Chapter 55

Bealtaine

The moon began to rise and bonfires were lit all across the fields. The area smelled of herbs and smoke. Rayne and Liam stood on opposite sides of a circle of flames. Her mother, fully clothed as The Morrigan stood now to begin the ritual. She raised her hands above her head and began the invocation:

"We call to the Old Gods and Goddesses, come gather here,

fill this place and those gathered with your spirit.

Bless the land with bounty as the season of the maiden turns to mother, as seeds

spring forth and the land is renewed.

We seek your blessings on this Bealtaine.

Accept the gift of this man and woman and the offering of their marriage bed,

let the two become one as in the old times."

When the Morrigan's hands fell to her sides, a flow of red magic spread across the field. Rayne felt her body surge with power and desire. She stepped through the flames and stood before the bed within the circle. She saw Liam on the other side of the flames, his bare chest heaving. He looked half mad with desire as his green eyes locked onto hers. He smirked slightly and then ran, leaping through the flames to reach her. She watched as he passed the flames easily, his feet landing softly on the grass. Music and chanting swelled around them, the air was sultry.

She stood before the bridal bed adorned in a crown of fresh flowers and a thin silvery gown. She felt her pulse quicken as Liam walked toward her. She could clearly see his erection in his thin pants. He knelt on the ground before her. "I come to you as a God and as your husband, bless me, my Goddess and wife." He leaned forward and kissed her stomach.

He stood and then she knelt before him, "I come to you as a Goddess and your wife, bless me, my God and my husband." She gently kissed the tip of his erection through his pants, making him moan. He pulled her up to him, and she cupped his face in her hands and kissed him deeply. She lifted the chalice from the small altar and took a drink, then tipped the cup to his lips. The potion was thick and sweet. She felt it flood through her spreading a euphoria throughout her body. "Let the two become one as in the old times," she said as she kissed him again.

He reached out and pulled her to him, crashing his lips against hers. Their bodies pressed against one another. They pulled apart long enough for Liam to rip the gown from Rayne and tear off his own pants. He lifted her in his arms and placed her on the bed that had been adorned with flowers and herbs. He climbed on top of her, gently spreading her legs apart. "Let the two become one as in the old times," he said as he thrust inside of her. Rayne cried out as he plunged deep inside her again and again. She could feel the magic in the air and in their bodies. She arched against him and stared deep into his eyes. She could see Liam's true form reflected in his eyes.

She wrapped her legs around him tighter, feeling her skin tingle. She opened her eyes to see them both enveloped in the glow just like the first time they had bound themselves to each other, but this time it was a silvery green color. She pulled Liam's mouth to hers, opening his lips with her tongue. She moaned as his hands cupped her breast, then he dipped his head to suckle and kiss her nipples. Liam flipped her over quickly and pushed her upright, his length burying deeper within her. The glow snapped and popped across their skin as she rode atop him, magic swirling all around them. He clasped her hand in his, intertwining their fingers as he pressed her hips down on him. The glow began to swirl across their skin as their orgasms built. She threw her head backward and let out a loud moan as her walls tightened around Liam. She looked in his eyes and he growled as his own orgasm reached its peak and he spilled his seed deep within Rayne, making her come yet again. Rayne looked down at Liam, smiling when she saw his eyes go wide, "Rayne, look at your stomach," he said in an awe-struck voice.

She looked down to see the green glow swirling in her stomach, before finally fading into her skin. "Wait, does that mean..." she gasped looking up at Liam, seeing the smile spread across his face.

"I think Maab was right about that nursery after all," he said, pulling her close to him. "I love you, Rayne, my wife, my love, my Goddess, and my home."  

Author's Notes:  We have come to the end of book one.  I hope you've enjoyed the journey and will continue with Rayne and Liam.

Vote, comment & follow!