Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of an annoying alarm clock. Ugh is it 4:30 already? I could have sworn I just went to sleep. I might as well get up unless I'll get another scar. Well I'm just an omega of my pack. The weak link. And the most hated. I didn't even do anything but here I am being a slave to the whole pack. I get up off of the old broken down bed that I sleep on and got to my bathroom. I take a nice cold shower and go down to the kitchen. Then I remember that it's Jacob's birthday. He is turning 18 and is getting the pack today. I work hard and fast to get breakfast done for all of our 832 pack members. Man am I glad it's Friday. I don't do anything fancy, just make some sausage and eggs with some toast. Once I got done I get ready for school. I look at my alarm clock once again and see that it is 6: 12am. I sneak out the pack house and go to the school library which opens at 3 in the morning. I learned how to sneak around about a year ago. After getting beat every day all day I just couldn't stand it. When I entered the library I was met with a big smile from the librarian. I smiled back and made my way to the romance section.

I picked up a book that I have been for the past 2 days.I started to read from where I last left off. I asked myself 'why couldn't life be the story books?'

I was in deep thought when someone said "You know you come here every day and night."

I jumped at the sound of their voice.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you." The librarian said..

"Oh it's okay." I answered.

How could I let someone sneak up on me? I am such a failure to werewolves.

"So you like books huh?" she asked.

"Yea they are like the only thing I have that make me smile." I answered.

I forgot that I was talking to the librarian and there was a hint of sorrow in her eyes when I looked at them.

"You know you check out books." She said.

"Yea it's just.....that I can't." I say.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Um..... I', late for school." I lied.

She nods her head and I stand up. I put the book back where it was. I then walk out into the halls of my school. Kids were pouring in. I guess I wasn't lying. I stay in the shadows as I go to my classes. I was doing good avoiding people, especially my pack if you don't count the two timed they tripped me up. I was walking up the stairs when I got bumped into someone. I looked up and saw none other than HIM. The shocks were there. No not him. My mate was none other than....Jacob. The new Alpha today. Before I knew it I felt a large pain went up my spine as my back came in contact with the wall. Yep that was going to leave a scar.

"I don't want you. Who would want a pathetic excuse of a werewolf like you as a mate? I Alpha of the Crescent Moon Pack reject you as my mate." He said.

Tears rolled down my face. He dropped me and I didn't know I was off the floor. I stayed there and cried for hours. Then I got a solution. I was leaving. I went home and wrote a note but I didn't even know why I bothered. They weren't going to look for me anyway. I had nothing left in this pack. The one person made for me, my mate rejected me. But once I saw who he was my hope was gone. I guess a small part of me was praying that he would accept me. A very stupid par. I packed a bag with: 3 shirts, 3 pants, 2 short, a jacket, a blanket, and some food. I left the note laying on that dust magnet they call a pillow. I snook out of my room and out the front door. I ran into the forest. I ran until it was dark. I ran until my feet hurt and then I ran some more. I ran until my legs gave out and I passed out. I needed to get away from that hell hole. But I didn't need to think about that. If I'm lucky a group of rogues will tear me to shreds.