Chapter 31

Mature Content Warning: M/F

A few weeks later, Liam and Rayne were preparing to leave. They had arranged for their return to New York with plans to return at the end of February. Liam was not disappointed in Maab's reaction to their date. The old Queen had rolled her eyes and issued a few explicatives about rabbits. She had even warned Nimuë to start building a nursery or two.

It was a cold day in late November when they teleported back to Rayne's apartment. The place looked recently cleaned as if they had just left. She found a note on the table from Megan and Kali.

     Your mom let us know you were coming. Dinner is in the fridge with a chilled bottle of wine.      Come by the shop tomorrow, we have LOTS to catch up on!

Love,

Megan & Kalli

Liam looked in the fridge and found the pasta; he began to warm it up. "So are we staying here or at my penthouse, darling?" She threw together a salad as he opened the wine to breathe. He leaned over and kissed her, stealing an olive.

"I hadn't really thought about it. I like both places, especially your bathtub," she giggled, "but I'm not sure I could handle giving up my tiny place. I know it's small, but it's cozy."

He looked up from the table, "As I've already told you, my home is with you." He set down the bowl of pasta and came over to the counter. "Have you thought about where you want to live after the wedding? Will we come back here, stay in Tír na nÓg, or find somewhere new?" He poured two glasses of wine and handed her one. "We could have more than one home you know. Money really isn't an issue."

She took a sip of the wine and carried the salad to the table as Liam followed her. "Wait a minute, how do you have all this money anyhow? Do you just conjure it or what?" He laughed at her and kissed her cheek before sitting down. "Well?"

"Rayne, I've been alive for thousands of years. I've picked up a few things about investments. However, I suppose I could conjure money if I needed, I'd never really thought of it before." He smirked at her, his eyes twinkling. "How about we spend tomorrow night at the penthouse so I can gather a few things? I can always end my lease if we don't want to keep it. Besides, we can enjoy one last night in your favorite tub," he gave her a wicked smile and winked. She blushed and quickly took a bite of pasta to hide her embarrassment. That made Liam smile even more and softly laugh. "Ahh, darling, I do love seeing you blush."

When they had finished dinner, Liam led her to the bedroom. Rayne smiled when she saw the fresh rose petals spread across the bed and soft candles around the room. "Now my love, I finally have you all to myself," Liam said as he led her near the bed and began to unbutton her dress slowly. He paused after each button to kiss her neck, then her chest, and finally her stomach as the gown slipped from her shoulders. He nuzzled her stomach, tugging at her panties with his fingers. He nipped at her thighs as he pulled her underwear off. She shivered and ran her fingers through his hair as his mouth found her clit. He knelt before her, caressing her folds with his tongue, making her moan softly. He pulled her closer with one hand at the small of her back as his other hand stroked her thighs before he slipped his fingers into her. He was moving slowly and gently curling his fingers as his mouth sucked and pulled on her now swollen clit. Her legs shook as the warmth spread across her stomach. She moaned loudly, feeling her orgasm build. Liam's fingers began to press harder against her walls and she felt her insides quake and clamp around his fingers as she rode the wave of pleasure to its climax. He lapped at her juices running down her legs, then stood and picked her up in his arms and carried her to the bed.

Liam laid her gently on the bed, then quickly undressed. Rayne reached for him as he climbed atop her. She put her hand behind his head and pulled him to her, their mouths crashing into each other. His tongue pressed between her lips to explore her mouth. He moaned as she slid her hand down to stroke his swollen length. Her fingers caressed him and circled the tip of his cock, directing him between her open legs. He ran his hands along her breasts, pinching at her hardened nipples and running his tongue over them. They both moaned loudly when he began to thrust deep inside her. Their bodies fell into rhythm with one another, arching and thrusting, hungry for each other. Liam pulled Rayne's leg higher around his waist and angled his body to press deep inside her as he felt her walls grasp firmly onto him. She ran her nails across his back as her body shook with her orgasm. Liam put his hands on either side of her head and thrust hard against her hips, moaning loudly. He pressed his mouth to hers as his warmth flooded into her, making his hips twitch and thrust again.