Chapter 28

I walked back and forth. My guard was up to the fullest. I should have known that he was the one betraying me.  He was so calm at some points and others he was fidgety. Why didn’t I see it? Why didn’t I?

‘Because we wanted to be with our mate.’ My wolf said.

‘That is no excuse.’ I said.

‘Yes it is.’ She said.

‘Our guard was down. We could had easily found him out if we weren’t focused on Jason……..Chris……..Caine……whatever.’ I said.

“Are you thinking about me?” I heard Caine ask from behind me.

I jumped at his closeness and the fact that I didn’t even know he was in here with me.

“Uh………no.” I said hesitantly.

“It’s okay. I was thinking about you too. That’s why I’m here and we are all alone.” He said getting closer.

“Uh….Caine not now.” I said.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“Uh…y-y…. I ….. “I shuddered.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Uh…they need me. Be right back.” I said and ran out the room.

Once I was down stairs I ran my hands through my hair. This cannot be happening. I feel so different and hot all of a sudden and I wan- I need a shower.

I quickly ran towards an empty spare room and locked myself in.  I jumped in the shower, with my clothes on and turned the temperature icy cold.

The water slide down my body and it calmed me, making those butterflies go away and the feeling in the pit of my stomach disappear.

I sighed in relief and ran my fingers through my hair again. This was so not a good thing. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. It wasn’t supposed to come at all.  I was supposed to just be married to maybe some other wolf and maybe have children, NOT GO INTO FREAKING HEAT!

I growled so loud that the pack house shook uncontrollably and dark clouds formed.

There was a knock on the door and I sniffed the air.

“Sofia are you okay?” Raven asked.

“Do I smell okay?” I growled.

I could hear the gulp go down her throat as her wolf coward back at my power.

“Uh….what do you mean?” she asked.

“Don’t lie right now Raven. I’m not in a very good mood.” I said.

“Uh well maybe you can…um….well you know…with Caine.” She suggested.

‘Yea. We should really do that.’ My wolf said sending images to my head.

I pulled the door open and she took in my soaked state. She looked somewhere between hesitant and fearful.

“Calm down. I’m not gonna bite you head off. I just don’t feel like going through this right now.” I reassured her.

I took a towel from a rack in the bathroom and placed it around my neck.

“Uh you got the whole Pack antsy.” She said.

“Sorry. I got kind of angry.” I said sheepishly.

“Uh…..so what are you gonna do?” she asked.

“I’ll send them to the other pack house.” I said.

“Oh I was thinking….” She trailed off.

“Not now. I can’t. And I don’t think I can. This came at a bad time. If I do I lose my rights as Alpha and I will lose this pack. This pack is and was the only thing that I have to live for and I won’t stand to have it taken from me.” I said as we walked down the hall.

“It won’t happen like that and you know it. You are afraid to be with your mate.” She said.

“That may be true but it’s not that. I don’t want to lose everything for one man.” I said.

“He is your mate.” She said.

And it was then that I noticed the look in her eyes. The sorrow. The hurt. The envy. Envy of who? Me?  I looked at her for a period of time.

“You’ll find him Raven.” I said.

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

“Something you aren’t telling me. Either you want your mate or you found him.” I said.

She looked at me and then at the ground.

“I found him but he doesn’t know it.” She said.

“What? Who?” I asked.

“Zack.” She said and I looked shocked.