Homeland Chapter 7: The Legend of the Invading Army

"Mechanical civilization and intentional civilization are just two ways for intelligent beings to evolve." Sand Star Defense Headquarters, the officials led by Consul Krinan and Senators Faye and Yamamoto were indulging in fantastic legends, and the recorder quickly jotted down every word he heard, a moment that countless people in the world had dreamed of, and it would be hard to have another chance in their own lifetime.

"In the early stages of civilization development, there is no doubt that mechanical civilization is superior to intentional civilization. Obviously, using external objects is easier to master than using oneself, and exercising the limbs is simpler than exercising the mind: when the Wind Star people were only able to use their minds for simple communication, the Thunder Star people were already using a more perfect language system; when the Wind Star people learned to use their minds to accelerate the growth of plants, the Thunder Star people had already started large-scale agricultural cultivation; when the Wind Star people could use their minds to move objects, the Thunder Star people The new stone tools had already reached the level of art. The progress of the Wind Star people was slow, while the Thunder Star people were like meteors. About 30,000 years ago, the Thunder Star people began to use bronze, writing, and the population exceeded 300 million, and the Thunder Star civilization went beyond the primitive stage, while at this time, the Wind Star people were less than 100 million, telepathic communication had just matured, people could barely solve the food problem, and the Wind Star civilization had just entered the primitive middle stage.

"In the past 20,000 years, the Thunder Star civilization broke through the simple tool stage, a variety of complex devices were invented, only in terms of power, people rely on the wind, animal power and other natural forces, which is the cold mechanization stage of mechanical civilization; the same era of the Wind Star civilization finally broke through the primitive stage, with the three skills of proximity telepathy, prophecy, nimble power as a symbol of The stage of superpower came.

"The progress of civilization happens geometrically, the later it is, the faster it explodes, and this law has nothing to do with its type. The Thunder Star civilization crossed the cold mechanization stage in only 7000 years, about 3000 years ago, the steam engine was invented and widely used, the thermal mechanization stage came, the Thunder Star civilization ushered in a new revolutionary era again, due to the law of civilization outbreak made the gap between the two civilizations more obvious, during these 7000 years, the Wind Star civilization did not make a substantial breakthrough, only perfected the three skills, achieved Long-distance sensing power, more accurate prophetic power, more powerful numinous power."

"Civilization has developed to this stage, the essence of mechanical civilization evolution is the use of external objects, this essence has put a deep mark on the world of mechanical civilization humans. Mechanical civilization believes that humans are the masters of nature, everything created by nature is a tool for humans, and humans should conquer nature. Thus, conquest and possessiveness became the traits of the Thunder Star people. In the history of the Thunder Star civilization, wars have almost never stopped, from the primitive stage of fighting each other with stones and sticks to cold weapons, from the cold mechanized era to the hot mechanized era. When the mechanical civilization reached the middle of the thermomechanization stage, human beings mastered the great ability to transform nature, excessive exploitation of resources, serious environmental pollution, and ecosystem disorder. However, the essence of the Raystar people as a group did not change, and they believed that human beings were always conquerors, and their powerful ability could overcome all difficulties and solve all problems. Thus, the evolution of the Raystar people's spiritual world stagnated"

Before the eyes of Faye and others emerged the oil-drenched sea of the Earth, the gray sky, the silent forests, the Earth civilization did not transcend the weaknesses of the mechanical civilization, and beneath the surface of the Sand Star civilization, surged an undercurrent of stagnation in the evolution of the spiritual world

"700 years after entering the age of thermal mechanization, at the cost of environmental destruction, the Thunderstar civilization leaped again and entered the stellar system stage. This leap was decisive not only in Thunderstar, but also in the history of Windstar, because for the first time the Thunderstar people landed on their brother's homeland

"Although the civilization of the Wind Star people's ideas still lagged behind the Thunder Star civilization and did not reach the star system stage, the civilizational explosion still happened quietly, and the Wind Star people began to understand the concept of the idea of civilization: the idea of the field and the idea of the wave. The nimble field is a property of every natural organism's existence, and the nimble field is a kind of energy which depends on the physical existence.

When the numinous field reaches a certain strength, it can produce numinous waves, which, as the energy of the universe, can theoretically accomplish anything and even transform into another substance of the universe. The generation and development of this material energy is of significance to any civilization. The Wind Star people also understand the concept of space, which is the only place where the idea civilization surpasses the mechanical civilization: while the Thunder Star people are still improving their speed to overcome the space barrier, the Wind Star people have discovered the idea space, a parallel space that exists alongside the real space

"In simple terms, intentional space is a space composed entirely of thought fields, and intentional space is a discontinuous thought field, which may be separated from each other by tens of thousands of light years. However, these thought fields are closely connected together, the distance between any two thought fields is only the sum of the radius of the thought field. Theoretically, it is possible to move across real space by moving through the space of connected minds. Of course, in that era 2300 years ago, the Wind Star people only understood the theoretical possibility, they can only pass energy state nen waves to each other in the nen space, any matter can not be sent into the nen space."

After the Sand Star people experienced the second space of FTL and the third space of antimatter, the intentional space is nothing but a new concept for the Sand Star people, called the fourth space

"However, the civilization of the Wind Star people went into shock before it exploded, due to the invasion of the Thunder Star people. The Thunderstar people treated Windstar as a new continent, and the Windstar people were expelled, slaughtered and enslaved Disaster struck"