Chapter 4

Five years later……….

“Man that’s the last time I bet that you won’t beat me.” Jack said.

“You would think you had enough experience in the past five years that she can beat you.” Raven said.

“Man it’s got to be embarrassing to be beaten by a girl.” Tiger said.

“Shut up. You didn’t even fight her.” Jack said.

“Because I know she can beat me.” Tiger said.

I sat down at the counter and drunk some Dr.Pepper. All that fighting felt good as my muscles ached. Yes five years since I ran away and I have to say thank god I did. And I put this on my grave that I’m not going back there.

‘We need to have a talk.’ Jaxon said.

“Let’s go. Jaxon needs to talk with us.”I said.

We made our way to the office with all the elders and I was looking like a child in a candy store. To say that I felt these guys were my father was an understatement. I loved all of them over the past years. They cared for me a stranger and brought me into their home with open arms. I owe them my life.

“You called?” I asked.

“There is a pack territory left without an Alpha. There was a war causing the result of all heirs and Alphas being killed but it wasn’t taken over by the enemies. We are in charge but need an Alpha over there so we want you Sofia to be the new Alpha.” Nixon said.

I looked shocked. I didn’t know the first thing of taking care of a pack. I couldn’t even reflect on my own Alpha’s reactions because he wasn’t a true Alpha.

“Thank you. I will not let you down.” I said excepting my responsibility.

Over the years I have learned that once the elders give you something that’s that. There is no negotiation about it. It’s just is.

“Let’s celebrate.”Robin said.

“Where?” Raven asked.

“We could go to the club.” She suggested.

“Nope. Not doing it.” I answered.

“Well let’s have a friend’s night out.”Raven suggested.

“I’ll go for that.” I said.

“Okay but you’re not going anywhere looking like that. Go upstairs and change and do something to your hair.” Robin said.

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. I swear she be acting like my mama-well I wouldn’t know how a mother acted because mine never was there for me. Sure she was there for me when I was young but once I turned 10 and couldn’t shift she disowned me so I disown her.

I put on some black skinny jeans a grayish silver shirt and some jewelry. I put my hair in waves and had a silver head band. This was as good as it was going to get. I walked down the stairs and grabbed the keys to my “baby” and walked outside.

“Couldn’t you have at least put some make up?” robin asked.

“I’m not meeting anybody and you know I don’t like make up that much.”I said.

“But you can meet someone and you don’t want them seein- well never mind you really don’t need make up but I was just saying that a little wouldn’t hurt.” She said.

“Okay I’m going upstairs. Have fun.” I said heading upstairs.

“No I was kidding lets go to the movies.” She said.