Escape Chapter 7 - Deadly Chess

July 2, 2016 AD, should be a time for people to enjoy the sun and ice cream, of course, if that didn't happen on Earth

Huo Xin sat on the bridge of the Dinosaur, his face was ugly, his eyes were red, he hadn't had a good sleep in a long time

"Here we go again, the first chase force jumped into this space, about 5 hours away from us. The left rear 37 degrees, zenith 8 degrees" communication screen appeared Sun Ming, "according to the usual, within 3 hours, the rest of the troops will definitely block us"

"Phew," Huo Xin took a deep breath and closed his eyes

In a few days, after the Ark fleet escaped from the invasion army by the third FTL jump, the Ark fleet was soon discovered again by an Atlantean fleet, and within the next 14 hours, a large number of invasion fleets arrived one after another, and Seeing that it was about to fall into the siege again, Huo Xin decisively started the FTL engine for the fourth time and left the space before the siege closed.

The fourth jump of the Ark fleet reached a galaxy 40,000 light-years away from the solar system, but the jump did not bring any trouble to the invasion army's tracking, and it only took 9 hours to force Huo Xin to jump again.

The Ark fleet, which had completed its fifth jump, searched for a semi-liquid planet called "poop pool" in space. The Ark fleet hid in that semi-liquid planet for 2 days, and the invasion fleet did not find it, but the ships arrived one after another, so the Ark fleet did not dare to leave. On the third day, the invasion fleet started to search the surrounding area with the fleet jump point as the center. Huo Xin had to leave the hidden planet suddenly and left the space as fast as possible.

The sixth space jump bought only 5 hours for the Ark fleet, and this one was the most frustrating for everyone, as Lieutenant General Huo Xin did not bring a new escape plan like the previous ones. Faced with the invasion fleet that could not be gotten rid of, the three giant ships wandered for 5 hours, only to wait for the invasion fleet to reappear, and then hastily jumped away, as if the game would last forever!

Huo Xin knew in his heart that this game would always end, because the Atlantean Empire was becoming more and more familiar with their escape mode, 7 FTL jumps, the invasion fleet found that the time to encircle them was getting shorter and shorter, perhaps, in a certain jump soon, there would be several troops to track them at the same time, then, there might be no chance to make FTL jumps again, and now, there was only one last solution. Huo Xin opened his eyes

"Sun, do you have any solution" looking at the screen Sun Ming, Huo Xin asked, he knew that this young man has always had a confrontation with himself, of course, in terms of cooperation with his own orders, he did a perfect job, it is difficult to imagine that without his accurate monitoring and calculations, the "Ark " fleet could have escaped so many times the closing siege

Sun Ming said slowly, "There is a final method that you should have thought of. However, whether it will work or not depends on luck and, once it fails, there is no room for redemption"

Huo Xin silent, for a long time, sighed, "the situation is now irreparable, can only gamble, let Faye, Maguire, they all pick up the signal, emergency meeting"

"The situation now, everyone has any good way," Huo Xin asked.

"No" Faye, who still had a bandage on his head, was the first to speak, "Don't hold back, if you have it, you have it, if you don't have it, we don't have much time to waste, Your Excellency, do you have any plan"

"Well, I will not waste time, my plan is to jump to the next space, and then as soon as possible to find a planet suitable for human habitation, put the civilians down, and then, we will return to the universe and then escape. The Atlantean Empire shouldn't have the ability to determine how many of us there really are yet."

"But, finding a planet in the universe that can be suitable for human habitation is not an easy task, otherwise, the Atlantis Empire would not have run from the Vega system to the solar system. Moreover, we have been fleeing for more than 40,000 light-years, and we have not found a habitable planet," Yamamoto said.

"But we have no other better way. If we don't find it once, we'll find it a second time, and if we don't find it a second time, we'll find it a third time until we find it or we're wiped out," Sun Ming replied.

"Understood," said Faye, "I'm the one who should have died a few times and don't care where I end up."

"I don't care, agreed" said Maguire, with a sudden color in his eyes that gave Sun Ming the illusion that he was originally seeking death.

"I have no problem with that," Yamamoto replied.

"All right, the eighth space jump in seven minutes," Huo Xin's order

Three huge foreign objects cut through the silent stars and rushed toward this space.

It has been 5 minutes since the jump order was given, Huo Xin looked at the timer on the table

"Sun, why do I feel that this jump seems to be much slower," Feiye first said doubts.

"After entering the FTL program, the computer is responsible for everything, but there is no problem with the program.

"It's not good," the screen suddenly cut into the image of FTL expert Dibit, "It's not good, the engine is"

"Calm down," Sun Ming yelled.

"Oh," Dibbitt finally quieted down.

"What's going on, Mr. Dibbitt," asked Huo Xin.

"The kbs component of the FTL engine, due to the long continuous use, may be related to the insufficient melting point of the alloy, perhaps because the cooling system is not strong enough." Dibit said

"FTL engine failure," Faye interrupted his incoherent speculation.

"Well, in simple terms, it can be understood that way, but the situation is still very complicated."

"The kbs is a core component," Sun Ming interjected, "can it still be repaired?"

"It's completely burned and melted, it's impossible to fix it, unless we make a new one"

"All of them are broken," Sun Ming asked.

"Yes, the Dinosaur and the Guardian have the same engine, and the Gods, although produced separately, have the same problem"

"That means we can no longer jump at FTL" Yamamoto interjected.

"Warning space, fluctuation left front 60 degrees, zenith 3 degrees"

"Alert space, fluctuation right front 5 degrees, zenith 11 degrees."

"Alarm space, fluctuation right back 70 degrees, zenith 16 degrees."

"Oh my God," looking at the crazy beating space detector, Yamamoto finally sat down in his chair, "this is simply a dead game."