Escape Chapter 15: The Retreating Man

"The Guardian was calm, but the Dinosaur was the focus of the revival party, and with the push from behind the scenes, the rioting crowd was overwhelmed and finally stormed the bridge.

"Why did you do that?" Huo Xin and Sun Ming sat in the conference room, isolating the noise outside the door, outside the door, Maguire commanded the officers trying to keep the crowd out.

Sun Ming took off his glasses, "When did you know it was me"

"Oh, it was confirmed from when Dibit made the affirmation that the group of soldiers who announced they were joining the revival party were also the ones you had commanded before. What you did is really a bit bold, can you give me a reason? This kind of thing is not good for the continuation of Earth civilization. With your wisdom, you should understand that the bad nature of human power struggle has been reignited by you, and civilians against the military are the seeds of unrest in the long run."

"I am an illegitimate son of a Chinese family," Sun Ming's tone suddenly became very high, "I grew up in the slums, where I learned the first truth of the world before I was 12 years old, that the weak are strong. I lived in those families for four years and soon learned the second truth, that the world is a world of smart people and stupid people can only be trampled underfoot."

"Then I started college, choosing mathematics and astrophysics, and joined the Science and Technology Club, which is where I met Dibbett. Then I gradually realized that I couldn't concentrate on science; I just wanted to prove that I was better and better than everyone else, and that life without struggle was tasteless. I declined my mentor's invitation to continue my education and returned to the family."

"Song Jie arranged for me to enter the army, and soon, the Elders began to pay attention to me. Gradually, as Song came to the fore, many of the group's behind-the-scenes matters were handed over to me, and Song Jie also valued me, and without incident, I was Song Jie's successor, the spokesman for the world's largest behind-the-scenes power, the Chinese Group" Sun Ming's face revealed a smile

"The arrival of the Atlantis Empire broke the balance of everything, but what this brought me was a greater opportunity. The Elders planned the escape plan, but Song Jie took the advantage of holding the executive power and arranged his own plan from it. No matter whose plan it was, I was an indispensable and important person because I was responsible for implementing all the specific matters, including controlling the Guardian and the Gods, and the Chinese group used all the resources, originally, in Song Jie's plan, I was the leader of the escape fleet. I am fully capable of this, but damn it, you people suddenly appeared" Sun Ming suddenly turned pale.

"After Song met you guys, he decided to give you the Ark Fleet that belonged to me. In his words, I am too young and, having not really been in battle, not as suitable as you, he said you are the only person for the job," Sun Ming became agitated and started panting heavily

Huo Xin picked up a glass of water on the table and handed it over.

Sun Ming took the glass of water and drank it all in one go, before his breathing slowly returned to normal

"I'm really surprised that you can really make me feel oppressed. Even in front of Song Jie, I wasn't that stressed. Why is it that after I ran into you, my usual calmness and ability to plan has been repeatedly thwarted." Sun Ming was a bit agitated again, so he paused for a moment and slowly calmed down

"I am indeed no match for you. After the destruction of the Gods, I finally agreed with Song that it's not a difference in ability, I should say it's a matter of attitude. You have a more objective stance, able to grasp the real situation, and able to follow the actual needs when making decisions without relying on any ideas or desires."

"It's experience." Huo Xin said, "You are not yet 30 years old, I am already 46. The time difference of close to 20 years is not compensated by talent, although you are indeed very good in talent."

"No, you are not better than me, it's just that the battlefield is not my best stage after all, and the current situation is proof that I am the winner." Sun Ming retorted.

"You have a point in saying that."

Sun Ming interrupted Huo Xin once again, "I don't want you to hand out victories, you had the chance to fight me in this one, Faye has taken control of the Guardians, if you had started dealing with me when Dibit made his statement, I wouldn't have had the chance to talk to you here. These revivalists, they can be easily taken care of, if it were me, I would only need a brigade to suppress them."

Huo Xin did not speak, silently staring at Sun Ming until he calmed down again, "Earth civilization is now at a very delicate stage, the original national system was all completely broken in this disaster, it can be said that the Atlantean Empire helped us complete the last step of global integration. The Earth civilization now seems like a blank sheet of paper without writing, how to establish a reasonable social system is the biggest challenge to our development, in the future for a long time, our first priority may be to develop technology and military power, the goal of counterattacking the solar system will affect us for several generations. From the point of view of efficiency, the former democratic politics will certainly constrain us.

However, it would be very dangerous indeed for the military to have too much power, not in line with the principle of checks and balances of power. I seem to have reached the limit of my wisdom, and an incident of serious conflict between the military and civilians is like a drop of blood on a blank sheet of paper, causing an effect that will never dissipate, an effect that could well bring a fatal disaster to Earth civilization, which is why I have been reluctant to use force."

Although you have some immodesty, not enough levity, but, it is all in a particular environment to produce. By all means, you are longer than longer in planning and arranging, moreover, you are also more familiar with political struggle, and should be more suitable to lead the future Earth civilization."

"What do you mean?"

"I have already said that my wisdom has reached its limit, and any further is a decline. I still want to wait until I have settled down again, and also let you gain a little more experience, but the current situation is the time for me to draw back, with me as a stepping stone, you can definitely solve this incident smoothly, Rogers like jumping clown can not stop you. Faye's side will also not make any mess, Yamamoto is aware of my thoughts." Huo Xin said indifferently, got up and walked towards the door.