Invasion Chapter 4: Ground War of the Lunar Rendezvous

The battle began to continue, avoiding ground fire, and a light landing ship appeared, landing far around the lunar cannons

Adopting Brigadier General Huo Xin's advice, the lunar defense forces gave up using anti-aircraft fire to stop the enemy landing, because in any case, it was impossible for the lunar forces that lost air control to stop the enemy landing, and, moreover, overstimulation might lead to a second attack by the enemy fleet. Dragging enemy ground forces into the mire of melee is more in line with the strategic intent of stalling for time

Originally, the defense forces had already placed a large number of induction mines at the enemy landing sites, but, discouragingly, the Atlantean Empire's land forces were fully hovering equipped, and not a single soldier had actually set foot on the moon's soil. In just a few minutes, a large number of Imperial troops had already swept through the minefield and were advancing towards the battery.

"All battery base defense artillery fire, the 1st and 2nd heavy armored divisions assault the enemy troops in Battery 3, the 3rd and 4th heavy armored divisions assault the enemy troops in Battery 4, 102 and 105 light mechanized troops flash the other flank of the enemy troops in Battery 3, b6 and b8 light infantry divisions flash the enemy troops in Battery 4, our main objective is to hold the central base of the moon, Battery 1 and Batteries 3 and 4 on the left and right flanks; the rest of the batteries will be allowed to be abandoned by the defenders if necessary, but they must be blown up before they can be evacuated." Lieutenant General Vides laid out the plan for the defensive counterattack.

Thus, the first ground battle finally began. The Earth forces, which were originally far behind their opponents in terms of space fleet, did not expect to achieve results in the ground battle at all, and trading lives for time was the main combat policy, but, unexpectedly, in the space battle, the pure energy shields of the invasion forces were not configured among the marines at all, and the invasion forces relied on alloy armor in terms of protection. Although there is still a huge strength gap between the two sides in terms of attack power, but, for the alloy armor, the Earth forces are confident to defeat.

A tenacious assault by the 16,000 heavy combat vehicle armored division disrupted the Atlantean Empire attack, and there was a clear break between the enemy's high-speed assault motorcycle units and the medium-speed fighting battle droids. The commander of the 1st Armored Division, Colonel Faye, decisively assaulted and cut off the invasion force's array, and the 2nd Armored Division immediately besieged the retreat of the motorcycle units and surrounded them under the defensive fire of Battery 3. And the 1st Armored Division resolutely returned to the division and intercepted the invading army's fighting robot troops, and the bloody battle began.

The 1st Armored Division, which was the front of the attack, had already suffered heavy losses, and the fast armored car units that penetrated at high speed were almost wiped out, but instead of asking the fast units to return and participate in the blockade, Colonel Faye ordered them to continue the onslaught and cut through the combination between the opposing heavy fire support units and the fighting robots again after a parabolic detour. At the same time, Faye organized the heavy armored fighting vehicles to spread out horizontally, forming a great wall of steel, blocking the fast-approaching fighting robots with ferocious main guns of the fighting vehicles.

Even without energy shields, the strength of the Atlantean Marines was actually comparable to that of Earth's armored forces. , the

However, the left and right flanks of the invading army had already attacked in front of the combat vehicles, first a wave of close range ground missile attacks, ahead of Earth civilization missiles with a speed close to 110 times the speed of light, almost no acceleration process, hit the protective armored vehicles in an instant, so the 1st Armored Division lost half of its protective forces, and the heavy artillery combat vehicles had not had time to adjust their gunfire range, those horrible fighting war robots had already rushed into the formation Their firepower was completely comparable to rocket launchers, only to see the countless fire points on the shoulders, chests, heads, and legs of the robots shining brightly, and the iron curtain-like fire net enveloped the entire battlefield.

"Send out our armored soldiers to start a fighting battle, heavy artillery fighting vehicles back, adjust firepower." Faye sent out fighting troops in time.

The armored mechanical soldiers in Earth's armored forces were robots operated by combatants, and these robots were equipped with melee firepower and laser machines, which were weapons similar to laser swords. However, such combat robots were simply unbeatable in front of the invading robots, whose lightning speed disappeared in a flash, and then, a fatal blow to the back. Three armored brigades of 9,000 armed robots were completely defeated by 1,000 invasion army robots in just five minutes

But the 5 minutes finally allowed the heavy artillery combat vehicles to send out a second wave of attacks, and the invasion robot forces suffered even greater losses, with more than 200 giant figures falling down. Strangely, the remaining 700 or so robots immediately retreated.

"Not good, the enemy's heavy firepower support troops" Faye snapped to attention

The only heavy artillery unit that had posed a threat to the invading robots so far was wiped out, and the retreating armored brigade was not spared either.

Before the smoke cleared, the huge figures of the invading robots emerged from the fire again

"Group rocket fire" Faye had to use his last resort, "What about the 2nd Armored Division, has it eaten the other side's motorcycle units?"

"Report sir, just received the news, the enemy motorcycle troops were eliminated more than 80%, but the remaining enemy troops broke through the defense network of No. 3 battery and occupied No. 3 battery, the 2nd Armored Division is retaking No. 3 battery"

"What? Hell, where are my fast armored vehicles? Why aren't they interfering with the enemy's heavy firepower units"

"The fast armored units have been hit by heavy long-range fire and have been routed"

Of course, it wasn't always bad news that came, the powerful firepower of the group's rocket artillery team finally suppressed the invading army's fighting droids, although not as powerful as the heavy artillery's destructive power, the fire net of the two attack echelons finally managed to seal the opponent's route. But, what about the enemy's heavy firepower units? The second wave of heavy firepower attack, which will come at some point, became the sword of punishment hanging over the First Armored Division's head