Chapter 16

Sofia’s POV

I woke up to the bright sun in my face. The rude awakening was enough to give me a head ache. As I sat up I groaned but threw my legs over the side of the bed.

‘You okay?’ I asked my wolf.

‘Yea just tired. We should practice using our powers more.’ She said.

‘We will once we recover.’ I reassured.

“Onix?” Raven asked.

“Yea.” I answered.

“Oh my god!” she yelled and ran to me.

She gave me a tight hug and I could feel the tears in her eyes but she never shed them. I hugged her back and comforted her.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“We thought we were gonna loose you. You have been out for a week straight. You wouldn’t eat or take any of the medication we gave you. Alpha Jacob has been going berserks and Jack and Tiger won’t eat anymore.” She said almost about to cry.

“It’s okay. My wolf and I just needed rest and we are okay. Don’t feel bad. Now help me pick out an outfit.” I said trying to help cheer her up.

After 10 minutes I ended up in some black skinny jeans and a black v-neck shirt with a leather vest. But of course I would have it no other way. We walked out the room and down the stairs.

When I walked in the living room my attitude changed.

“Okay so y’all really need to get up. This pack would have crashed in rank if y’all are going to do this when things like this happen.” I said.

Everyone’s head popped up at the sound of my voice and their face was filled with joy. I on the other hand held a scowl on my face.

“You all are basically killing yourselves because my wolf and I were recuperating. Go up stairs and wash up and we are going to golden coral and y’all better eat every freaking thing in sight.” I ordered.

Everyone rushed and went up stairs except one person. I looked at him and he looked at me.

“Are you okay?” he asked running towards me.

I put my hand up to stop him. Yes I missed him deeply and I would give everything I had to feel his touch in my skin. Ugh. Oh no. The bond. Oh dear god. The bond.  It’s so much stronger.

“Why? How did you get caught?” I asked.

“I was on a run when I was caught off guard.” He said.

“Were you thinking about me?” I asked.

I hoped to god he wasn’t. Please don’t be. I know I am his mate but to be the cause of him almost getting killed.

“You.” He said.

“*sigh* please don’t think of me when you go back.” I sighed.

“Sofia that is impossible and I’m not going back without you.” He said.

“I’m not leaving my pack and I will not step down as an Alpha.” I sneered angrily.

“Alpha duties are no place for a female and for my mate. Pass it down to another and live with me your mate.” He urged.

“What?! Are you insane? I’m not leaving my pack!”I yelled.

“You are my mate and we need each other.” He growled.

“I have worked too hard to get this together and I will not allow someone else to take credit of what I have made.” I said shaking.

It felt as though I was about to lose control and shift but I had to control myself. The fur in my back turned back into the little hairs they once were. My claws retracted into their regular nails and I took deep breaths.

“I’m sorry Sofia. I really am. My wolf….he wants you. Badly. “He sighed.

Without me even knowing I walked towards him. I don’t know what even got into me. Was it my wolf? No. was it the bond? I don’t think so. Was it me? I don’t know. I was standing in front of him and leaned over. Our lips connected and before I could pull away his arms wrapped around me. Though I had no complaints towards this gesture.

My arms wrapped around his neck and he tried to take dominance over the kiss but I wouldn’t let him. I let myself enjoy this position for a while until I realized what I really just did. I pushed back out of breath and looked at him.

Was I confused? Yes. Most definitely.  Did I regret that I kissed him? No. It was something that my wolf and I needed. I admit. I do need him. Just as much as he needs me but I have responsibilities. I was an Alpha and I wasn’t going to step down from my title.

I looked at him and he showed love in them and I knew he loved me. But the question is not does he love me anymore. No that is not the question anymore. The question is do I love him? Am I ready to get into a relationship with my mate? Do I want to go back to my past? Those are the questions. Do I? Well do I? Of course I want my mate. All weres do at some point.

‘The most important lesson of being an Alpha is to be forgiving. We all make mistakes and we can’t pass judgment upon each other. We as leaders have to learn to be forgiving.’

My fathers’ words ring through my ears like they did when I first started training to become Alpha of this pack. And to think of it that is how my pack got strong. I forgave these rogues and gave them a second chance. Something that their former Alpha didn’t give them. That is why my wolf and I were different.  We forgave and wolves looked up to me and here I am not even forgiving my own mate.  How could I be like this?

“Alpha we are ready.” Raven said.

“We will talk about this latter Jacob. Now come.” I said.

He followed me like a lost puppy out of my house and I felt even better I kissed him and felt his arms around my waist where they were to always to be. It felt good. Oh god did it feel good. But can I find the answers of my internal questions?

~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~~~~

Lol. Thank goodness it is over. No not the book sillies. The chapter. Sorry but I have tests all this week and I have to do them but once its over I will definitely be updating more.