Invasion Chapter 3: The Lunar Cannon of the Lunar Rendezvous

"Gentlemen, it is now a time of life and death for humanity, the invaders who call themselves the Atlantean Empire of the Vega Galaxy are already at our doorstep, in order to reverse the unfavorable situation, we should concentrate all our cosmic fleets and fight an unprecedented battle of rendezvous, we must defeat the invaders and defend our homeland.

This is the final conclusion of the Interstellar Alliance!" Spartan, the Alliance's chief consul, announced. "Marshal Alker will be the overall commander of this rendezvous and, with the right to use any means, this is the final conclusion of the Star Alliance."

Thereupon, the combat staff of the Star Military Alliance headquarters began to report on the battle plan. In terms of strength, the Star Military Alliance has assembled 16 cosmic fleets with a total of 64,210 battleships, in addition, the Global Military General Mobilization Order will commandeer about 30,000 defense fleets of various countries within 2 days, which can be put into battle on the 3rd day of the rendezvous. As for the alien fleet, the first fleet of about 11,000 ships, in addition to the main fleet of about 80,000 ships, is still at the edge of the solar system. Leaving aside the difference in combat power between the two sides, it is basically equal in terms of numbers.

The advantage of the Earth side is that if the battle is fought in the near-Earth space, it can be supported by the ground fire of the Earth and the Moon, and the invention and use of sublight engines and high-energy laser weapons make the ground fire completely reach the space between the Earth and the Moon; in addition, the alien fleet seems to be quite contemptuous of the Earth's power, and the main fleet seems to have no intention to put up a fight and completely The first fleet of 11,000 ships will completely destroy the Earth.

On the alien side, the pure energy shield, which exceeds the level of Earth technology, is a nightmare for all commanders, and the powerful defense makes 80% of the attacks completely ineffective, only laser cannons and nuclear missiles can penetrate the shield and attack the enemy's hull, while the configuration of these weapons is very limited, and the alien fleet, which has mastered FTL navigation, may enter the battle at any time.

Based on all of the above, Earth's battle plan is to use the enemy fleet's pride to lure it into the airspace between the Earth and the Moon, and to use ground firepower to conduct supersaturated strikes to deplete the energy of the opponent's shields, and then to conduct a second wave of strikes with ordinary ships, mainly destroying the opponent's light ships, because these ships, at this time, are likely to be unable to resist the attack, while the large main ships equipped with heavy firepower and nuclear missiles The second wave would be a devastating attack on the enemy

At the same time, two fleets were sent to counterattack Mars and Jupiter bases in order to hold the enemy's main fleet in check.

Tactically speaking, there is no obvious mistake in this battle plan, however, it was not implemented in its entirety. Because, while the 4th and 5th fleets, which were responsible for luring the enemy forces, had not yet departed, the vanguard of the Atlantean Empire's expeditionary fleet had already approached the lunar bases from the back side of the Moon, and the original plan of a dual ground fire strike on the Earth and Moon had become a moot point.

"The third wave of long-range missile attacks has already been sent out, and so far no major blow has been dealt to the enemy fleet, Your Excellency, there is no point in attacking at this level," Commodore Huo Xin, the chief of staff of the lunar base, suggested to the commander of the lunar base, Vidis. When the enemy fleet approaches, their powerful fleet firepower will destroy our defense"

"Although the moon cannon is very powerful, but, it consumes too much energy, if attacked once, it will not be able to be used again in the short term," Lieutenant General Vidis was still hesitating.

"Your Excellency, if we don't use it now, then it is likely that we will never have the opportunity to use it. The moon base now has no air control at all, and the enemy can destroy our ground defenses with fleet fire alone. We must use the moon cannons to deter the enemy fleet and force them to resort to landing battles. Only then can we possibly hold out a little longer. The original plan for a lunar rendezvous is bankrupt.

All we can do is to hold on, after 4 hours, the Star Military Alliance's fleet assembly can be completed, if the enemy fleet orbits over the main base, by then, it will be caught in the predetermined battlefield, and in that case, the 4th and 5th fleets, which act as decoys, will join the attack, although without the lunar fire support, the count is still equal. Conversely, if we are defeated within four hours, the Earth side will still not be able to enter the intended battle," said Brigadier General Huo Xin in a calm analysis.

"All right," Lieutenant General Vidis finally showed a firm gaze, "order the moon cannon to be activated immediately."

The moon cannon is a giant high-energy laser cannon built by the Interplanetary Development Alliance with a lot of manpower and resources, and due to its late construction, its power is 30% more than the same type of cannon on Earth.

It was due to Commodore Huo Xin's correct advice and Lt. Gen. Vidis' decisive order that the moon cannon finally fired one second before the enemy's guns opened fire. 12 turrets instantly sent out 12 huge energy beams that broke through the First Fleet of the Atlantis Empire in a flash. The beams finally struck the shields of the main enemy ships, and after a few seconds of confrontation, the beams and shields were depleted, but the enemy ships' gun attacks were thus halted, and only a few ships that had not been hit sent less powerful fire at the base

Shocked by the power of the lunar cannons, the Atlantean fleet, which had run out of energy, finally retreated, the first retreat of the invasion fleet since the war began, and the enemy's offensive was finally suspended

"Thank God they finally retreated, it's impossible for the moon cannon to fire again within 4 hours, if they keep attacking, I don't think we can do anything at all, the next ship cannon flurry will turn the whole base into ashes." Vidis let out a breath.