Invasion Chapter 13: The Rule Changers

It turns out that Colonel Maguire studied the energy shields and found that if the thrusters were also backed by energy shields, then the energy ejected by the thrusters would be neutralized with the shields and it would be impossible for the ship to gain forward momentum. It was inferred that the thrusters would be the Achilles' heel of the invading warships. However, the unsubstantiated reasoning failed to gain the approval of the command, because the Atlantean Empire's technology was so far ahead of Earth's that no one was sure if they had the solution to this contradiction.

In the midst of the melee, the Earth fleet was not given the opportunity to prove Maguire's theory, but when the situation finally came to a critical moment, "Space Eagle" Maguire commanded his fleet of aces to fly at 110 times the speed of light, trying to control the fighters was simply impossible, and the moment they swept past the enemy line, they could only drop bombs, it was impossible to make any It was impossible to make any evasive maneuvers, so the matter of life and death was left to the gods of fate, and many of the bombers crashed into the shields of the enemy ships and turned into cosmic dust.

Just as the pilots disappeared into the darkness, a batch of tactical nukes suddenly flew from the lunar surface, dealing another heavy blow to the invasion fleet.

In the next second, the Earth's ion cannon array was recharged and the deadly beam fell on the Imperial fleet like the hammer of Thor.

The second "Trident" strike was decisive for the Atlantean Empire's First Fleet, as a large number of ships were torn to pieces by the powerful cannon fire during the successive attacks on the energy-depleted shields, and the balance of the battlefield was finally broken. The invading fleet no longer had the strength to charge, and had to start contracting its formation for a defensive battle.

At this time, on Earth, 50 years of peace was completely broken, the entire planet was in chaos. After the "Atlantean continent" "Gods" in the Atlantic Ocean, the "Dinosaur" hidden in the China Sea and the Houston Space Center "Several giant ships flew through the air, and everywhere they passed, the general public thought it was an alien fleet invasion and a riot; some people thought it was a secret weapon of the Earth Army, and the whole city was in a frenzy, people poured into the streets and cheered to the giant in the sky.