Chapter 7

“That was the best ice cream ever.” Raven gushed.

“Yea they are pretty good aren’t they?” I asked.

“Well lets got to this blasted place –oh I mean pack house.” Robin said.

“You took the words right out of my mouth.”  I said.

I got onto my bike and we drove off. We were minutes away from the pack house when I smelt the scent of rogues. Just as I was about to speed up a wolf sprung towards me. I dodged his attack and laid my bike down. I heard the engines of the cars that followed me stop.

“Where did he go?” Jack asked.

To answer his question we heard growling behind us. We turned around to see three rogues and one was slightly bigger than the other two.  They growled again and I stood there with a smirk.

“Shift!” I commanded my voice full of Alpha authority.

Their body shook and soon three figures stood naked in front of us. Since this wasn’t my first time seeing naked men I didn’t blush like any girl would. I smelt the air and tensed up.

“It’s a diversion.” I snapped.

“What how the hell did you know this soon?” one man asked.

I smirked and looked amused.

“Well I didn’t but I know now.” I answered.

Before I knew it the three wolves shifted and tried to run. We shifted and ran after them. I tried talking to them but they wouldn’t see reason. I tried so hard and it hurt to see that I couldn’t save a person’s mate. It pained me so much. Soon we were fighting and within minutes we killed them.

‘Can we ever get just a nice day where we don’t have trouble on our hands?’ Tiger asked.

‘Apparently not.’ Raven replied.

I said nothing as I went to my bike and grabbed a pair of clothes before changing behind a bush. Once I got done we went straight to the pack house. Just as I walked in I had to dodge being smothered by Jacob. Wait why was he about to hug me?

“I was so worried about you.” He said.

“Why, I am an Alpha and I have my high ranks with me besides you don’t even know me?” I asked.

“Why do you do this Sofia, I know it’s you?”Jacob asked.

“My name is Onix. You are sadly mistaken.” I said slowly.

He reached out to touch me but I dodged with ease. I smelt a familiar scent that I never wanted to smell next to Jacob’s and Zack’s. My parents’. I could tell they were in the pack house and I didn’t want to see them.

“If you are not Sofia then why won’t you let me touch you?” he asked.

“I am an Alpha and I will not act as a male Alpha and sleep around. I am not a whore nor am I a girl that gives herself to men so what respecting Alpha would let another touch her?” I asked.

I could see that he was trying to think of a counter back but I was not going to get caught. I was not weak and pathetic as he said I was. I think back to the day he said those words and I could tell I was getting angrier.

“Alpha I think it is time for you to retire. We did just fight rogues and-“Robin was cut off by a growl from Jacob.

Zack’s POV

I wonder why he is so worried wait I didn’t even notice it. I didn’t even realize what he said in that meeting they way he looked at her. Even he confessed it. He is her mate. But what happened? Is he another reason why she left? The day I told him he was so tense. His eyes changed. It’s true then? He is her mate. But he lied to us. He said that he didn’t find his mate. I don’t even know what to think anymore.

Sofia’s POV

“Hey Onix what’s with the tense Alpha? You didn’t challenge him did you?” Jaxon asked.

“I don’t know why he is like that. I think you should maybe reassign this pack a new Alpha and please don pick me. I got my own pack to think about.” I said.

“Seriously Onix why is he like that?” Nixon asked.

“Well I told you I don’t know. Raven was saying how I should go to bed after our little battle with the rogues that I couldn’t get to stop their ways. And then he just started growling and started shaking.” I said.

I shrugged and began to walk to my room. Tiger, Raven, Robin, and Jack walked behind me and I stretched my arms before walking into my room. I closed the door with my foot but turned around when I didn’t hear it shut. There in my doorway stood Jacob. My body tensed up a little but I relaxed and put on my blank face.

“Yes Alpha Jacob?” I asked.

“Sofia I know it’s you. Stop trying to act like it’s not you.” He said.

“I have no idea who you are referring me to- oh wait Sofia. I do know a Sofia. If I would have known that you were the Alpha I wouldn’t have came.” I said.

“Sofia my wolf is telling me it’s you.”He said.

“Then your wolf is sadly mistaken because my name is not Sofia. It is Alpha Onix.” I said.

My wolf was cursing me out and was biting at the chain that I kept her to. She wanted to run into her mate’s arms. She lifted her head and before she could howl I put a muzzle around her mouth. If she did that then they would instantly know that I was Sofia. I didn’t want that.

‘I’m sorry.’ I told my wolf.

‘Can’t you see our mate wants us? He is practically begging us and you won’t allow us to go to him.’ She snapped.

‘We are not the weak person and wolf we once were. He made a mistake and he as an Alpha must understand that a mistake can cost you your life.’ I answered.

‘He has learned from his mistake. You are being too hard on him.’ She said.

I cut off contact as I notice that I am still in front of Jacob.

“You are arguing with your wolf aren’t you?” he asked.

“Alpha as you know fighting rogues can be tiresome. I must retire.” I said.

He looked deep into my eyes and I couldn’t help but stare. I was glued to the spot. I felt his hand against my skin and the tingles appeared. My eyes went wide and I slammed the door in his face. I locked it and pace the room.

“Open the door Sofia.” He said.

“My name is not Sofia.” I screamed through the door.

He continued to knock on the door and I ignored. Why? It’s my fault that he knows now. Why? I was doing well and I had to let him touch me. I shouldn’t have even talked to him. I should have closed the door in his face and never turned back.

‘He is our mate.’ My wolf argued.

‘A mate that didn’t want us.’ I said.

‘He is paying for it. He is sorry and he wants us.’ She said.

‘He has to learn that a mistake can cost you your life.’ I said.

‘But he has learned. You are being too hard on him.’ She said.

‘Well I’m sorry but I have a pack that needs me and I don’t want to give up my position.’ I said.

‘You will be a stronger Alpha if you had your mate.’ She said.

I couldn’t say anything. I didn’t want to make my wolf madder then she already was. I know that what I was about to say was going to cause her to give me the silent treatment and I can’t stand when she does that. She was the only one that was my true friend and family years ago and I trust her more than I trust myself but I didn’t want him. Well okay maybe I did but I just didn’t feel anything towards him until we touched. But now I feel love sinking in through the barrier I out surrounding my emotions and heart from all males whom I do not know.