Chapter 29

“What Zack?” I asked.

“Your Zack.” She said.

“My brother Zack?” I asked.

“Yes.” she said.

“And why am I the first to know and why aren’t you with him?” I asked.

 “You didn’t like him and I didn’t want you to take away my rank an-“

“I would never take away your rank because of who your mate is. That would be selfish. You deserve happiness just as much as anyone.” I said.

“But if I go I won’t be able to do my duties.” She said.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

“Look even I can’t expect me to hold on. I hate to say this. I mean I really hate to say this. I mean I really really really rea-“

“Okay I get that you hate to say something what is it?” She asked.

“I will be bonded to him and the pack will be bonded to each other.” I said.

“Then what’s the long wait?” she asked.

“I have things I have to do before. And they must be done like now I must apologize to my pack.” I said.

“Don’t worry about it.” She said.

“Thanks. “ I said.

“So….what are you going to do?” she asked.

“I need to get in contact with the king of witches.” I sighed.

“Do you even know how?” she asked.

“Yes. But it’s going to take all my energy to do so.” I said in an exasperated tone.

“Isn’t there some other way?” she asked.

“Well there is the mate way but I don’t feel like making a blood bond.” I said.

“Blood bond?” she asked.

“A blood bond is when two mates go even deeper than the regular mate bond. They put their blood together but the only flaw is that if one dies so does the other. They feel each other’s pain five times more than the regular bond and practically are one.”I explained.

“And why won’t you do this again?” she asked.

“Because it would mean that I wouldn’t be able to think about anything but him and I wouldn’t do my duties and Alpha. And plus if he gets tortured like he did last time then I would feel it like he feels it and…….. It’s just complicates and plus it would be worse with a vampire hint hint Chris since I wouldn’t be able to die. I would only feel the pain. So it really wouldn’t benefit me.” I told her.

“Oh okay. But when are you going to do it. I mean it’s not like you can pray to the goddess.” She said.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her. The full moon of course. It’s perfect and it wouldn’t take my energy. Why didn’t I think of it before?

“You’re a genius. Things like this remind me why I gave you a high rank.” I said

“Than- Hey! That’s not nice.”She said.

“I say it with live. But I mean the full moon. It’s perfect. It’s when I have my highest power and I won’t lose any. When is the next one?” I asked.

“Uh tonight.” She said.

I groaned and went to work. The things I do for my packs safety. But it’s all worth it in the end.