Our last summer- ponyboy

(This was inspired by the song 'Our last summer' by ABBA by the fucking way I think that song should have been in dirty dancing IT WOULD HAVE BENE SO GOOD) anywho

It had been 2 years since I went to live with my grandparents in Florida. It was a hard summer knowing I had to leave everyone I loved especially my best friend ponyboy.

*flash back*

I was running down the street crying. My family had just told me that I was gonna go live in Florida with my grandparents for a bit. I ran all the way to the Curtis house where I always went to if I needed anything.

I run up the porch and open the door to be greeted by 7 amazing faces "HEY Y/N- holy shit what happened??" Asked soda getting up "did a soc do something?? I'll kill them!" Yelled dally "hey guys give her a minute!" Said pony walking over to me

"Y/n whats wrong..." asked pony holding my shoulders. That's when I broke down burying my face in his chest "I'm leaving Tulsa.." I say crying a bit harder.

I felt pony's grip got me get harder holding me closer to him. I felt his tears on the top on my head "no no no no this can't be! I won't let it happen!" He says crying a but harder. I felt the rest of the gangs arms wrap around us. It was a sad day.

*end of flash back*

That summer was one of the greatest I've ever had. We always went to the movies, got into rumbles, ate cake, binged all the Paul Newman movies,went to fairs, but the days always ended with pony and I watching the sunset together. The last day was the hardest for all of us

*another flashback*

I was standing by my dads car waiting for him to come out. I had such a pit in my stomach tears running down my face. I had said good bye to the gang and hour before I left except for pony. Apparently he just couldn't stand to see me go.
I sat on the curb holding my knees to my chest when I here a familiar voice "Y/N!!" I look up and see pony running down the street.

I stone up quickly running towards him "ponyboy!" I yell jumping into his arms holding him close "please y/n..don't leave..." there was a small pause as we where hugging "I-I love you.." I look up at him. His eyes look puffy from crying and he has a slight blush on him face "I love you too pony.." I look deeper into his eyes "y/n I couldn't let you leave without you knowing how I feel and without this.." with that he leans in and our lips Connected.

I felt 100 butterflies in my stomach as we pull away "I'll love you forever y/n don't you ever forget that.." I cup his cheek "I'll love you forever too pony.. I'll write to you every day.." our lips connect one last time before my dad told me to get in the car.

*end of flash back*

I finally make it back to Tulsa after all this time. I got a job and got a car so I could drive back and see everyone. I look at my gas thing and see it was a bit low luckily I look over and see the DX! I quickly pull in and see Steve and soda talking "hey slaking off on the job?" I say they look up and there faces light up "Y/N!" They both yell running to me hugging me "WE MISSED YOU SO DAMN MUCH!" Yelled Steve still holding onto me.

"Guy I need air.." I squeak out they let me go "omg that gang is gonna be so happy to see you OMG PONY HES GONNA BE OVER THE MOON he's been really down in the dumps ever since you left your letter help him tho he always runs to the mail box to see if he has a letter from you" said soda

I smile I've been writing pony letters everyday telling him about Florida and my life and how much I miss him. I tell the boys that I need gas so they help me and we head over to the Curtis house.

We get there and my hands start getting sweaty I look at soda who gives me a nod. We walk up the porch and Steve opens the door "GUYS GUESS WHOS BACK" he yells all eyes land on me and the all stand up "Y/N" yells two-bit and Johnny who runs up and hugs me "WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH KID" yelled Darry "holy shit kid we thought we'd never see you again" said dally getting up.I hug them all then look up at Darry "hey do you mind if I stay here a while? Not for long and I can help with the bills" I say "stay as long as you need you can sleep in pony and sodas room" I nod and walk to the room.

I walked into pony in Soda's room and look around. It hasn't changed in two years all the books are still on the shelf, The clothes on the floor are still in their messy pile. I look down and see a small box with my name on it? I kneel down and open the box.

Inside was all the letters I wrote to pony and Polaroid pictures of us together. I start tearing up, happy tears I wonder if her still loves me?

I get up and run to Darry "Darry where's pony?" I ask "he's probably at the park.. he's never missed a sunset " he says I nod and run to the park.

I get there and I don't see pony. I start walking more and more until I got the hill where pony and I would always watch the sunset. I look up and see the orange/pink sky it was always so beautiful to watch the sunset. I stood there for a second before I heard him "y/n?" I look back and see pony.

He got a bit taller and his hair is a bit longer but it's still him. Tears start forming in my eyes as I run into his arms "pony..I missed you so so much.." I cry. He Burry's his head in the crook of my neck "you have no idea how much I've missed you over the years.." he whispers. We pull away and I look into his deep green/grey eyes, god I miss those eyes so much.

"Pony..do you still love me?" I ask "y/n..I never stopped loving you, I've loved you ever since the day I met you and I'll love you till the day I die.." I smile "I love you so much ponyboy Curtis.." "I love you more y/n y/l/n.." we lean in and press our lips together in a passionate kiss.

—————————————————————-
Literally having the shitiest day ever so hopefully this made yours better :,)