Chapter 30

Mature Content Warning: M/F

Chapter 30

Liam looked at Rayne trying to search her thoughts. "Are you alright? You didn't say anything," he brushed his hand across her cheek. She shivered and blinked rapidly, her breathing becoming strained. Liam could see the panic attack start and knelt in front of her holding her hands, "Rayne, breathe. Focus on my voice and breathe. Try to look in my eyes darling. You are safe. WE are safe, just breathe." She looked into his eyes and he saw that hers were swirling blue. Her fears were overtaking her. He felt her hands getting colder and her breath began to come out in an icy cloud. He wrapped his arms around her, willing his own fire powers to warm her, " Breathe my love, I've got you." He quickly teleported them to the nearby lake, hoping the water would help calm her.

He carried her into the water, talking to her all the time. The water popped and sizzled as it tried to freeze from her powers and became steam from his. Neither power could overcome the other, they were evenly matched. He kissed her lips, lowering her into the water. Her arms began to wrap around his neck and she sobbed against his chest, her body slowly warming up. He gradually decreased his fire as she regained her normal temperature. He held her stroking her hair and kissing her every once in a while. He didn't try to make her talk. He knew she just needed silence and the water.

After a while, Rayne lifted her head, "I'm sorry," she whispered. "I think it all just hit me at once." She kissed him softly, "Liam, why are we in the lake with our clothes on?" she quietly asked.

Liam laughed, "I was making it up as I went along." He held her close, "I can solve the clothes issue." He waved his hand and their clothes appeared on the bank laying out to dry. "Mmmm, much better my love," He tilted her chin up to kiss her deeply. She gasped as she felt his erection press against her. He pulled her close, sheathing himself inside her. He looked into her eyes, "So when are we getting married?" He held her still when she tried to press against him, "Not so quick, darling, you told me I had to wait until our fight with Eris was done, and I did." He pulled her against his hips with a small thrust, making her moan. "So now, I expect an answer," he growled as he thrust into her again. "Tell me when do I get to make love to you as your husband?" He lifted her hips and brought her crashing down on his full length, hitting her walls deep within.

Rayne moaned loudly, gasping for air at the force of his thrust. She clung to him, wanting to feel him explode inside of her. She crashed against his mouth, pressing her tongue between his lips, "Bealtaine, here in Tír na nÓg," she panted as he seemed to press even deeper into her. "Liam, please, I want to come with you, please," she begged as she pressed against her hips grinding on his length.

"Oh I do love when you beg, ástvinur ," he cooed as he began to increase his thrusts, he dug his fingers into her back and shoulders as he came inside her calling her name loudly. Rayne shivered and clamped her walls around him, coming with him. Liam held her tightly and whispered in her ear, "Bealtaine and we become husband and wife, forever." he kissed her wet hair, "thank you, my love." He carried her out of the lake, still buried deep in her warmth. When he reached the shore, he conjured a blanket and laid her down. They spent the remainder of the day making love repeatedly there on the banks of the lake.

As the moon rose, Liam wrapped his arms around her. "So how large of a wedding are we having, and who are we, or for that matter, can we invite? Are there rules about who can come to Tír na nÓg?"

"I don't know, we will have to ask my mother about guests, but I do know I want to marry you even if we are the only two there." She leaned her head back and he kissed the side of her face. "I want a dress the same color as the ballgown you made me, and I want a full Bealtaine bonfire ritual after the ceremony. " She blushed slightly, "unless you aren't comfortable with that."

"Hmmm, two newly married rabbits invoking the fertility God and Goddess on a Sabbat as part of their wedding night...no that sounds about right for us," his laugh was deep and she could feel his chest shake. "Oh, I can't wait to see Maab's face when we tell them the date we picked! Can I tell her, please?" His eyes sparkled in a childlike manner, showing his true mischievous nature. Rayne laughed at his eagerness to antagonize the Fae Queen.

"You really are incorrigible," she teased him. She turned towards him, asking tentatively. "Liam, I love being here with my family, but can we go back to New York for a while? I'd like to spend Yule there. We can come back before Ostara. That would give us two months to prepare for the wedding. Would that be okay with you?" She nuzzled his slightly whiskered chin.

"Darling we can go anywhere you wish," he lifted her chin and kissed her gently. "My home is where you are. But, before we go back to the palace, I have something for you." Liam held his hand out to her and a small ornate silver box appeared. He opened the lid to reveal a delicate silver ring adorned with emeralds. The band looked like tiny branches and the emeralds created a delicate bloom with a moonstone in the middle. "May I?" Rayne nodded and tears of joy streamed down her cheeks as Liam placed the ring on her finger gently.

When he had finished, she threw her arms around his neck and squeezed tightly. "It's beautiful, I love it!" She let go and kissed him quickly, then held out her hand, looking at the ring in the moonlight. It was so delicate and not too large. She loved that he knew she hated gaudy jewelry. She kissed him again and jumped up. "We have to show mother! Oh, and you can tell them the date," she winked at him, grabbing his hand and practically lifting him off the ground she pulled so hard.  

Author's Notes: Well we have a wedding date...