Homeland Chapter 5: The Nightmare Revisited

In September of the year 31, in the farthest reaches of the desert system, the third phase of the expansion of the Sand Star Space Fleet's Icefield Base was underway, and most of the base staff were busy with the construction work, except for the new recruit, Sergeant William, who was assigned to the monitoring room.

"Drop" radar sounded, William raised his head, the farthest from the desert galaxy "wanderer" 156 probe found an unnamed flying object, speed below the speed of light, William did not care, this kind of thing almost every day, something below the speed of light It can't be anything dangerous, it's just a meteor at most. William thought so, stood up and went to make himself a cup of coffee, about two minutes, when he turned back, but was horrified to find that half the radar screen was filled with small bright spots.

This is a hell of a thing, William thought, and opened the image mode of the 156 Wanderer, countless battleships of the universe fleet, "Oh my God," William exclaimed, opened the communicator, "Captain Les. This is Corporal William on duty in the surveillance room. Something's wrong. There's an invasion fleet."

"What? You're sure," Captain Rice said, turning on his helmet's communicator.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure," William said, recovering and calming down. "Speed is light, number is more than 50,000, currently located at u23758d29861s476, approaching the desert system, definitely a combat ship from the looks of it."

"Damn, immediately pull the emergency alarm, send a red alert to Cosmic Fleet Command, and make an urgent report to His Excellency the Consul, I'll be right there." Captain Les threw down the tools in his hands and ran towards the base command.

"Oooh," the mournful siren sounded over the ice field base.

Five minutes later, at the Sandstar Defense Headquarters at the North Pole of Sandstar, the new Consul and Commander-in-Chief of the Cosmic Fleet, Krinan, the Fleet Advisor former Consul Faye, and the Elder House Yamamoto held an emergency video conference, with the commanders of Sandstar's three major Cosmic Fleets in attendance.

"The situation of the fleet invasion has been fully confirmed, the information obtained from the aggregation of the information from the three sides of the ice field base, the 16th patrol and the 52nd exploration team is: first, the number of the invasion fleet reached 67,000 ships; second, the invasion fleet broke into our domain by regular navigation, and no FTL jumps were made in the last 24 hours; third, the invasion fleet Third, the invasion fleet has not launched an attack for the time being, the 52nd exploration team has approached each other without being attacked, but we have not received any reply to the communications sent; fourth, and the most important point, according to the analysis of the profile data, the invasion fleet and the Atlantean Empire warships match up to 90%" said Krishnan, "according to the current invasion According to the current speed of the invasion fleet, it will enter the periphery of the desert system in one hour. Now, I need your advice."

"Request for direct attack", the commander of Dinosaur Fleet, one of the three cosmic fleets, immediately stated his attitude, "Ignoring our warning message can be regarded as an act of aggression, from this point on we occupy a reasonable position, and the possibility that the opponent is the Atlantis Empire fleet is extremely high, for the Atlantis Empire fleet, there is no room for anything but a head-on conflict"

"Agree to attack" the commanders of the Gods fleet and the Guardians fleet immediately echoed the opinion.

"According to the last war with the Atlantis Empire, our army's combat strength is 4:5 compared to the invading army, and the total number of ships of the three fleets is 50,000, which is also at a numerical disadvantage compared to the invading fleet. I am in favor of a pre-emptive strike, using suddenness to seize the initiative and narrow the gap between the two sides' strengths."

"Yes," Krishnan listened while turning his attention to Faye and Yamamoto.

"According to the profile data analysis, the invasion fleet and the Atlantean Empire warships match up to 90%" Krishnan's voice echoed in Faye's ears, did God really refuse to spare us? The last time was like this, the Earth civilization was destroyed on the eve of the outbreak, and this time is again, the Sand Star civilization will be blocked in the final stage of the top?

If we had another 10 years, we would have had more than a 50% chance of winning even against an invasion fleet twice as large, but these 10 years, these 10 years of the curse.

"Attack, I suggest a direct attack, we can't afford to lose." Yamamoto spoke up and turned his head to look at Faye, "What do you think?"

"An all-out attack" said Faye, "I suggest an all-out attack, the numerical gap between the two sides must be eliminated in the first attack, and at the same time, issue a general mobilization order and prepare for a universal war."

"Yes," Krishnan finally made up his mind, "Dinosaur Fleet and Gods Fleet will take off from the base immediately, Guardian Fleet will take off from the South Pole base, and finish assembling in 20 minutes, Guardian and Gods Fleet will jump to the periphery of the ice planet, and form up to block the enemy, Guardian Fleet will maintain the frontal After the battle begins, the dinosaur fleet will jump to the enemy's flank and jump directly into the enemy line to break the attack. If you can't destroy more than 20% of the enemy troops within 1 hour of the battle, order the ice field base to use the fortress cannon to hold the enemy troops, and the fleet to leave the battlefield and go to the swamp star space to standby."

"Understood," the three fleet commanders replied, and the images disappeared from the communication screen.

"Chief of Staff, concentrate all the antimatter currently available, 500 assault ships to load them, and organize a death squad of 1000 navigators and pilots to assemble in the swamp star space, I want to command them personally", Krienan ordered quietly to the Chief of Staff.

"You," the chief of staff hesitantly looked at Krishnan.

Yamamoto turned to the chief of staff and said, "Save two seats for us in your death squad."

"Why are you doing this?" Krishnan looked at the two gray-bearded elders.

"Hey, we do not stop you, you do not stop us, you can afford to die, the two of us can naturally also die. As for the matter of opening the warship, the two of us will not be worse than you." Faye laughed.

"I understand," Krishnan nodded firmly, "besides the situation may not be that serious, maybe the first strike can defeat the invasion fleet, after all, we are very different from 30 years ago"

"Get in range, fire!" At the command, ten thousand guns were fired, and for the first time, the Sandstars' cosmic fleet showed its sharp attack in the vastness of space, in full view of 450 million of our fellow citizens!

"99% hit rate" the frontline observer immediately reported the result.

"Ah," hearing this report, Faye and Yamamoto could not help but look at each other, similar to the situation in the first battle of Pluto 30 years ago, both of them read the deep fear in each other's eyes."