liam. It was his turn to roll his eyes at her.

Rayne began dusting and replenishing shelves when she caught a shadow out of the corner of her eye. She turned around to see if a customer had snuck past her. As she walked towards her reading table, she heard a laugh, then saw what seemed to be a pair of glowing eyes peering out from a bookcase. Rayne jumped in surprise. She glanced to look where Liam was and when she turned back, the eyes were gone. Before she could investigate, her next reading client showed up. Rayne took the couple to her table and began chatting with them.

****Mature Content Warning: M/F

The day had been long and busy. She locked the door behind the last customers as they left. Rayne leaned against the door, exhausted. In a few strides, Liam was in front of her, pulling her into a passionate kiss. "Wow, where did that come from?" she giggled.

"Ástvinur, I always want to kiss you like that. Every minute of every day." he crashed his lips against hers again, "I want you, now." His hand ran down her stomach and slipped into her pants. He brushed his fingers over her clit, feeling the moisture begin to soak through her underwear. Rayne moaned softly. A soft pallet of blankets and pillows appeared on the floor behind Liam as all the window shades suddenly closed. Liam let out a low growl as he tugged at Rayne's pants. "I need you," he pleaded as he laid her down on the blankets. Rayne moaned as she felt the bulge in his pants press against her. "Yes, ástvinur, moan for me again." Their clothing vanished as he traced the outline of her collarbone with his mouth, nipping and kissing. He began to trail his kisses lower, brushing his lips over her nipples.

Rayne arched her back as she felt his fingers slip between her folds. He slid them deep as his thumb pressed against her swollen clit. "Oh, god, Liam....don't stop," she whimpered, pulling his mouth to hers. She ran her tongue across his lips, biting and tugging on the bottom one. She felt the warmth in her stomach grow. Liam's fingers began to thread in and out of her warmth more quickly now. He could feel her orgasm breaking over her as she cried out. Before her body could stop pulsating, he climbed on top of her and pressed himself inside of her. She gasped as her insides were still clenching and spasming from her orgasm. He moaned loudly as he continued to thrust deep within her.

Placing his hand under her, he rolled over, pulling her on top of him. She pushed herself up, taking his full length and riding him at a fierce pace. Liam held her hips, crying out her name, he pushed into her. Her walls began to clench around his length as their orgasms ripple through their bodies. Just as Rayne felt Liam's warmth filling her, she felt a sharp ripping pain across her back and screamed. Liam instantly pulled her to him. "Ástvinur, what's wrong - what happened, did I hurt you?" He wrapped his arms around her and quickly pulled his hand back to see the blood that was covering his hand. "Rayne, what the?" Liam turned on the light and saw a large gash across Rayne's back. It started near her tattoo and slashed across to her opposite hip. "Oh by the Gods," he placed his hands over the gash, trying to heal it.